When they call us a dynasty.........

theinlawjosie

the majority of Jets fans MIGHT finally be happy with whomever our QB may be.....until then forget about it. Right now it's Chads arm strength, we get somebody with a cannon and it will be their decision making or mechanics or ability to read a defense that we will be picking apart.

I understand that people want what's best for the team, but since I have been a member of this group the majority of posts have been about Jets QB's and their various faults. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it is a forum....I'm just saying........

the majority of Jets fans MIGHT finally be happy with whomever our QB may be.....until then forget about it. Right now it's Chads arm strength, we get somebody with a cannon and it will be their decision making or mechanics or ability to read a defense that we will be picking apart.

I understand that people want what's best for the team, but since I have been a member of this group the majority of posts have been about Jets QB's and their various faults. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it is a forum....I'm just saying........

Actually, right now its Chads arm strength, decision making, and ability to read defenses that are all in question. The only thing he may have going for him is mechanics.

Could be the Ming Dynasty. Those guys kicked ass, even though it was in 1300 A.D. something or other.

The Ming dynasty? You're kidding right. Easily one of the most over rated dynasties if you take a close look at their schedule.

Chad Pennington has been an average QB since 2002. The problem is not that some people must criticize the QB no matter what. That's BS. The problem is that the QB just isn't very good.

I don't have a problem with people complaining about Chad being average and not very good. The issue in my opinion is that there are several positions that are considerably below average.

:confused:

There is no doubt in my mind that if the Jets ever won a Super Bowl you would be able to come here 5 minutes after the game and you will find someone complaining.

It is just the nature of the beast. We are never happy. We NEED something to whine about.

I can see it now

JN POSTER 5 minutes after the Jets have won the Super Bowl.

"The Jets just won the Super Bowl and I cannot believe that we did it with a QB who went 21-24 for 223 yds and 2TD's and no picks. We need to replace him. He has no escapability when the pocket is collapsing around him. ALl he does is hand the ball off, I want a QB that can do that and MORE.... Throw the ball 80yds on a rope. Be able to deftly toss it over LB's etc,etc,etc.

He stinks

He wasn't perfect

He didn't throw for 350yds

While we are at it I think we should trade Shaun Ellis as well."

Oh wait one more thing

HERM SUCKS !!!!"

Jet fans have to have a scapegoat. Last year it was Herman Edwards, the year before that if was Paul Hackett and this year its Chad Pennington. Who will it be next year? I'm betting on Eric Mangini if he fails to equal the records of Bill Parcells and Herman Edwards, both of whom, in their second years as HC of the NYJ's, coached their teams to the only AFC East championships since the merger.

when was the last time the jets had a truly great QB? Maybe when we get one we will stop complaining. Or maybe we will stop when we get one who can make a throw downfield?

Too late. Tannenbaum and Mangini passed on Matt Leinart in favor of D'Brickasha (11 sacks given up and mediocre run blocker) Ferguson.

I think you might be getting confused with Patsy/Fish trolls who bash and hate and pick apart Chad unfairly. Jets fans for the most part LIKE Chad, but most don't think he's a superstar that will get us a Superbowl win.

Chad does NOT have arm strength... never did. He always WAS accurate, smart, and a team leader. I fear that after these surgeries he no longer has accaracy either. That's when it became more of an issue for me.

Jet fans have to have a scapegoat. Last year it was Herman Edwards, the year before that if was Paul Hackett and this year its Chad Pennington. Who will it be next year? I'm betting on Eric Mangini if he fails to equal the records of Bill Parcells and Herman Edwards, both of whom, in their second years as HC of the NYJ's, coached their teams to the only AFC East championships since the merger.

we went 10-6,we need a scapegoat?

what kills me is that when we "stole" him,as the best QB in the draft at #16,everybody loved it.and it said right there in all the scouting reports:"doesn't have the strongest arm,but................"

I'm sure if you go back to his pop warner scouting report,it says,:"not exactly a cannon for an arm,but............"

