Pacman possibly involved in another shooting

Matt39

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metr...kshooting.html

Troubled NFL star Adam "Pacman" Jones may be involved in a shooting early Monday at a DeKalb County strip club, WSB-TV reported.

Dekalb police said two groups of men got into an argument around 2:30 a.m. at Club Blaze, a Moreland Avenue strip club, WSB said.

AP

Adam 'Pacman' Jones

Three men say they left the club in an SUV and were approached by Jones and his entourage in another SUV. When Jones' vehicle pulled alongside the other vehicle near I-285, someone opened fire.

No one was hit by bullets, but one person was scratched by flying plastic, WSB reported.

Investigators want to question Jones, a College Park native, about the incident. No charges have been filed.

Last week, Jones, a star defensive back with the Tennessee Titans, accepted a one-year suspension from the NFL after a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

"I understand my responsibilities to my teammates, the Titans and my fans and I am committed to turning my life around and being a positive member of the NFL," Jones said in a statement at the time.

Jones was suspended after 10 encounters with police and five arrests since he was drafted in 2005.

Still pending is a case in Las Vegas involving a fight and shooting at a strip club during the NBA All-Star weekend that left one person paralyzed.

Only thing surprising about this at all is that it was so fast. I thought it would be a month or so.

The NFL is offering fame & fortune and a lifetime of security; plus a generous retirement package.

Pac-Man's "friends" are offering a loser existence, jail, and death.

He has chosen the latter, and chosen poorly.

Devil's advocate (turd advocate) for a moment:

What if the guy can't go out anywhere without thugs following him around and tryin to hunt him down?

Then he should stay home and play Wii Tennis. It's pretty cool.

This is just becoming rediculous due to the ineffectivness of the penal system set in place for the players. They think they can repeat anything over and over again and recieve no type of serious penalty. The league needs to step up now because it is settng a bad rep for a league we know and love

The reports say he was out somewhere and a fight started over a girl, which lead to gunshots... but he was reported to have already left when this happened...

Maybe the guy went out... and when people started acting stupid he decided to do the right thing for once and go home rather than join in...

i guess it comes down to some guys being able to stay out of trouble, some guys just can't

i'd still let him play in the NFL, just make sure he's in jail 6 days a week.

7 days a week would be fine with me. and keep him away from the rest of the humans.

The reports say he was out somewhere and a fight started over a girl, which lead to gunshots... but he was reported to have already left when this happened...

Maybe the guy went out... and when people started acting stupid he decided to do the right thing for once and go home rather than join in...

Jones wasn't present when the incident occurred, FWIW.

How many times have either of you been to a place where gunfire breaks out? How many times have you ever seen a fight in a bar that went beyond a couple drunks throwing some fists over a girl? Hell, I have never even seen a gun outside of places that guns should be (IE hunting or a gun range or locked away in a house.

the bottom line is trouble doesn't come looking this hard for nice innocent people. Roger Goodell asked Pacman when the last time he went to a stip club after the first incident to see what he would say. He already knew that Pacman was at one the night before. The guy is an NFL football player, he could get asd much tail as he wants. Why the hell does he continually need to go to strip clubs? Shady strip clubs at that. Put it this way, if I'm at a strip club and see Pacman and his entourage walk in, I'm leaving!

How many times have either of you been to a place where gunfire breaks out? How many times have you ever seen a fight in a bar that went beyond a couple drunks throwing some fists over a girl? Hell, I have never even seen a gun outside of places that guns should be (IE hunting or a gun range or locked away in a house.

the bottom line is trouble doesn't come looking this hard for nice innocent people. Roger Goodell asked Pacman when the last time he went to a stip club after the first incident to see what he would say. He already knew that Pacman was at one the night before. The guy is an NFL football player, he could get asd much tail as he wants. Why the hell does he continually need to go to strip clubs? Shady strip clubs at that. Put it this way, if I'm at a strip club and see Pacman and his entourage walk in, I'm leaving!

The point is he supposedly left before any of this happened... which would be what the commish wanted out of him... maybe the commish would like him to never leave his house... but being serious here... Pacman was at a club... something thousands of people do every weekend form all walks of life... and made sure to leave before anything got out of hand.... 6 months ago he might have been the one pulling the trigger...

Devil's advocate (turd advocate) for a moment:

What if the guy can't go out anywhere without thugs following him around and tryin to hunt him down?

Hunting him down? HAHA! Well, i guess it would be easy to track him down, just chill at the tittie bar and wait for him to show up.

This is just becoming rediculous due to the ineffectivness of the penal system set in place for the players. They think they can repeat anything over and over again and recieve no type of serious penalty. The league needs to step up now because it is settng a bad rep for a league we know and love

Paris Hilton got 45 days jail for driving with a suspended license twice, what will pacman get for being "involved" in multiple shootings? Just sayin......

