Antonio Pierce says Raiders players made "business decisions" in loss and team will be making their own as they move forward....DeVante?

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

2nd round pick is too rich for his age/contract. if the Raiders decide to move him I would put the max return value at a 2025 3rd.

I think I agree, but the jets always seem to have their own, special, higher price from other teams for desirable players lol. Look at the Rodgers trade, GB should have been begging us to take that contract off their hands for free.

Either that, or Miami /etc. Comes sweeping in to offer less taxes. If DA goes to the highest bidder we could see teams like the chiefs and bills getting involved too. 

In a vacuum, you're right. Maybe even less than a 3rd. In reality? We'll see.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I'm still not convinced Adams will be moved this year. If the Jets ever get him I think it will be this off season, if Williams moves on and JD has more financial flexibility again (and has room after GW/sauce extensions).

I’m certainly not holding my breath but, as @Sperm Edwards said, Adams has two non-guaranteed balloon years after this one at over $35M a piece. If the Raiders don’t plan on paying that, and don’t think they can get him to play at a lower number, either, trading him for anything in a losing season would probably be a wise move. 

• Upvote 2

All of this kind of reminds me of when John Lynch was DEFINITELY coming to New York because he was Herman Edwards best friend, and Herm was his kids Godfather or something... and then Denver signed him for 3 years $9M and it was like, "Yeah, see ya at the Bar-B-Que after the season, Bro!" 

12 hours ago, nycdan said:

I'm not sure I want to see Adams come in.  Yes, he's a shiny weapon but it will probably alienate GW even more than he seems to be and that's not a great thing for the team long term.

GW would be a huge benefactor if we added DA. He's getting all the attention of defenses right now. They wouldn't be doing that w/DA on the field.

15 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m certainly not holding my breath but, as @Sperm Edwards said, Adams has two non-guaranteed balloon years after this one at over $35M a piece. If the Raiders don’t plan on paying that, and don’t think they can get him to play at a lower number, either, trading him for anything in a losing season would probably be a wise move. 

In another post here, I did agree with the idea that IF the raiders are out of playoff contention by the deadline it could make this more favorable.

Honestly, I missed the part where it was mentioned there's $0 guaranteed after this year. That definitely ups the intrigue, but it also makes this a potential land mine if Adams starts getting upset that the jets want to cut his salary after this year. If he weren't best buds with our franchise QB that wouldn't worry me, but with Rodgers....

41 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I think I agree, but the jets always seem to have their own, special, higher price from other teams for desirable players lol. Look at the Rodgers trade, GB should have been begging us to take that contract off their hands for free.

Either that, or Miami /etc. Comes sweeping in to offer less taxes. If DA goes to the highest bidder we could see teams like the chiefs and bills getting involved too. 

In a vacuum, you're right. Maybe even less than a 3rd. In reality? We'll see.

Miami can't even afford an average backup QB and now they are fitting Adams into the cap? The Bills and Chiefs have even less cap space. I don't see either of those teams making a move for Adams.

12 hours ago, nycdan said:

I'm not sure I want to see Adams come in.  Yes, he's a shiny weapon but it will probably alienate GW even more than he seems to be and that's not a great thing for the team long term.

Devante is nearing the end of his prime......GW will be entering his prime soon....him being the future isn't going to change. Just like how Rodgers is a good mentor for him, I'm sure he can pick up a ton from one of the best route runners in the business

We need someone to stop the defense from bracketing GW and doubling him all game.....with AR8 there's enough targets for both of them. As talented as the both of them are, lining up opposite each other, one of them is bound to be open every drop back 

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

Interesting take.  DeVante looked pretty pissed off on the sidelines.

Davante needs to grow the fck up, he's been a mercurial cow every since he signed the contract with Vegas for a billion dollars. He knew what he was getting into when he picked LV. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

In another post here, I did agree with the idea that IF the raiders are out of playoff contention by the deadline it could make this more favorable.

Honestly, I missed the part where it was mentioned there's $0 guaranteed after this year. That definitely ups the intrigue, but it also makes this a potential land mine if Adams starts getting upset that the jets want to cut his salary after this year. If he weren't best buds with our franchise QB that wouldn't worry me, but with Rodgers....

I’m really not doing any speculating on Adams to the Jets. I think the offense is still a work in progress but, once Wilson and Rodgers get on the same page, it should be in pretty good shape. I would expect that to be a focus if not the focus on offense this week. 

But yeah, I could easily see the Raiders unloading him before the deadline. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m really not doing any speculating on Adams to the Jets. I think the offense is still a work in progress but, once Wilson and Rodgers get on the same page, it should be in pretty good shape. I would expect that to be a focus if not the focus on offense this week. 

But yeah, I could easily see the Raiders unloading him before the deadline. 

I'd still be slightly surprised, but only if the Raiders keep Pierce and don't opt for a full rebuild. Adams and Pierce seem close, and it would be wise for them to keep some skill position support for the next QB. 

Of course, logically, you're right. But these raiders seem stubborn. If Adams goes, I think it'll be because Davis and his GM decide to clean house in general (although that seems like a very real possibility if they keep losing)

Adams isn't a must get. You can get close to the same level of production from Mike Williams once he's knocked all the rust off and he gets more involved in the game plan. I'd rather target a JJ replacement on defense.

If they do trade for him, I hope it's for a future 3rd or 4th.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s complicated enough for you not to understand it, I guess. If you want to equivocate blaming multiple factors for failure in a team sport to rocket science, have at it.

Heh, like I said simplistic.

4 replies in and you have yet to offer anything of substance.  Yawn.

