Adams immediately agrees to a new contract.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Jason at OTC speculated prior to the trade that JD would just convert his '24 salary to a bonus so he could push that cap hit to '25 to ensure they can stay under the cap if red dick shows up.

players are always happy to get an immediate check

I bet it's a true 2 or 3 year deal spread out

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Kicked a bunch of Adams money into the future because the other WRs he paid to bring in weren’t adequate and the WRs he drafted can’t play with the QB he traded for to replace the megabust QB he drafted and now he’ll use the money he saved this year to maybe pay off the LB he traded for in the offseason who never showed up

So you're saying he has a plan? Let's fn go.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

If Rodgers stays healthy this season I think the addition of Adams all but secures Rodgers return for another year or two. Rodgers’ ego will not allow him to leave a loser….but if his body breaks apart then that’s a different story.

I just wonder who is going to want to coach this situation? Let’s see how we finish our the year….hopefully strong even if we miss the playoffs.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Kicked a bunch of Adams money into the future because the other WRs he paid to bring in weren’t adequate and the WRs he drafted can’t play with the QB he traded for to replace the megabust QB he drafted and now he’ll use the money he saved this year to maybe pay off the LB he traded for in the offseason who never showed up

Wilson has looked great the last 2 weeks. You do know it’s normal for QBs and WRs to not gel right away right?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If Rodgers stays healthy this season I think the addition of Adams all but secures Rodgers return for another year or two. Rodgers’ ego will not allow him to leave a loser….but if his body breaks apart then that’s a different story.

I just wonder who is going to want to coach this situation? Let’s see how we finish our the year….hopefully strong even if we miss the playoffs.

The current HC

50 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Jason at OTC speculated prior to the trade that JD would just convert his '24 salary to a bonus so he could push that cap hit to '25 to ensure they can stay under the cap if red dick shows up.

players are always happy to get an immediate check

Only thought would be, they don't need to agree on a restructure to pay him faster.

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So convoluted, yet so true.And so Jets

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I do think next year will be the final year of this “all-in” experiment. JD will probably get a 1 year extension to see it through. 

• Ugh 1

27 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Alan Lazard leads the league in receiving TD's!

Also is 21st in receiving yards (and 28th in rec yds/game) - which nominally makes him a #1 WR - 6 games into the season.

Put it this way: he has more yards, the same number of TDs, and even with those drops still has a higher catch-rate than Mike Evans. Plus Evans's 1st TD was total garbage time.

Therefore...

Allen Lazard > Mike Evans ? :D 

...also is a bargain at $11MM???

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Also is 21st in receiving yards (and 28th in rec yds/game) - which nominally makes him a #1 WR - 6 games into the season.

Put it this way: he has more yards, the same number of TDs, and even with those drops still has a higher catch-rate than Mike Evans. Plus Evans's 1st TD was total garbage time.

Therefore...

Allen Lazard > Mike Evans ? :D 

...also is a bargain at $11MM???

ipso facto quid pro quo ipse dixit

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, but Garrett Wilson is elite. I’ve seen him dominate with all manner of sh*tty QB and it was depressing last night listening to Troy Aikman—who once called Wilson the best young receiver he’s ever seen—question whether Wilson had “regressed.” You look at the Packers receivers now and they all look like #1’s with Jordan Love playing, but they were all dogsh*t pariahs with Rodgers. 

Wait you were taking what Aikmam and buck say serious?

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, but Garrett Wilson is elite. I’ve seen him dominate with all manner of sh*tty QB and it was depressing last night listening to Troy Aikman—who once called Wilson the best young receiver he’s ever seen—question whether Wilson had “regressed.” You look at the Packers receivers now and they all look like #1’s with Jordan Love playing, but they were all dogsh*t pariahs with Rodgers. 

Rodgers is an M-16 at this point of his career. The current good-to-great QBs are AK-47s.

The M-16 was an engineering marvel, and as a feat of design, vastly superior to the AK-47. When coddled and properly maintained, it was superior in every way to the AK. But one little speck of mud in the mechanism, and it would jam or misfire. Meanwhile, the AK-47 was built sloppily -- often by amateurs gunsmiths -- it rattled when you shook it but you could cover it in mud, neglect it, roll a truck over it and load it with sub-standard ammunition and it would still fire.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Cant wait till this time next year when adams wants out after rodgers retires after our 8 win season and joey D has the cap liability for a few more years.

Episode-85.jpg

Then we can sign Fields or Jameis for cheap 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Cant wait till this time next year when adams wants out after rodgers retires after our 8 win season and joey D has the cap liability for a few more years.

Episode-85.jpg

Is this after all the cap liabilities you couldn’t wait For that would ruin everything.  We’ve brought on Rodgers and Adams and you can’t stop moaning. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Is this after all the cap liabilities you couldn’t wait For that would ruin everything.  We’ve brought on Rodgers and Adams and you can’t stop moaning. 

But have we dressed the wound after the patient has already bled out?