Davante Adams trade comp poll

Earlies pick you'd give up for Davante Adams, is?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. What would you give up?

5 hours ago, Pac said:

The Rams won a superbowl trading for saviors.  A pick in the late 50s next year or Davante Adams at a reasonable price (I'm sure he'll give the team a discount) doesn't seem like much of a choice. 

If McVay was the HC I'm all in.  The worst thing that can happen is the NFL super computer puts us in on a tiebreaker in the wild card round 1 and done and Saleh and Hackett are back.

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Counter argument.  We aren't winning a SB with Rodgers and Adams.  Were better off not tying up more cash in Rodgers Super friends for the next GM and HC.   Were better off if Woody cleans house than making the playoffs and lossing in the wild card round.   Rodgers is going to be up and down all year no matter who is around him.  He's on the back 9  limping into the clubhouse for a few drinks. 

maybe not but they should try to win a SB this year. 

If I’m Adams, I am going to push my way to the Saints. Him and Carr are just as good as friends as he and Rodgers and it’s a risk getting traded to New York. Rogers may not even be here next year. So does he want to get traded again to a team to be with a certain quarterback that leaves after one year?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

If I’m Adams, I am going to push my way to the Saints. Him and Carr are just as good as friends as he and Rodgers and it’s a risk getting traded to New York. Rogers may not even be here next year. So does he want to get traded again to a team to be with a certain quarterback that leaves after one year?

He's likely a FA next year. The 2025 & 2026 contract years are "fake".

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

I might never watch a Jets game again. That is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too much. Thank god fans are not GMs

So if BUF is offering a 2nd you’re not matching it? And the having to play against him twice a year now on top of losing out on him.

The overvalue of draft picks sometimes is crazy. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He's likely a FA next year. The 2025 & 2026 contract years are "fake".

If he gets traded, most likely that team is going to redo his deal, especially if they’re giving up a second round pick or close. 

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So if BUF is offering a 2nd you’re not matching it? And the having to play against him twice a year now on top of losing out on him.

He’s 32 years old. The least of my worries is a future of facing Adams twice a year, but I don't see Buffalo getting involved, anyway. Their offense seems to’ve benefitted by getting ridding of their #1 WR and also, their cap space is quite limited this year and next. 

I’d be willing to go as high as a third because, as has been mentioned, the Jets have two of them next year. Realistically, you have to look at it as a rest of the year rental. No one’s redoing his stupid contract this year, which has another $70M coming over the next two years. Makes no sense for the trading partner or Adams. It’s -ideally- a 12+ game addition that also serves as an audition. 

It would be a win-now move. You make a win-now move when you truly believe you’re ready to win now. It’s not happening before Sunday. I think the result of that game could have an impact on just how seriously JD wants to actually pursue him. 

2 minutes ago, slats said:

He’s 32 years old. The least of my worries is a future of facing Adams twice a year, but I don't see Buffalo getting involved, anyway. Their offense seems to’ve benefitted by getting ridding of their #1 WR and also, their cap space is quite limited this year and next. 

I’d be willing to go as high as a third because, as has been mentioned, the Jets have two of them next year. Realistically, you have to look at it as a rest of the year rental. No one’s redoing his stupid contract this year, which has another $70M coming over the next two years. Makes no sense for the trading partner or Adams. It’s -ideally- a 12+ game addition that also serves as an audition. 

It would be a win-now move. You make a win-now move when you truly believe you’re ready to win now. It’s not happening before Sunday. I think the result of that game could have an impact on just how seriously JD wants to actually pursue him. 

We are absolutely in a win-now mode. We may not win, but it has to be now and in my opinion you go for it

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

He is owed this year.

He has 2 years at $36M after this one.  

Can't be both in the real world, and Adams knows that. 

Either we can get out of him without paying OR he has two more years at $36M, both cannot happen.  He'll want those two years guaranteed.  Will he hold out?  Probably not, honestly, but it's more drama, more distraction, because he's shown he's more than happy to make "business decisions" mid-season.

He, the player, is likely to ask for something if he's being traded.  Adams knows (or his agent does) the score on his contract.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

My real question is this:  Do you not want him at any price?  There are guys and times I understand that, but in this case, that seems crazy.  I get not wanting to pony up big money for him in 2025 or giving up too much draft capital.  Still, they HAVE to kick the tires on this.  Through three games this year he is performing about the same as he did last year pace for 170+ targets, 100+ catches and 1,100 or so yards.  He is as plug and play for a Rodgers team as it gets.  I think we probably share a dislike of getting off building something through the draft to this attempt to win now with geezers, but we are in it now, so don't half ass it. I want to go whole ass!

I was pretty clear I think, I'm not giving this regime anything else outside of this year, cost wise.  They built this team, they're lame ducks, they will win or lose with the team they built.  I would not (if I were owner) allow them to bind us for future years in any way now.

And lets be clear, the second we went after Rodgers, the real "building something right, through the draft" went out the window, everything has effectively been about this window since then, even our best draft picks.  

Again, this is one reason why I'd never have allowed JD/Saleh to be lame ducks.  Lame ducks make decisions based on short term interest over long term success.  I'm entirely unconvinced that Adams moves the needle for this team in 2024, and I'm definitely unmoved that we want Adams for 2025 and 2026, potentially without Rodgers, at $36M.  

