Interesting

Gainzo

http://coloyan.com/society/s091607

The NFL was quick to come down hard on the Patriots for illegally video taping their opponents but are other teams just as guilty, including the New York Jets? Some Patriots' fans over at Patsfans.com have found some interesting evidence in the form of the vidcaps below which show people on the New York Jets sidelines who have video cameras but no media credentials (vest).

The man in this picture is of particular interest to several Patriots' fans as he is not Belichick's video cameraman and he is not taking official footage of the game because he does not have a media vest. This man in a Jets polo and shorts is seen repeatedly taking footage while the Patriots and other teams are on defense.

So who is this mystery man and why does no one in the media want to touch this with a 10 foot pole? Could it be that the Patriots are not the only ones guilty of illegal video taping but the media would rather just drag the Patriots through the mud than reveal that this occurs league wide?

Several Patriots' fans have contacted the media asking them to look into this and identify this man. It has been confirmed that this is NOT the Patriots' video guy Matt Estrella which is evidenced by the fact that he is at several Jets' games against other teams. Unfortunately no one seems very interested. Could it once again be a case of the media being too lazy to look for the real story and instead just taking the easy way out by piling on a popular target like the Patriots?

videojets1.jpg

videojets2.jpg

videojets3.jpg

videojets4.jpg

videojets5.jpg

videojets6.jpg

videojets7.jpg

videojets8.jpg

videojets9.jpg

videojets10.jpg

Not the old "we're the victims in all of this" game. Please Gainzo I've honestly learned to respect you as a poster. Don't resort to this. In addition I thought the NE fans wanted this to go away? You're the guys keeping it at the top of the media hype list.

Not the old "we're the victims in all of this" game. Please Gainzo I've honestly learned to respect you as a poster. Don't resort to this. In addition I thought the NE fans wanted this to go away? You're the guys keeping it at the top of the media hype list.

I posted this because I thought it was funny. There is some bloke with a video camera running around the Jets sidelines not wearing an approved NFL vest. All he has is some kind of "credential" hanging on his left leg.

http://coloyan.com/society/s091607

The NFL was quick to come down hard on the Patriots for illegally video taping their opponents but are other teams just as guilty, including the New York Jets? Some Patriots' fans over at Patsfans.com have found some interesting evidence in the form of the vidcaps below which show people on the New York Jets sidelines who have video cameras but no media credentials (vest).

The man in this picture is of particular interest to several Patriots' fans as he is not Belichick's video cameraman and he is not taking official footage of the game because he does not have a media vest. This man in a Jets polo and shorts is seen repeatedly taking footage while the Patriots and other teams are on defense.

So who is this mystery man and why does no one in the media want to touch this with a 10 foot pole? Could it be that the Patriots are not the only ones guilty of illegal video taping but the media would rather just drag the Patriots through the mud than reveal that this occurs league wide?

Several Patriots' fans have contacted the media asking them to look into this and identify this man. It has been confirmed that this is NOT the Patriots' video guy Matt Estrella which is evidenced by the fact that he is at several Jets' games against other teams. Unfortunately no one seems very interested. Could it once again be a case of the media being too lazy to look for the real story and instead just taking the easy way out by piling on a popular target like the Patriots?

videojets1.jpg

videojets2.jpg

videojets3.jpg

videojets4.jpg

videojets5.jpg

videojets6.jpg

videojets7.jpg

videojets8.jpg

videojets9.jpg

videojets10.jpg

Hmm, so has Kraft enlisted the fans to investigate other teams cheating? Lol, this is pathetic. A few rubes on a messageboard think digging up a few vidcaps and starting an internet rumor is going to actually do anything to measure up to what the patriots organization was doing? Gimme a break, Gainzo you should know better then to be a part of this.

Hmm, so has Kraft enlisted the fans to investigate other teams cheating? Lol, this is pathetic. A few rubes on a messageboard think digging up a few vidcaps and starting an internet rumor is going to actually do anything to measure up to what the patriots organization was doing? Gimme a break, Gainzo you should know better then to be a part of this.