Jones wasn't present when the incident occurred, FWIW.

Umm, i think if you need to ask your posse if anyone is strapped before you go out for the night, then maybe you are a dumbass for the company you are keeping. Sorry, you are DEFINITELY judged by the company you keep.

BTW, if i am a multi millionaire athlete, and my future is getting messed with because i have done or been involved in some stupid or illegal stuff, i would not be up in the strip club with my boys with guns and stuff. If i wanted some nasty chicks i would just have my boys make some calls and produce them at my house. Hmmm, that gets me thinking, if any of the Jets are reading this, shoot me a pm or email and I will hook you up ;), we don't need you guys in the papers for this crap. And I am discreet, go ask some yankees hof'ers, lol.

At this point he is suspended for the season, after which he will be reinstated. However I must believe that the commissioner will be looking at how he conducts himself during his suspension period. I am sorry, technically his suspension has not started yet...

At what point do the Titans say enough is enough and make the efforts to recoup the bonus money.

The point is he supposedly left before any of this happened... which would be what the commish wanted out of him... maybe the commish would like him to never leave his house... but being serious here... Pacman was at a club... something thousands of people do every weekend form all walks of life... and made sure to leave before anything got out of hand.... 6 months ago he might have been the one pulling the trigger...

No. He shouldn't be going to strip clubs, period. Like I said, I go out pretty often yet I never seem to have any problems like this. Furthermore, if I am in a position where I make millions and have F'ed it up a bit, I would certainly make the most of my last chance by not frequenting places that might get me in trouble. How could you possibly make an excuse for this guy?

clubs and strip clubs are for people who haven't already been read the riot act concerning their jobs. if he's not smart enough to sit home and watch sitcoms for awhile then he deserves whatever happens. he has the stupid thugturd clubbin' mentality and he just can't help himself. he lost the benefit of the doubt in everyone's eyes and at this point, he's responsible even for unintended consequences of going out and carousing.

Umm, i think if you need to ask your posse if anyone is strapped before you go out for the night, then maybe you are a dumbass for the company you are keeping. Sorry, you are DEFINITELY judged by the company you keep.

BTW, if i am a multi millionaire athlete, and my future is getting messed with because i have done or been involved in some stupid or illegal stuff, i would not be up in the strip club with my boys with guns and stuff. If i wanted some nasty chicks i would just have my boys make some calls and produce them at my house. Hmmm, that gets me thinking, if any of the Jets are reading this, shoot me a pm or email and I will hook you up ;), we don't need you guys in the papers for this crap. And I am discreet, go ask some yankees hof'ers, lol.

Nasty Chicks? No you didn't!

If a JETS player happened to be at a club where there was a shooting later that night, would you want them banned from the NFL?

if he was under a year suspension, was told by commisioner to stay away from bad people/situations and if he 'promised' in a letter to his fans he would become a better role model from here on out,,then YES

Imagine the ulcer his publicist/agent must have these days???

If you were his agent, you would have to consider dropping him. It would show other players he isn't representing bums. I'm not sure who his agent is, but if I were Peyton Manning I wouldn't want my agent messing around with this thug.

Then again, i've never heard of an agent dropping a player, so maybe they just don't care.

if he was under a year suspension, was told by commisioner to stay away from bad people/situations and if he 'promised' in a letter to his fans he would become a better role model from here on out,,then YES

The point is that he did stay away from it... he went out with his friends... his friends started acting like idiots, and he got the hell away from them... what more do you want? He isnt going to go from thug to saint in weeks... he is on the right path... just walking real slow..

Sorry, but Jones lost the benefit of the doubt and the sympathy of the public a long time ago. Your defending the man because you claim that he chose to leave a strip club (there is a difference between a strip club and a regular club btw) before his friends went and shot up some car, yet you neglect to criticize the fact that despite the fact that he has had over 10 encounters with police and 5 arrests, that he STILL hangs out with people who own guns and aren't afraid to shoot at other people. Just the fact that he is still associating with these types of people shows me that he doesn't care whether he wants to improve his life or his image in the NFL. How many chances can you possibly give the guy? If this were any other person he would have been in prison already. If it takes 5 arrests and 10 visits by the cops to convince you that you need to turn your life around. Then it's probably not going to work.

There is a man in Las Vegas who is never goin to walk again largely because of Pacman and his "friends". You think he wants Pacman to get the benefit of the doubt? Do you think this guy honestly think's Pacmans trying to improve his life? F*** that noise. Just because the man can run a 4.5 and catch a football, doesn't mean that he should continue to get free passes and we should all "hope" that one day he turns his life around. The man can rot in prison for all I care. One less delinquint out in society.

I give up I cant defend him anymore...

I just like to take the other side to make interesting conversation but I think this idiot is out of his ****ing mind....

Its obvious to me at least that he told his buddies to let him leave first so he didnt get in trouble... what a ****ing moron

Archived