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Either we can get out of him without paying OR he has two more years at $36M, both cannot happen.  He'll want those two years guaranteed.  Will he hold out?  Probably not, honestly, but it's more drama, more distraction, because he's shown he's more than happy to make "business decisions" mid-season.

He, the player, is likely to ask for something if he's being traded.  Adams knows (or his agent does) the score on his contract.

I was pretty clear I think, I'm not giving this regime anything else outside of this year, cost wise.  They built this team, they're lame ducks, they will win or lose with the team they built.  I would not (if I were owner) allow them to bind us for future years in any way now.

And lets be clear, the second we went after Rodgers, the real "building something right, through the draft" went out the window, everything has effectively been about this window since then, even our best draft picks.  

Again, this is one reason why I'd never have allowed JD/Saleh to be lame ducks.  Lame ducks make decisions based on short term interest over long term success.  I'm entirely unconvinced that Adams moves the needle for this team in 2024, and I'm definitely unmoved that we want Adams for 2025 and 2026, potentially without Rodgers, at $36M.  

Your fear of drama and distraction amuses me.  Learn to be comfortable in uncomfortable situations. 

3 hours ago, Pac said:

Yes but my point is the no one, including the Jets are trading anything of significance for a 13 game rental. 

Adams can dictate where he goes knowing that he can ride out the year, get released, and go where he wants anyway. 

There is zero chance he's going anywhere he doesn't agree to. 

Thinking a 3rd. This has rest of season rental written all over it. We can cut him next year post June 1 and he won’t count for a penny on next years cap. I’d hate this trade if we made the deal and then reworked his contract. Adams was a great player, he still might be very good, but I’d hate to do this trade at the expense of locking up our own guys down the road.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I am not matching it. He is on the last year of his contract. We are not winning anything this year and mortgaging the future even more than it is is flat idiotic.                                                                                                          

14 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Thinking a 3rd. This has rest of season rental written all over it. We can cut him next year post June 1 and he won’t count for a penny on next years cap. I’d hate this trade if we made the deal and then reworked his contract. Adams was a great player, he still might be very good, but I’d hate to do this trade at the expense of locking up our own guys down the road.

WAY too much

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

I might never watch a Jets game again. That is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too much. Thank god fans are not GMs

17 minutes ago, extmenace said:

3 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

WAY too much

That is seven less WAYs!  How many Jets games would you not watch over that? 

42 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’ve probably seen that photo 50 times and never noticed until just now he’s wearing sweat socks and flip flops. Who does that?

That is literally the first thing that I noticed when I saw that picture.  Socks and sandals is bad enough, but flip flops?  At least with the usual shower shoe/slides that you wear when you pull your cleats.  He should be getting those free as part of his sneaker deal.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

I give up nothing.  I don't trade for Adams.

We have more than enough WR talent.  If Rodgers can't make it work, Adams isn't going to change that.

And I'm not investing another dollar in the JD/Saleh regime beyond this season now.  

Fans love to dream of saviors and panacea one-move "big name" answers.  Lol.  

Odds are a new regime will not fix the problems; it will be another multi-year rebuild with inexperienced QBs involved. I would expect Adams to come here and the team to still suck because of the coaches.

Still, I’d support the move.  Having Adams here and still sucking may persuade Woody to fire every single person in the organization, PR department included, or sell the team.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

No team — literally, NO team — is going to guarantee a 32 year old Davante Adams $72M for the two seasons AFTER this one. That’s not even remotely realistic.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Either we can get out of him without paying OR he has two more years at $36M, both cannot happen.  He'll want those two years guaranteed.

I suspect that he understands that he’s never seeing the last two years of his deal as written. He’ll want to be traded to a place where he can either rework his current deal favorably or show off his talents to land a nice new contract with another team after he’s cut. The Jets are the betting favorite because Adams teaming up with Rodgers makes a lot of sense for him. I’m not sure it makes a lot of sense for the Jets. I tend to agree with a lot of what you’ve said on the subject, and that -while I’m not opposed to adding pieces- Wilson, Williams, Lazard, Breece, Braelon, Conklin, and Ruckert should kinda be enough. They need to be used correctly, and they need to execute. 

• Upvote 2

how about nothing.

yes Adams is great but adding him brings problems.

1st. i dont like that he is asking for a trade in season, after 4 games no less. this sounds to me like a me type player and not a team player. so if we dont make the playoffs he going too want a trade out of here? 

2nd and most importantly, who get dropped to WR4?

Williams has been great. he makes some unbelievable catches. and Lazard has been really good too. plus Lazard is Rodgers safety blanket. if you haven't notice he is Rodgers go to guy when he is in trouble. he seems to know where Rodgers wants him to be and is always there.

only logical person is GW to drop to 4. but he is still a great talent who needs work. if you drop him it would stunt his growth.

whats that song? i got 99 problems and the bitch aint one? well the Jets got 99 problems and WR aint one.

3rd. the compensation. a 2nd rd pick and other considerations.

that sounds to me like they want a player or 2. and there going to want a young good guy so no Mitchells or Kuntzs. there probably going to want either McDonald, Tippman, or maybe MC2 or even Allen. don't lie to yourselves and think we can send them some scrub . its going to have to be a young proven player.

i want to win a SB just as much as the next guy but im not giving up our future to get one. and i think JD feels the same otherwise Reddick would have got whatever crazy cap killing contract he wanted already.