I'm just trying to have some fun for ****sake!

You can say its bull****, but at the same time, Who is he? And honestly, is it out of the realm of possiblity that the Jets and other teams do this? No, its not, esp because Mangini was BB apprentice, and learned to coach from BB. To totally dismiss this possibility just because you think "its Paties fans trying to be victims" is arrogant and blind. If my team got caught cheating like the Pats did, I would feel ashamed and mad at my team, but if I found proof that other teams (esp the team that busted us for it) was doing it too, I would be pissed as hell that the media was spending all this time smearing us instead of looking into how far it really goes in the NFL....

You can say its bull****, but at the same time, Who is he? And honestly, is it out of the realm of possiblity that the Jets and other teams do this? No, its not, esp because Mangini was BB apprentice, and learned to coach from BB. To totally dismiss this possibility just because you think "its Paties fans trying to be victims" is arrogant and blind. If my team got caught cheating like the Pats did, I would feel ashamed and mad at my team, but if I found proof that other teams (esp the team that busted us for it) was doing it too, I would be pissed as hell that the media was spending all this time smearing us instead of looking into how far it really goes in the NFL....

When I started this thread I thought everyone would have a laugh. I was wrong.

I have no idea who that bloke is with the camera.

Lets sit back and relax. The Jets will win on Sunday and so will the Pats.

I posted this because I thought it was funny. There is some bloke with a video camera running around the Jets sidelines not wearing an approved NFL vest. All he has is some kind of "credential" hanging on his left leg.

Don't you think the NFL would of caught this ?

Exactly.

Belichick was guilty and punished.

When Jimmie Johnson is saying as an NFL assistant he was 'coached' on how to do the signal stealing (record signals and then record time, down and distance), I am more upset with the self righteous behavior coming from the media, fans and teams.

This shifted from the Patriots being guilty to let's take shots at Belichick on the Wednesday after they were busted.

Exactly.

When Jimmie Johnson is saying as an NFL assistant he was 'coached' on how to do the signal stealing (record signals and then record time, down and distance), I am more upset with the self righteous behavior coming from the media, fans and teams.

This shifted from the Patriots being guilty to let's take shots at Belichick on the Wednesday after they were busted.

someone should have called them out on their mistakes too, too bad they didn't. punish them all.

When I started this thread I thought everyone would have a laugh. I was wrong.

I have no idea who that bloke is with the camera.

Lets sit back and relax. The Jets will win on Sunday and so will the Pats.

nice try though gainz, I think. we're 0-2 our senses of humor just ain't what it was at 0-0

ecurbs got us at 14-2 so try throwing it up agin when we're like 11-2. I'll bet it will garnish much more laughter then :deshade:

Honestly, I'm sure the NFL could find 31 other teams guilty of something if they really looked hard and inconspicuous. I'm not sure about the video taping, but QB head movement, defensive cadences, putting in hurt players that aren't cleared to play, illegal drugs, etc...

I don't know the whole story, and I'm not sure I want to. I'm afraid there is an unwritten rule, and considering the competitiveness, most coaches will do Anything to win. Including Mangini, by throwing BB in. Other coaches are probably afraid that they'll be next. But who knows, most of us are on the outside looking in.

Well the Pats have a damn good team, and have a Very good chance to redeem themselves as being honest competitors, so out of good sportsmanship, good luck to ya.

The Jets will win the AFC East sooner than later though. It is their destiny.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!!

Honestly, I'm sure the NFL could find 31 other teams guilty of something if they really looked hard and inconspicuous. I'm not sure about the video taping, but QB head movement, defensive cadences, putting in hurt players that aren't cleared to play, illegal drugs, etc...

I don't know the whole story, and I'm not sure I want to. I'm afraid there is an unwritten rule, and considering the competitiveness, most coaches will do Anything to win. Including Mangini, by throwing BB in. Other coaches are probably afraid that they'll be next. But who knows, most of us are on the outside looking in.

