Has Davante Adams Played His Last Snap as a Raider?

How are the Saints seemingly not an option here?  They've got Carr, his college buddy when he was mad that the Raiders let him go and his WR coach.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he actually prefers the Saints over the Jets.

Just now, rtnelson said:

How are the Saints seemingly not an option here?  They've got Carr, his college buddy when he was mad that the Raiders let him go and his WR coach.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he actually prefers the Saints over the Jets.

They are said to be one of the teams he'd accept. They do have less than 3 million in cap space. I'm sure they could figure that part out but maybe some hoops that complicate things there.

1 minute ago, rtnelson said:

Cap situation might be too hard for them.

They also are slated to be like 100mill over the cap in 2025.

They have the worst cap situation in the NFL.

Pushing money isn't the best for them.

As an example, we're slated to have 85mill in cap space next year.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Cap situation might be too hard for them.

They also are slated to be like 100mill over the cap in 2025.

They have the worst cap situation in the NFL.

Pushing money isn't the best for them.

As an example, we're slated to have 85mill in cap space next year.

I didn't realize they were that far in the hole for 2025. Still, they could technically convert the 2024 salary to future bonus and roster him. It would just create a bigger hole for the future.

Probably not something they're likely to seriously pursue.

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I didn't realize they were that far in the hole for 2025. Still, they could technically convert the 2024 salary to future bonus and roster him. It would just create a bigger hole for the future.

Probably not something they're likely to seriously pursue.

They could make it work. Any team could. But it's just if it's worth it.

When you're 100mill over the cap and would have to at least move 10-15mill more into future years.

That's not what you want. Especially for a rental for potentially only 12 games or less.

• Upvote 1