Official Sox/Yankees thread(Merged 2X)

Gainzo

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job last night. (Minus Farsnworthless) of course.

Yanks get back in the race for the East with a win today.

Wang vs Schilling

It will be interesting to see how Torre sets his lineup today. Usually Posada would sit but I think he needs to be in the lineup.

Joe can give the guys he usually likes to give rest to this weekend against Tampa Bay this weekend. So I want to see Posada catching, Phillips at first (Sorry JonE but I want the glove out there with Wang pitching), Jeter at SS eventhough he may be banged up either Mo or Jaba closing today.

I do NOT want to Farnsworth. The only time we should see Farnsworth is in a game like this past Sunday against the Tigers when the game is totally out of reach.

Great job last night. (Minus Farsnworthless) of course.

Yanks get back in the race for the East with a win today.

Wang vs Schilling

It will be interesting to see how Torre sets his lineup today. Usually Posada would sit but I think he needs to be in the lineup.

Joe can give the guys he usually likes to give rest to this weekend against Tampa Bay this weekend. So I want to see Posada catching, Phillips at first (Sorry JonE but I want the glove out there with Wang pitching), Jeter at SS eventhough he may be banged up either Mo or Jaba closing today.

I do NOT want to Farnsworth. The only time we should see Farnsworth is in a game like this past Sunday against the Tigers when the game is totally out of reach.

I do not know if they are back in the race, 5 games is still alot of ground to make up in 29 games. However, they are going to make it interesting.

I do not know if they are back in the race, 5 games is still alot of ground to make up in 29 games. However, they are going to make it interesting.

Yeah I probably agree. That is why today is huge if they (Yankees) want to keep any hopes of winning the division on the table.

Yanks should be able to do some damage against Tampa Bay. Of course that will depend on how Hughes and Kennedy pitch, then a monster series with Seattle.

Seattle might be hitting wall right now. Swept by the Angels they now have to fly to Cleveland for a makeup game with the Indians and then fly to Texas to open a weekend series with the Rangers before coming to the Bronx to take on the Yankees.

You are going to find out alot about the Mariners in the next 5-10 days.

Funny how we no longer here that nonsense about ARod.

Please explain to me how that talk was "nonsense" when it was true. People ripped A-Rod for not hitting in big spots. Not because he was hitting in big spots and people just felt like ripping him, but because it was true. Now that there's some money on the table he's started hitting when it matters so of course nobody is still saying it. Why would anybody something that's completely untrue? This year A-Rod has been clutch. In the years leading up to this one he was not. That's pretty much how I see it and I don't really see the "nonsense". JMO of course.

Please explain to me how that talk was "nonsense" when it was true. People ripped A-Rod for not hitting in big spots. Not because he was hitting in big spots and people just felt like ripping him, but because it was true. Now that there's some money on the table he's started hitting when it matters so of course nobody is still saying it. Why would anybody something that's completely untrue? This year A-Rod has been clutch. In the years leading up to this one he was not. That's pretty much how I see it and I don't really see the "nonsense". JMO of course.

How anyone could disgree with this is byeond me.

All I got to say is this........Marlon Anderson got called for an out when A-Rod go away with the same thing. It is obvious. George is trying to buy a championship. ;)

Because ARod had always been good in clutch situations. Some just needed a goat for 2 poor post seasons and threw everything else out the window about one of the greatest players of all time because he went through a 40 AB post season drought.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pi/bsplit.cgi?n1=rodrial01

BTW---Go look up Willie Mays post season numbers.

Because ARod had always been good in clutch situations. Some just needed a goat for 2 poor post seasons and threw everything else out the window about one of the greatest players of all time because he went through a 40 AB post season drought.

Always? :confused:

A 25 million-a-year player does not need to be clutch against the D-Rays. He needs to be clutch in the post season.

Always? :confused:

A 25 million-a-year player does not need to be clutch against the D-Rays. He needs to be clutch in the post season.

Agree and he has hit over .300 in 4 of 7 post season series and has good clutch regular season career numbers per the link I provided.

For all the abuse he took for the past two post seasons he still is a .280 hitter for his career in the play-offs which is better than many superstars including Manny. He'll be fine.

It wasn't just the post season GS...he was terrible throughout the regular season as well. Even when he won the MVP he only hit TWO homers in close and late situations. He was bad in the clutch. Even as a die hard Yankee fan I'm not gonna try to spin it.

Two sparkling defensive plays for Giambi in two days. Who woulda thought?

Ya beat me to it. I think that's two more than he's had in his Yankee career. Maybe the few lbs he lost helped him out a bit.

When the hell was the last time you saw that? I little second baseman going yard to the opposite field/deepest part of the park in Yankee Stadium. I honestly don't recall ever seeing that before. Jesus.

Okay, now I've seen it twice

Archived