**** OFFICIAL AFCE 1st PLACE JETS v BILLS GAME THREAD ****

Pac

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers seems like a nice enough guy and he’s trying hard, but everything we were warned about from the end of his Green Bay tenure has been 100% spot on. He’s an old superstar in steep decline who’s acting as a black hole for everyone around him.

How has he been a black hole? I mean you’re blaming him for drops in the ez and players falling down. The lethargy existed before Rodgers. We have a roster comprised of Gen z mopes.l And a coach who coddled to them.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

How has he been a black hole? I mean you’re blaming him for drops in the ez and players falling down. The lethargy existed before Rodgers. We have a roster comprised of Gen z mopes.l and a coach to coddled to them.

im getting older and eyesight is not what it used to be but the Aaron Rodgers I watched last night is more than good enough to get a quality team into the playoffs and be competitive. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Trotter said:

im getting older and eyesight is not what it used to be but the Aaron Rodgers I watched last night is more than good enough to get a quality team into the playoffs and be competitive. 

Yes but he’s not good enough to overcome a bad LT who is getting routinely beat, all those penalties and missed fgs.  He’s not the HOF qb right now.  He’s good enough to win though,. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers seems like a nice enough guy and he’s trying hard, but everything we were warned about from the end of his Green Bay tenure has been 100% spot on. He’s an old superstar in steep decline who’s acting as a black hole for everyone around him.

Can you just go follow Mia Kimes on X or some sh*t 

• Haha 1

Just now, Claymation said:

The NFL has a referee problem.

yes they do - simply unwatchable with the amount of flags and of course 4 minutes of discussion with 4 refs to ultimately decide a neutral zone infraction. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Yes but he’s not good enough to overcome a bad LT who is getting routinely beat, all those penalties and missed fgs.  He’s not the HOF qb right now.  He’s good enough to win though,. 

so true.

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Two missed kicks. Breece drop on first drive that was well scripted. Wilson drop. A defense who can’t sniff a turnover. And obviously the penalties which made the game kind of a joke either way.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

How has he been a black hole? I mean you’re blaming him for drops in the ez and players falling down. The lethargy existed before Rodgers. We have a roster comprised of Gen z mopes.l And a coach who coddled to them.

This is verbatim what they were saying about the Packers two years ago.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We know you're trying to twist the season's narrative into "we were warned about Aaron Rodgers but didn't listen".  He played very well yesterday and he certainly is giving plenty of effort.  It's not on him.

• Upvote 2

Two missed kicks. Breece drop on first drive that was well scripted. Wilson drop. And obviously the penalties which made the game kind of a joke either way.

i actually thought of you driving home last night (no not that way) listening to the recap and buttle states that it was windy hence the two misses.

I liked him as a player but enough already

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean he played well enough to win last night, which was the whole idea of bringing him here (the gm being bad being a different story). 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Williams falling down for no reason on the INT and Wilson not hanging onto a TD; how is that on Rodgers? He's old and he's no mobile QB, but he's a pro. Which sadly is not something you can say about a good chunk of this team. If the team around him was nearly as diligent, would be a different outcome. 

At the podium last might, looked like he was completely disgusted. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jolot said:

Hall is fat and slow , Wilson is a ballerina afraid to take a hit , and Sauce has zero impact on winning . They should sell these guys at the deadline . This core is rotten 

We need a Tom Coughlin type of coach who will toughen these guys up.  Uber talent soft as charmin.

• Upvote 1

Two missed kicks. Breece drop on first drive that was well scripted. Wilson drop. And obviously the penalties which made the game kind of a joke either way.

6'5, 260, Jeremy Ruckert, getting the ball popped out by a 5'6 160 S on a perfectly placed ball on the final drive helped too!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiFtheOracle said:

6'5, 260, Jeremy Ruckert, getting the ball popped out by a 5'6 160 S on a perfectly placed ball on the final drive helped too!

Yup , he’s terrible also …and Clemons omg …. JD is a disaster 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Trotter said:

yes they do - simply unwatchable with the amount of flags and of course 4 minutes of discussion with 4 refs to ultimately decide a neutral zone infraction. 

NCAA football right now is a much better game to watch. Even when you watch to low end schools. Like 2 different sports. Curious if the 12 team playoff is gonna be more messy than the regular season.