Well the Pats have a damn good team, and have a Very good chance to redeem themselves as being honest competitors, so out of good sportsmanship, good luck to ya.

The Jets will win the AFC East sooner than later though. It is their destiny.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!!

you sure don't know the whole story. the story reads as follows:

GIVE THE PATS & THEIR FANS A RASH OF $HIT EVERY CHANCE YA GET

The vest rule is new and is still being protested b NPPA.

"Whether working on behalf of a news/sports organization or as a freelancer, this new requirement is a violation of the most basic ethical standards in journalism," said a letter to the NFL signed by NPPA president Tony Overman, a photographer at The Olympian in Washington state. "In the spirit of mutual respect and cooperation I urge you to reconsider this ill-conceived policy."

They aren't protesting wearing the vests. They are protesting the logo's. They do not want to be walking billboards for the NFL without being compensated. The league charges the companies that advertise and the NPPA believes they deserve part of the action. Some of them might turn the vests inside out. Others are considering covering up the logos with duct tape.

In a post on SportsShooter.com, Harrington estimates that the space on the backs of the vests is worth $409 as an ad plus $4,000 as a portion of a TV broadcast. He admits the math is rough, and says the ad rate may be as much as $1,600 for an outdoor sign of that size reaching that many people.

And Harrington predicts the logos will grow as the vests become standard. "What you're starting to see is trial balloons."

I don't notice the camera people. Now that we have this controversy, I'll be noticing them all the time. lol!

Exactly.

Recognizing signals with the naked eye is one thing. Relying on one's memory to describe them is yet another. Videotaping them is another. If it were the other way around, would you be complaining about "self righteous" behavior? I doubt it.

Also, you must remember, Jets Fans will forever be miffed at the fact that Bellichick had an agreement with Kraft after Kraft bought the team that he would coach the Patriots and have full control over the operation. That is why after Parcells stepped down and he was made Head Coach of the Jets, he resigned one day later. He should have told Parcells about the offer he got from Kraft before the both left the Patriots.

He was a snake in the grass then and he's the same today.

The problem with this is that originally these were the pix of what was thought to

be the cameraman who did the spying.

I thought the actual cameraman was behind the Pats bench.

The pics are shot from a fan in the stands. These pics come from a Pats Fan, who is showing pictures taken by another Fan who put them on the Net. He probably copied them and posted the ones of interest to him and he marked the ones that he thinks will stir up people like you and me. lol!!hahahah!!!:cheers:

Recognizing signals with the naked eye is one thing. Relying on one's memory to describe them is yet another. Videotaping them is another. If it were the other way around, would you be complaining about "self righteous" behavior? I doubt it.

Also, you must remember, Jets Fans will forever be miffed at the fact that Bellichick had an agreement with Kraft after Kraft bought the team that he would coach the Patriots and have full control over the operation. That is why after Parcells stepped down and he was made Head Coach of the Jets, he resigned one day later. He should have told Parcells about the offer he got from Kraft before the both left the Patriots.

He was a snake in the grass then and he's the same today.

Is stealing signals acceptable?

Yes or No.

The answer cannot be, "yes, but how they did it is wrong." It is a rule, a law of the league. There cannot be any gray area when interpreting the law. If there is, then what the Patriots is to be expected.

What in the world are you talking about in the second paragraph?

If Kraft had an agreement with Belichick, why leave after Big bill left? It was Big Bell that had an agreement in place prior to the XXXI Superbowl. The NFL agreed and the Patriost were awarded draft picks for the Jets' actions.

Belichick took a million to stay with the Jets one more year. He fulfilled that obligation. Kraft sent the Jets a request to interview Belichick. That is what prompted Par$ells to retire which triggered the clause that Belichick become HC of the NYJ.

You are not even close.

"Whether working on behalf of a news/sports organization or as a freelancer, this new requirement is a violation of the most basic ethical standards in journalism," said a letter to the NFL signed by NPPA president Tony Overman, a photographer at The Olympian in Washington state. "In the spirit of mutual respect and cooperation I urge you to reconsider this ill-conceived policy."

