The 2nd Annual JetNation Awards

TaborJet

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**JetNation awards official ballot***

(I’m not voting for any mods here even when deserving)

Most Underrated Poster – Gainzo

Most Knowledgeable Poster – Scott Dierking

Most Annoying Poster – BoomBoomFoley

Funniest Poster – Marko Cavka (a.k.a.…)

Best Overall Non-Jets Fan Poster – Gainzo

Best Overall Poster on JetNation – SoFlaJets. Always trying to stir up conversation with good threads. Really helps me out with the articles during the season. Other than that, he’s a tool.

Post of the Year – Scott Dierking's done a lot of Hermspeak posts. I think this is my favorite:

You see, the reason they call it a “Challenge Flag” is that it is a “Challenge” when you throw it. You have to know when to throw it, or when not to throw it. It is a challenge. It tests you mentally. My dad once told me, if you are not up for a challenge, then there is no fight in the dog. Now dogs, on average, they are not very smart animals. That is why you don’t see a lot of dogs coaching teams. I once had a dog. He used to con me out of my dinner every night. Now that, that was one smart dog. But I fooled him. I had Lia make 2 dinners for me. What’s Brien doing out there?

Any and all of Jetcane’s camp reports should get equal consideration.

Biggest Homer – ecurb. Take a bow, buddy.

Best Avatar/Signature – Panzer. Always Panzer.

Most Improved Poster – 124

Best New Poster – Bill Parcells and #27Dominator

Thread of the Year – The Sports Illustrated thread: http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22013

JetNation Moment – meeting a bunch of the boys at the NJ practice

Moderator of the Year – Must give it up to Max. He’s always working (read: scheming) on ways to make the site better. Things the non-mods just don’t know about.

Lounge Lizard – SouthernJet. He of the “official JetNation xxx” posts.

Chat Room Ruler – Andrew Gross. Gave us the best live chats we’ve ever had. Answers every question & not with quick 1-liner answers. Just a great guy.

International Poster – #27 Dominator

And 124, the post you were looking for (the week KC blew a 2-TD, 4th-quarter lead) is:

Hello?!? The Browns are obviously one of the top 32 teams in the whole world. They got a letter from the commissioner saying they play on Sundays. Not every football team across the country gets the letter. But obviously they got the letter. And we got the letter. Obviously, we both got letters that not everyone got. And I’m obviously proud of that. I tell my players that and they appreciate it. It makes them feel like men. I treat my players like men. Because that’s what they are, obviously. They are men. They aren’t little boys or women or bicycles or pool cleaner or mesquite barbecue sauce. I obviously know that. And I tell them that I know that. And they appreciate that I know that and tell them that I know that. It could flustrate them to tell them otherwise or to not tell them at all. I know that. I know. Men obviously don’t like to be flustrated. It flustrates them. And then obviously they won’t want any kool-aid. And I want them to drink that kool-aid. They should drink it. They have earned it as men. They’ve earned it because they’ve swept the corners. Like Lia and I always tell our son. Don’t forget to sweep the corners. If I go in there I’m checking the corners so I know they’re swept. But he’s not a player. The players are players. And they’re also men. And I don’t need to treat them like that. They’ve already swept their corners. And that’s why they’re here. Obviously.

Thanks for the shout out JC but I live in Brooklyn. 27D and Airforce get my vote on that one.

Really? My bad, I must be confused.

Did you take a vacation in Italy or something?

Were you rooting for Italia in the WC?

Where were you the night of the 24th?

Did you know that woman?

Do you have an alibi?

:P

Really? My bad, I must be confused.

Did you take a vacation in Italy or something?

Were you rooting for Italia in the WC?

Where were you the night of the 24th?

Did you know that woman?

Do you have an alibi?

:P

JC is right I can see why there is confusion after the updates during the games when you were in an Italian hotel room with no TV eating pasta fasul with a hot Italian brunette doing your toenails

Well since I'm on NO one list you all can Kiss My Grits :)

You should be getting votes for best new poster. The thing is you signed up like 10 minutes after the last voting ended.

