Oh, Ed... Fireman Ed accuses Jets of phasing him out: ‘Something was going on’

F this guy 

I was going to to games  longer than him and I can assure you fans go to the games to watch the team play

p.s is this not the same guy that engaged in a public quitting?

honestly the only thing I find more annoying than Ed is the T shirt cannons and the guy that tells us what down it is ....

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

After attending the game at ML last year, I think I'm good for a while. I might take the boys to Jax in December just to see a live game, but that stadium is so easy to get in and out of and Decent hotels are so close, it's a pleasant trip (went in 2012). Jax fans are tame and it's not crazy expensive. 

Just getting back to the Hilton 1 mile from the stadium last year was a legit problem. Uber was $60. Not kidding. All the guys I tailgated with kind of disappeared after the loss so I said **** it and walked back. Had to jump a fence for the first time in a while. Most fun part of the night...

The old stadium here was easy to get out because it had the spiral ramps. But because a few young ladies, and not against their will,  decided to hold impromptu halftime displays of their.....assets there, that feature was not part of the design on MetLife. So it's damn near impossible to get out of the place in a timely fashion. So no halftime shows AND takes forever to exit; LOSE/LOSE.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The old stadium here was easy to get out because it had the spiral ramps. But because a few young ladies, and not against their will,  decided to hold impromptu halftime displays of their.....assets there, that feature was not part of the design on MetLife. So it's damn near impossible to get out of the place in a timely fashion. So no halftime shows AND takes forever to exit; LOSE/LOSE.  

Surprised Woody didn't try to monetize that with live cams streaming to a Jets OnlyFans account.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I personally love Fireman Ed and think it’s a shame what the organization is doing to him. He’s been a loyal fan for decades. Hey Woody - put Ed back up on the screen!

On November 22, 2012, during a Thanksgiving night Jets blowout 49–19 loss to the New England Patriots, Ed left the game at halftime and deleted his Twitter account. He "retired" as the self-proclaimed mascot of the New York Jets, stating he will attend games but not in character

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

The gameday presentation at MetLife is atrocious (cc @Trotter) but not because of the lack of Fireman Ed.  LOL at this.

your just pissed because some guy probably knocked you over trying to get a free t shirt that they fire into the crowd.😀

They upped their game and now have a gattling gun that does it

by the way they did bring back the always popular 'who let the dogs out'

Sweet Caroline is next.

im not a stadium hater but the experience inside is dreadful

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

I supported him when he "retired" like 5-6 years ago or whatever because they Jets were so bad. Then he came back... probably missed the limelight... but now he just seems like he's suffering from main character syndrome.

Let's hope GW doesn't suffer from that once Davante gets here.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

I'd get this tattooed on my chest if it meant I never had to listen to Joe Nolan huff and puff "IT IS THIRRRRRRRRDDDD DOWN" ever again

I hear that "MAKEEE SOME NOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSEEEEEEE" thing in my head.  Far better than the KARS 4 KIDS jingle at least.

• Haha 2

To say one positive thing about the post-modern sports stadium experience -- it's never been safer to bring kids to see a game. A lot of that probably has to do with the extreme prices for tickets and alcohol screening out some "rougher" behavior, but it is a positive that you generally don't have to worry about your kid getting hit in the head with a beer bottle these days.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Because the Jets crowd is weak. I went to MetLife for the first time last season. The PA people don't help with the incessant screamingly loud music, sound FX, yelling, whistles, etc. It made the In Stadium experience kind of miserable... the Jets getting crushed by the Chargers didn't help. 

When I used to go to a LOT of games in the 1990's the crowd just... did the chant organically and made noise when needed - and kept quieter when we had the ball. The Post-PSL crowd sucks at rooting for Football and apparently needs a retired Fireman to spell J-E-T-S. LOL

💯

• Upvote 1