Well,he's exceled on all the "but"'s,accuracy,finds the open guy,smart,finds a way to win..to the tune of the best winning % of any Jets QB,2nd ALLTIME in comp%,runs one of the most complex O's in the game,why the fins were drolling over shotty.

all this,after 2 shoulder surgeries,oh by the way,and all we care about is the arm strength,THAT WE KNEW ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well,KC's report looks a little more complete,except his throwing motion,oh sh_t!

Could be the Ming Dynasty. Those guys kicked ass, even though it was in 1300 A.D. something or other.

someone give me the proper dates on the ming dynasty. that can't be right. hmm...that wasn't very football related. so, I love Chad.

I don't have a problem with people complaining about Chad being average and not very good. The issue in my opinion is that there are several positions that are considerably below average.

Yes, but QB is the most important position on the team. If you are average to below average there, you had better be well above average everywhere else if you want to win a championship.

Yes, but QB is the most important position on the team. If you are average to below average there, you had better be well above average everywhere else if you want to win a championship.

I'm not complaining about you looking to upgrade. It's the whole he's the worst qb in the history of organized sports v. he's better than Brady thing that bothers me. I look to upgrade at every position every year. You make the moves that are cost effective and won't mortgage the future to upgrade until you know you are right on the edge. If that leaves you with an awesome defense and Chad ala the Grossman Bears so be it. If it leaves you with the worst run D with Peyton Manning, Harrison and Reggie Wayne that's OK too. It's all about getting there, not how you get there. There are a million ways to win in this league.

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to all you guys...I've been working and all that fun stuff....anyway, to the person that said Chad's arm strength, decision making, ability to read defenses, etc., are questionable, you need to take a closer look at your QB....nobody should ever question Penny's knowledge of the game, and you would be somewhat irrational if you questioned his decision making.

Anyway, I wasn't referring to Chad alone......I could mention a dozen starters or more from other teams in the league and unless their last name belonged to a large family with a maid named Alice, people would be coming up with reasons we shouldn't get that guy. Everybody is all up on Brady's nuts b/c he has won three superbowls.....yeah, he has won them with EXCELLENT defenses and clutch kicker that, technically has won all three of them for him.....

Now I'm not going to sit here and say Brady isn't a good QB...he is a great QB...but if you take some of the other talents in the league and put them on that team with that coach, they may just have as much bling as Brady. In my opinion, if we were to beef up the D and give Chad a running game to work with, he could take us deeper into the playoffs and maybe even bring the trophy back to the Meadowlands (yep, I said it........have at me.)

The Ming dynasty? You're kidding right. Easily one of the most over rated dynasties if you take a close look at their schedule.

LOL POTW NOM

They did benefit from an easy schedule initially since they were coming off the bubonic plague before their season started.

But they had strong competition from the division rival Mongols, who were a/k/a the Mongols of the Midway, and were the first team to incorporate gang colors into their uniforms.

btw Phile had it right, Ming started in 1368.

LOL

They did benefit from an easy schedule initially since they were coming off the bubonic plague before their season started.

But they had strong competition from the division rival Mongols, who were a/k/a the Mongols of the Midway, and were the first team to incorporate gang colors into their uniforms.

btw Phile had it right, Ming started in 1368.

HAH, WEEEEEE! Well, that just floated my inner saucy. :)

I agree.

What the hell kind of fraud dynasty only last 300 years.

Geez, they were led by a weak armed, peasant Hongwu Emperor.

When they ran into any real competition they were routed by the Quing Dynasty.

Total Frauds

I did a little research, and I think some of you are seriously underestimating how difficult it was to beat the Mongols, especially when you take into account that the previous GM of China left the franchise weakened from failing to control the bubonic.

I agree that once Ming got to the top, they assured their three hundredpeat by playing a soft home schedule, but beating the Mongols of Midway was a formidable achievement.

To review:

Mongol Head Coach Gansukh Mangininia

gengis3uj.gif

All-Far EAST Strong safety Ghengis Rhodes

Mar00-62-80-150.jpg

The LBs, featuring Mongocan Bupkis

10.jpg

HOF RB Temujin Dickerson

mongolarcher.jpg

They even had cheerleaders.

mongolain_amazon.jpg

Archived