Much like the Oscar's nobody remembers what happened last year! :P

Why people are voting ecurb in as Biggest Homer when he has it big red bold letters to vote for him in his signature is beyond me.:character42:

Anyways, thanks for the votes guys.

bz will always be my homer, he really beleives it and its refreshing to have some sunshine guys to keep us honest

Apologies to anyone I missed. I am a old man with the resultant memory problems.

Johnny is now just realizing his new mansion in the burbs will have to have a 'old fart' suite for me and his Mom.

I dont ask for much. Golf cart to get from bedroom to kitchen, heated crapper seats, minimum 50" HD and a drip cup.

Most Underrated Poster – JetHeelz

Most Knowledgeable Poster – GreenBeans, Scott Dierking

Most Annoying Poster – NYJUNC, responds sentence by sentence, its like water torture, and very anal to boot

Funniest Poster – JohnnyGreenBalls

Best Overall Non-Jets Fan Poster – Gainzo, Phiskh

Best Overall Poster on JetNation – SpermEdwards, Joewilly, Soflajets, jetcane, moses, barton

Post of the Year –

Biggest Homer – BZ. He predicted 10-6 when its wasnt fashionable., GreenGal, always smiling.

Best Avatar/Signature – Sperm

Most Improved Poster – Afosomf (ASSMOP), 124

Best New Poster – mangenious420

Thread of the Year – tick, tick, tick and its multiple tick, tick, tick copycat backlash threads

JetNation Moment – Days following making playoffs

Moderator of the Year – Tie, they are all decent chaps except max is way too political for my taste

Lounge Lizard – Garb, Jetfanbymarriage

Chat Room Ruler – ALK and Verde

International Poster – Sadaambleedsgreen244 and the scottish guy

That it has, and some of us got quite a bit of grief for speaking out about how he was ruining an otherwise good board. Turns out we just had a shorter fuse about it, but we were right.

while I agree this board is by no means worse off without tx, and his last 30 days or so became unbearable, I wouldn't exactly say you were right at the time. just my opinion. much respect to you fla boys but even in hindsight the spat was a little over the top at the time

Most Underrated Poster –

Bugg, Greenbeans (overworked, underappreciated, but at least you're paid well, right? right?!?)

Most Knowledgeable Poster –

Sperm

Most Annoying Poster –

oktaren (lot of competition for this one, even considered a self-vote but the nod has to go to the guy that made me rethink my policy of never using the ignore feature). plus you can't hate boomboom, it'd be like hating a slow pitch softball right over the middle of the plate.

Funniest Poster –

Joewilly. you stole my "thunder" on the raisin bit. tyrone said "whats up"

verde-- i like a woman who knows how to dish it out.

Best Overall Non-Jets Fan Poster –

Garb

Best Overall Poster on JetNation –

Muh daddy.

Post of the Year –

Biggest Homer –

BZ, always. his explanation of how he can predict a record of 10-6 but still predict the Jets to win every week is classic. you've grown on me, i love ya!

Best Avatar/Signature –

Sperm.

Most Improved Poster –

assmop--slightly less sucky than before ;)

Best New Poster –

MSGold

Thread of the Year –

soothnation

JetNation Moment –

that fight with the guy who wanted to change the graphics for the site after Max said "no" so he posted his new graphics to appeal to the masses.

Moderator of the Year –

Max gave me infraction. He no like Marko handjob. GOB win. He appreciate Marko dexterity.

(No, I'm not Marko, only a (very) poor impersonation of "him")

Lounge Lizard –

JFBM, GG

Chat Room Ruler –

ALK

International Poster –

i hate all foreigners (except the ones that sung "Cold As Ice").

while I agree this board is by no means worse off without tx, and his last 30 days or so became unbearable, I wouldn't exactly say you were right at the time. just my opinion. much respect to you fla boys but even in hindsight the spat was a little over the top at the time

I dont think his last 30 days here were much worse than the preceding six months. It's too bad some good posters left here because they didnt want to read his b.s. I think the losing of Jet fan posters pissed people off a lot.