They aren't protesting wearing the vests. They are protesting the logo's. They do not want to be walking billboards for the NFL without being compensated. The league charges the companies that advertise and the NPPA believes they deserve part of the action. Some of them might turn the vests inside out. Others are considering covering up the logos with duct tape.

In a post on SportsShooter.com, Harrington estimates that the space on the backs of the vests is worth $409 as an ad plus $4,000 as a portion of a TV broadcast. He admits the math is rough, and says the ad rate may be as much as $1,600 for an outdoor sign of that size reaching that many people.

And Harrington predicts the logos will grow as the vests become standard. "What you're starting to see is trial balloons."

I don't notice the camera people. Now that we have this controversy, I'll be noticing them all the time. lol!

Good post, good info!

Ethics in journalism?

All you need to know about that crap is a group wants money. They should make them parade around in Pink Tom Brady jerseys.

Is stealing signals acceptable?

Yes or No.

The answer cannot be, "yes, but how they did it is wrong." It is a rule, a law of the league. There cannot be any gray area when interpreting the law. If there is, then what the Patriots is to be expected.

What in the world are you talking about in the second paragraph?

If Kraft had an agreement with Belichick, why leave after Big bill left? It was Big Bell that had an agreement in place prior to the XXXI Superbowl. The NFL agreed and the Patriost were awarded draft picks for the Jets' actions.

Belichick took a million to stay with the Jets one more year. He fulfilled that obligation. Kraft sent the Jets a request to interview Belichick. That is what prompted Par$ells to retire which triggered the clause that Belichick become HC of the NYJ.

You are not even close.

Didn't his contract state he would be the head coach after Parcells was not the head coach any longer?

They faxed over the request to interview Belly. Then Parcells resigned. At that point Belly became the head coach of the Jets. That is what he signed.

The fact that you come on here to defend him is just amazing. He is a great coach. He has won you 3 SuperBowl and made your geocities site soar to heights you never imagined would be possible. \:D/

Really man -- I don't know why you guys defend him as if he has a soul. Or like he understands morality and things that most humans feel.

He cheated, he lied but he won. Why you want to spin it any other way is confusing. He won that is all you should care about.

Didn't his contract state he would be the head coach after Parcells was not the head coach any longer?

They faxed over the request to interview Belly. Then Parcells resigned. At that point Belly became the head coach of the Jets. That is what he signed.

The fact that you come on here to defend him is just amazing. He is a great coach. He has won you 3 SuperBowl and made your geocities site soar to heights you never imagined would be possible. \:D/

Really man -- I don't know why you guys defend him as if he has a soul. Or like he understands morality and things that most humans feel.

He cheated, he lied but he won. Why you want to spin it any other way is confusing. He won that is all you should care about.

Ok Max you are like Nuke Laloush...you are all over the place.

First, if 7,272 vistors in ten years is soaring. I need to drop the Patriots and start a porn site.

Second, I was correcting awats. He/she said Belichick had a contract with Kraft to be HC. Why leave if he had a contract to be HC? The HC stipulation was with the Jets (which if you read it, is what I said) in the event Par$ells retired/moved on. It obviously did not prevent him from seeking employment elsewhere. Then there would be no need for the 1 million to stay that last season.

Last, I just want one thing cleared up. I asked awats if stealing signals is acceptable? If the NFL is going to have a law/rule, there can be no ambiguity in it. It has to be black and white. There can be no naked eye stealing is ok. Using binoculars is ok. A guy hidden in the stands as long as we do not know it is ok. A guy on the sideline...bad. We have had numerous coaches and players saying it is ok and gamesmanship to steal signs. The Patriots were not penalized for cheating. They were penalized for using an illegal recording device. There is a huge difference.

For the 100th time, Belichick was guilty and rightfully punished. As was the Patriots team. Do you understand that or do I need to break it down like I am talking to a two year old? You are usually smarter then that Max. Usually.

Archived