Aside; Mike Vaccaro of the Post pointed out Army and Navy are undefeated. Possible one or the other can win their conference, which can qualify for the final 12 slot.  And since the selection is before the Army/Navy game, plausibly lose that game but go to the playoff. Would think the NCAA if this happens might decide to simply make Army/Navy a play in game but there's no provision for that today.

12 minutes ago, Bugg said:

NCAA football right now is a much better game to watch. Even when you watch to low end schools. Like 2 different sports. Curious if the 12 team playoff is gonna be more messy than the regular season.

Aside; Mike Vaccaro of the Post pointed out Army and Navy are undefeated. Possible one or the other can win their conference, which can qualify for the final 12 slot.  And since the selection is before the Army/Navy game, plausibly lose that game but go to the playoff. Would think the NCAA if this happens might decide to simply make Army/Navy a play in game but there's no provision for that today.

absolutely

Troy vs south alabama tonight will be a much better watch than what we witness in the nfl.

Army/Navy a play in? that would be outstanding. Army puts up alot of points. Have not really watched Navy so not sure what their offense is - a few years back it was strictly run  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

The bold = that’s my point. It’s absolutely foolish to have expected to see a completely different team. NFL teams take months installing coaches and systems. They take even longer building he relationships and culture.

Saleh was here a long time. It’s going to take a bit to really purge his influence. We have star players looking fat and slow, we have penalties everywhere, it’s all going to take time.

I admire your apetimism.

• En Fuego 1

41 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean he played well enough to win last night, which was the whole idea of bringing him here (the gm being bad being a different story). 

If you don’t include the hail mary, he scored 13 points. The Jets are like 25th in scoring. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

When the only person who likes your post is @bicketybam you know you missed the joke.

I got the joke.  It wasn’t funny and for bonus points I pointed out the Giants have the same situation.  
There was nothing to like.  Worry about how many like your posts

46 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Williams falling down for no reason on the INT and Wilson not hanging onto a TD; how is that on Rodgers? He's old and he's no mobile QB, but he's a pro. Which sadly is not something you can say about a good chunk of this team. If the team around him was nearly as diligent, would be a different outcome. 

At the podium last might, looked like he was completely disgusted. 

If you put Rodgers on the market right now for a seventh round pick, how many teams would make that trade? 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

The bold = that’s my point. It’s absolutely foolish to have expected to see a completely different team. NFL teams take months installing coaches and systems. They take even longer building he relationships and culture.

Saleh was here a long time. It’s going to take a bit to really purge his influence. We have star players looking fat and slow, we have penalties everywhere, it’s all going to take time.

The Robert Saleh Jets were the same Jets that everyone has been watching for the past 14 years. You could stick Chubbs Peterson out there to motivate and coach these guys and you'll still get the same sh*t.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you don’t include the hail mary, he scored 13 points. The Jets are like 25th in scoring. 

Are the penalties and missed field goals on him too? Two missed easy kicks, a dropped touchdown from a first round pick( who almost  blew the other touchdown) and a touchdown taken off the board because of a hold. Rodgers is well beyond his prime but the whole idea here was for him to manage the game and make plays and let the defense be the defense. 

The Jets biggest problem right now are the penalties.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I got the joke.  It wasn’t funny and for bonus points I pointed out the Giants have the same situation.  
There was nothing to like.  Worry about how many like your posts

You’re the board’s version of the grumpy old scold who runs out of her house to yell at every neighborhood kid she thinks is playing too close to her lawn.

Just stay inside and watch tv, Margaret.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach brought a puppy vibe to the team.  He was cute and licked everyone’s faces but he also shat and peed all over the place.

Rodgers has brought contempt for all authority he clearly bites but he’s house trained. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

He came in and took over the team.  It’s his show.  The lack of execution and the contempt for coaching is apparent everywhere.  No question he’s a very talented player.

Watching Ulrich and Downing press conference slobber over Hackett was embarrassing for the organization.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Robert Saleh Jets were the same Jets that everyone has been watching for the past 14 years. You could stick Chubbs Peterson out there to motivate and coach these guys and you'll still get the same sh*t.

Yup.

With Bowles it was we gotta clean some things up - after every damn game

Saleh/Ulbirch - we will get it fixed.

Time for a Denny Green (rest his soul) type to come out and simply state, we suck and make the same mistakes over and over. So we are going to replace guys regardless of star status until we stop making the same stupid errors or we run out of guys at which time we sill simply forfeit so our fans so not have to sit out in the cold for the same losing result.