“Multiple factors in a team sport.” Yeah, no sh!t, Sherlock.

A head coach telling the media that the team fell flat because some of his players are not trying does not allude to multiple factors.  It is one factor -  the coach scapegoating his players.

It’s a poor excuse.  That’s it.  Simplistic.

1 hour ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I'm still not convinced Adams will be moved this year. If the Jets ever get him I think it will be this off season, if Williams moves on and JD has more financial flexibility again (and has room after GW/sauce extensions).

If they trade Adams, the Raiduhs will finish with the worst W-L record in the NFL.  

How long will it take the Raiduhs really dumb management to realize that getting the #1 pick next season is the way to go.  At most they get 6 wins anyway.   

If ever there was a team that should tank immediately, it's the raiduhs.  They have no QB worth a sh*t,  the worst run game in the NFL, an unhappy, miserable overpaid WR and, of course, an incredibly stupid fan base. @Raideraholic

Yeah, I had the feeling he was referring to the defense.  It was Jones, not Davante Adams.  I didn't see Adams pull up on any plays, but I didn't watch all that much either.  That is one pissed off coach.  Wouldn't be surprised to see a head or two rolling this week.  

57 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Devante is nearing the end of his prime......GW will be entering his prime soon....him being the future isn't going to change. Just like how Rodgers is a good mentor for him, I'm sure he can pick up a ton from one of the best route runners in the business

We need someone to stop the defense from bracketing GW and doubling him all game.....with AR8 there's enough targets for both of them. As talented as the both of them are, lining up opposite each other, one of them is bound to be open every drop back 

I get it.  But seeing as how it's still a longshot we get DA this season, I do think that another week or two of Lazard and Williams doing what they have been doing (along with Breece) will soften defenses for GW.  There are only so many top CB1s in the league and it seems like he will have faced most of them by next week.  I don't see how teams can consistently double cover GW without accepting they will get burned by those other guys.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yeah, I had the feeling he was referring to the defense.  It was Jones, not Davante Adams.  I didn't see Adams pull up on any plays, but I didn't watch all that much either.  That is one pissed off coach.  Wouldn't be surprised to see a head or two rolling this week.  

Yeah, they should unload that Crosby guy.  He's a bum.  We might be able to fix him though.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If they trade Adams, the Raiduhs will finish with the worst W-L record in the NFL.  

How long will it take the Raiduhs really dumb management to realize that getting the #1 pick next season is the way to go.  At most they get 6 wins anyway.   

If ever there was a team that should tank immediately, it's the raiduhs.  They have no QB worth a sh*t,  the worst run game in the NFL, an unhappy, miserable overpaid WR and, of course, an incredibly stupid fan base. @Raideraholic

Titans will give them a run for the top spot, but certainly top 3. 

49 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I get it.  But seeing as how it's still a longshot we get DA this season, I do think that another week or two of Lazard and Williams doing what they have been doing (along with Breece) will soften defenses for GW.  There are only so many top CB1s in the league and it seems like he will have faced most of them by next week.  I don't see how teams can consistently double cover GW without accepting they will get burned by those other guys.

I admit as it stands now Adams is a longshot but I by no means believe we're "set" at WR for a deep playoff run........we're not playing the Pats every week

If things change in a few weeks and it becomes financially possible to add one of the best WRs in the game who has a relationship with our QB, you do it. What's the sense of saying we're going all in without actually going all in? 

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Pierce didn’t say mailing it in; he said business decisions.

A business decision could be catching passes and not blocking; it could be catching passes and running OOB or going down too easily instead of fighting for another yard or two.

TBH I don’t even know if Pierce is talking about Adams in the first place. He could be talking about players on the other side of the ball outright (e.g. a CB who wants no part of really taking on a ball-carrying RB). 

IOW doing whatever’s needed to keep up stats, while also doing whatever’s needed to avoid injury.

Sperm, I always make my business decisions by mailing them in. Sometimes email.

We need Reddick for the second half of the season more than we need Adams. And it’s still very likely Reddick will show in the next month or so. Adams, of course, makes the offense better by being another strong weapon and by forcing the defense not to double GW as much … but there are only so many weapons we can have on the field at once, so I’m not convinced it will be a huge upgrade. I don’t think we NEED him. The pass rush, however — despite the Thursday night feast against the Patriots — is likely going to NEED another ace later in the season. 
So if we can have both, I’d be for it. But if trading for Adams means Reddick is gone, I think it might be a net loss.

I disagree big time. We don’t need anymore defense. I don’t care if we have a top 15 or a top 3 defense.

What we NEED is a top offense. We have the QB, let’s surround him with as many weapons as possible.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Adams isn't a must get. You can get close to the same level of production from Mike Williams once he's knocked all the rust off and he gets more involved in the game plan. I'd rather target a JJ replacement on defense.

If they do trade for him, I hope it's for a future 3rd or 4th.

Mike Williams is a decent to good WR, but he isn't on the level of Davante Adams. 

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Mike Williams is a decent to good WR, but he isn't on the level of Davante Adams. 

When Adams was in his prime, absolutely no question. But he's 31 now. Look at his last season.

103 rec (175 targets) 1144 yards, 8 TD 11.6 y/r 

Mike Williams has an issue staying healthy but if you go back to the last season where he played at least 16 games his stat line was:

76 rec (129 targets) 1146 yards, 9 TD 15.1 y/r

Adams needs like 12 targets a game. He's not going to get that here and his production will suffer. I think Williams is only going to get better as each game passes.

Anyway, career wise Adams is the superior player. No question. But my contention is that Williams can provide similar production to what Adams could provide this year. Don't sleep on Mike Williams.