Burn.it.down.

4 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

The brave choice is to tear it down. The truth is Woody will want to continue to hold out hope because some that have his ear within the organization will want to continue this pretense until the end of the season.  A possible 7 win season is better on their collective resumes than a tear-it-down, 4 win season. Rogers, Douglas, Ulbrich and others will all be whispering in Woody's ear, telling him how close we are to turning it around.

This is all well and good, but can you imagine that the Jets would be in a far worse place than they were with Zach Wilson at the helm? Think that we would be worse! 

Well.....

Woody Can't!

We are the "most talented team" he has ever had!  Right????

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I started the real version of this thread earlier this week.

It was started after the Bronco loss. 

Eat everyone's salary for the maximum draft return.  Build the o-line around Olu and Tippman. 

Tank next year for a QB in 26. 

• Upvote 2

maybe the burn will go more deep than imagined. it has seemed to me that you dont see much of the New York affiliation lately. they are like the generic ‘jets’.

is it possible, with league encouragement that ownership is setting up for the UK or Germany move? they would have not only a city but a country to themselves.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If you want even the slightest glimmer of hope that the Jets can field a competitive football team within the next 3–5 years, you do not start the rebuild at the end of this season. You start it now before the trade deadline.

So many things are broken that you can’t even suggest there is a move or two that fixes this team. The offense is still disjointed and underperforming, the defense cannot make an important stop against an inferior opponent, the team cannot kick an extra point. This team is winless and still undisciplined since firing Robert Saleh. On offense, they waste timeouts and get delays of game, despite hiding Nate Hackett in a closet.

This is probably the biggest gap I have ever seen between the talent a team has and its results on the field.

The franchise is fundamentally broken.

The problem is: who are we going to have starting the rebuild?  JD?   

Ideally we'd trade everyone and lose out.  Then trade all of our draft picks to load up for the future.  Also, raise ticket prices as a "thank you" to the STHs.

21 minutes ago, jago said:

maybe the burn will go more deep than imagined. it has seemed to me that you dont see much of the New York affiliation lately. they are like the generic ‘jets’.

is it possible, with league encouragement that ownership is setting up for the UK or Germany move? they would have not only a city but a country to themselves.

Would this make it okay to choose a new team?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jago said:

This would make things easier

• Upvote 1

We need to trade everyone for picks. Sauce, hall, Wilson. We need to start fresh. We need a real Gm and coach that will bring institutional knowledge to the team and turn us into a football franchise that scouts and develops.

1 minute ago, Arsis said:

We need to trade everyone for picks. Sauce, hall, Wilson. We need to start fresh. We need a real Gm and coach that will bring institutional knowledge to the team and turn us into a football franchise that scouts and develops.

Jets and draft picks. What could go wrong?

Money Burn GIF by nog

To be honest...

I stopped watching the Jets in earnest 2 years ago. I used to live, breathe, and eat Jets football. Now, I enjoy my Sundays with my kids. I tried watching a little earlier this season, but this team just doesn't have any soul. The last competitive teams with soul were back when we had Brick, Mangold, and Rex. 

I come on here to check the scores and see everyone's take on all things Jets, but it's not as big a part of my life as it used to be. This team needs that hard nosed lunch pail mentality. It hasn't had that in quite some time. The NY Jets lost their soul, and it's gonna be some time before they get it back.

Trade all valuable assets for whatever draft capital you can get. Draft and develop the freaking O line! We need homegrown talent in the trenches. Fill out the skills positions with some middle of the road free agents until you can draft and develop some of your own. Focus on player development. Then, after a couple of years, strategically make some trades to fill in holes. That's how to form a team with some character and soul.

The Jets won't be competitive until they start focusing on player development and bring in the right coaches to do so.

Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Reappoint him as ambassador to Somalia or Afghanistan. Then apply for  Superfund status to clean up this mess./

So Fredo can take over again? Woody may be dumb but he was smart enough to leave his nincompoop brother in charge when he was in England so that jets fans would be happy when he came back.

You would have to fire JD before doing this. otherwise you are telling him to dismantle the sh*t team he built because it sucks so bad. He can't be expected to carry that out in good faith. and if you are saying he sucks so bad how do you let him walk into the building tomorrow? 

what woody would have to do is fire JD, appoint an interim, or reassign duties to Hymie or something, or have someone in the pocket already. If he did this tho, he's admitting his interventions with this team are also liable re sh*t product.

This might be attractive to a stud GM to come in and with a clean break, decide who stays, who goes, and start from scratch.

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If you want even the slightest glimmer of hope that the Jets can field a competitive football team within the next 3–5 years, you do not start the rebuild at the end of this season. You start it now before the trade deadline.

So many things are broken that you can’t even suggest there is a move or two that fixes this team. The offense is still disjointed and underperforming, the defense cannot make an important stop against an inferior opponent, the team cannot kick an extra point. This team is winless and still undisciplined since firing Robert Saleh. On offense, they waste timeouts and get delays of game, despite hiding Nate Hackett in a closet.

This is probably the biggest gap I have ever seen between the talent a team has and its results on the field.

The franchise is fundamentally broken.

💯 believe this may be the worst, most talented NFL team of all-time

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Reality is the result today is probably better

Better draft pick 

Look at this freaking joke of a team!

Even if you win today you’re 3-5 and about to get crushed by HOU on TNF

This team was never making the playoffs even if you put them against sisters of the poor every week 

Meh. We have had top 10 picks for 14 years or so outside a few years. Hasn’t helped. Draft position doesn’t do it for me anymore 

34 minutes ago, Vader said:

You would have to fire JD before doing this. otherwise you are telling him to dismantle the sh*t team he built because it sucks so bad. He can't be expected to carry that out in good faith. and if you are saying he sucks so bad how do you let him walk into the building tomorrow? 

what woody would have to do is fire JD, appoint an interim, or reassign duties to Hymie or something, or have someone in the pocket already. If he did this tho, he's admitting his interventions with this team are also liable re sh*t product.

This might be attractive to a stud GM to come in and with a clean break, decide who stays, who goes, and start from scratch.

Don't be surprised if Woody takes the helm on an interim basis and just starts fresh next year. 

12 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Don't be surprised if Woody takes the helm on an interim basis and just starts fresh next year. 

A new GM that might get to start now would get to decide on recouping value on JD's roster... just sayin. I guess Hymie or Woody or any interim guy could do that and set the table for a new GM with a stocked cupboard of draft capital etc