Most Underrated Poster – AirForceJetFan. Doesn't post a ton, but solid stuff in both the football and baseball forums.

Most Knowledgeable Poster – Bitonti. There are other good ones, too.

Most Annoying Poster – Most of them have been banned, including their Texas king. of those left, I'll say BoomBoomMancini. Oktaren is gaining on him.

Funniest Poster – Max. He doesn't get enough credit for that. Shoutouts to JoeWilly and Greenbeans, too.

Best Overall Non-Jets Fan Poster – Alk. Followed closely by Gainzo.

Best Overall Poster on JetNation – I can't pick this one. Too many good choices.

Post of the Year – One of mine, I'm sure. ;)

Biggest Homer – BZ, forever and ever.

Best Avatar/Signature – Panzer Division Marduk. His stuff is great, No one else is close.

Most Improved Poster – 124.

Best New Poster – Not sure who's new this year that wasn 't a pain in the ass. I reserve the right to come back to this one.

Thread of the Year – The one that led to TX's departure.

JetNation Moment – The invasion of footballpalace.com after they spammed us. We hit them with some of the best comedy we've produced in the two years this place has existed. Of course, they banned us...

Moderator of the Year – GOB, bitches.

Lounge Lizard – My buddy, Greengal.

Chat Room Ruler – Alk. Pssst....

International Poster – Marduk.

So why was he banned? Maybe Max should have just put him on ignore, too.

max has the authority to enforce the rules, you don't. you're the one that ran from the site instead of using the ignore button. if it was to protest TX's continued presence that's one thing but if it was to protect your virgin ears, that dog don't hunt. we're all on the same team here, it's good to have you guys back. just wish it didn't come to you guys leaving. that's all. :cheers:

max has the authority to enforce the rules, you don't. you're the one that ran from the site instead of using the ignore button. if it was to protest TX's continued presence that's one thing but if it was to protect your virgin ears, that dog don't hunt. we're all on the same team here, it's good to have you guys back. just wish it didn't come to you guys leaving. that's all. :cheers:

I never stopped posting here. You may have me confused with one of the posters who really does live in Florida.

I had him on and off ignore for most of the season, but I stopped complaining about his B.S. midway through the season. Ignore worked fine for me at that point. I just laughed when he finally got banned, since I think SFJ and I dropped the subject months earlier.

That's what I am saying- it took some others longer to get fed up with his crap, but some of us just had less patience for it than Max did. Apparently, his patience was tried as well and that's all she wrote.

I dont think his last 30 days here were much worse than the preceding six months. It's too bad some good posters left here because they didnt want to read his b.s. I think the losing of Jet fan posters pissed people off a lot.

you may well be right cane. I didn't realize we lost posters other than senior who has been back since if I remember.

I do agree that he became annoying with his shtick & I have to agree that this site is now better off without him, I don't care what so fla jets says.

long live alk & garb though.

Oh man, I forgot about that. That guy was simply PATHETIC about that isht. What was his name again?

And a shout out to Beans, who really is a funny dude. His POTW commentary is hilarious. Whoever mentioned that was right on.

the thread:

http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23500&page=3&highlight=logo

and the smackdown:

http://jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=316087&postcount=28

I can't think of a single good poster that left because of TX. All of the good posters had balls and stuck around.

I can't think of a single good poster that left because of TX. All of the good posters had balls and stuck around.

Didnt JFF and Senior stop posting here? I think they are fine posters. There may have been a couple of others, too. The guy from TGG- T-Bird. He is a very good poster.

Didnt JFF and Senior stop posting here? I think they are fine posters. There may have been a couple of others, too. The guy from TGG- T-Bird. He is a very good poster.

I have no comment on the grounds that I may face the same fate as TX.

Archived