Kerry Rhodes... Are you kidding me?

nj meadowlands

would you prefer he run his mouth and proceed to get beaten like a rented mule, ala Anthony Stewart??

how true!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rope a dope is best option

Sing praises all week , then on 1st snap punch em in the mouth. play

like a bunch of wild dogs on coke!!!!!!

If every Jet played like Kerry Rhodes, we would have had a playoff spot clinched. He can say say anything he wants for public consumption as long as doesn't incite the other team.

Would some of you rather see him say we're going to kick their butts or guarantee a win??????

A team player should NEVER talk about not being beaten badly. That is a defeatist attitude. It is as bad as guaranteeing a win.

All it says is "Why are we playing if we don't think we can even compete?"

Sorry, but time for Herm to get back up with his sound bite. It was true then and true now.

BZ

A team player should NEVER talk about not being beaten badly. That is a defeatist attitude. It is as bad as guaranteeing a win.

All it says is "Why are we playing if we don't think we can even compete?"

Sorry, but time for Herm to get back up with his sound bite. It was true then and true now.

BZ

Unless you have personally talked to the player, been in the lockerroom, you have no idea what his attitude is.

Unless you have personally talked to the player, been in the lockerroom, you have no idea what his attitude is.

without talking to him or being in the locker room, I've a pretty good idea what his attitude is.........why?.......... cause he speaks volumes with his play on the field. His comment doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I think every player who suits up sunday in green & white fully expects to beat the pats

without talking to him or being in the locker room, I've a pretty good idea what his attitude is.........why?.......... cause he speaks volumes with his play on the field. His comment doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I think every player who suits up sunday in green & white fully expects to beat the pats

Excellent point and I stand corrected.

Actions speak immeasurably more than words.

Trust me, there is a mantra of putting on a public face this week. It is being drilled into these players.

What it is, and how it is being communicated, I am not sure. But this is the Jets Super Bowl this week. I seriously doubt any player is taking it as light as the comment you hear from Rhodes, or anybody else.

Whether it allows them to play within 30, or win, I have not a clue. But the Jets are approaching this game seriously.

And neither do you... but why make the mistake of giving up a quote that can be misread and misinterpreted?

This is their job and part of their job is not feeding the media sound bites to use against the team.

That quote reads poorly and gives a bad impression of their collective attitude. I am sure they will play as hard as they can, will try to defeat the monster but that kind of comment just shows his immaturity and inability to think about what he says and how it will be used.

Always better to say nothing. If we have learned nothing from the Pats, that should be lesson one.

BZ

And neither do you... but why make the mistake of giving up a quote that can be misread and misinterpreted?

This is their job and part of their job is not feeding the media sound bites to use against the team.

That quote reads poorly and gives a bad impression of their collective attitude. I am sure they will play as hard as they can, will try to defeat the monster but that kind of comment just shows his immaturity and inability to think about what he says and how it will be used.

Always better to say nothing. If we have learned nothing from the Pats, that should be lesson one.

BZ

I never claimed to convey what his "attitude" was like you are doing ;)

If you are looking to dissect quotes and understand their meaning and ascribe an attitude based on that, talk to Freud.

Did you read the rest of what I said?

"That quote reads poorly and gives a bad impression of their collective attitude. I am sure they will play as hard as they can, will try to defeat the monster but that kind of comment just shows his immaturity and inability to think about what he says and how it will be used.

Always better to say nothing. If we have learned nothing from the Pats, that should be lesson one."

BZ

The quote also came from a post game presser, I'm sure he was upset after yet another loss when the team had numerous shots to win. Rhodes is one guy who you can count on that will come out and put a licking on someone if he can, let's remember that records kind of go out the windows when these teams play, this has become a bitter rivalry. I remember meeting some Jets this Sunday at the game one being Kerry Rhodes and he didn't hide the fact he hates the Patriots.

Archived