Yankee fans are the biggest front-runners in the world

TomShane

So let me get this straight, the Yanks, two weeks ago, are sucking ass, so much so that their over-rated beaty queen shortstop can't worm his way onto the All-Star team, and now the beat the Orioles and not only are the Yankees "back" but Jason Giambi is an OK guy again? This is why NOBODY likes Yankee fans.

So let me get this straight, the Yanks, two weeks ago, are sucking a$$, so much so that their over-rated beaty queen shortstop can't worm his way onto the All-Star team, and now the beat the Orioles and not only are the Yankees "back" but Jason Giambi is an OK guy again? This is why NOBODY likes Yankee fans.

dallas cowboy fans are the biggest front-runners in the world. i can still remember every other guy with his cowboys starter jackets when they made there run in the 90's. and that was in upstate NY an unlikely home for a cowboys fan

So let me get this straight, the Yanks, two weeks ago, are sucking a$$, so much so that their over-rated beaty queen shortstop can't worm his way onto the All-Star team, and now the beat the Orioles and not only are the Yankees "back" but Jason Giambi is an OK guy again? This is why NOBODY likes Yankee fans.

I think you mean "The Giambino?" :mrgreen:

Giambi was always an OK guy, if you ever met the man you'd know that. But people, including myself were just sick and tired of him being an automatic out, it was disgusting.

Its good to see him swing well again. Breath of fresh air

In all seriousness Tom, you can't say that every team doesn't have it's share of homers. I never seen an Braves hat in my entire life until they started winning and now they're all over the south. Everybody has "been a fan all along" yet they can't sell out a playoff game.

Patriot fans? What a complete and utter joke. I met ONE patriot fan in my ENTIRE LIFE until four years ago. Now every fair weather fan in the world has a pats hat, visor, flag, license plate, screen name on jetsinsider, you name it.

It's part of sports. I've been a Yankee fan since '87, they've made me sick at times this year to the point where I've started to look toward next year but I've NEVER said Giambi was done and despite making a few remarks here and there about how this season is done, I watch every game I can on the MLB package and I post when I feel there is something worth saying...not only after a win and I don't disappear after every loss.

okay I'm done.

Giambi was always an OK guy, if you ever met the man you'd know that. But people, including myself were just sick and tired of him being an automatic out, it was disgusting.

Its good to see him swing well again. Breath of fresh air

i still think this is a fluke and he'll be back to hitting .250 by next week

anyone notice how tomshame stopped posting about the mets once their great start quickly went down hill?

im sure if the mets go on a 10 game streak he'll be the first person here to post about it :roll:

I'll remind you that the Mets started out 0-7. :lol::lol:

Once again, TS nails it outta the park. Yankee fans are 100%, grade-A, solid gold-plated phonies and I've been saying it for years! They dont even believe the bullcrap they are spewing lately. They cant possibly buy into it. They simply cant control themselves from allowing diarreah to spray from their mouths. I for one, hope the resident Yankee homers keep this up. It will make this year's Yankee Elimination Party that much more enjoyable!

=D>=D>=D>

Not all of them Tom........Max-Jone and a few others never jumped ship.

=D>=D>=D>

Not all of them Tom........Max-Jone and a few others never jumped ship.

GS:

Thanks!

Every fanbase has its fair weather section. But anyone who roots for the Jets is well versed in adversity!

I know I'm not a ship-jumper. I got my tix for Sunday's game when the Yanks were sucking wind.

I was there in '96 when the Jets were 1-15! I go down with the ship, baby. The thing is this ship is not going down.

Patriot fans? What a complete and utter joke. I met ONE patriot fan in my ENTIRE LIFE until four years ago. Now every fair weather fan in the world has a pats hat, visor, flag, license plate, screen name on jetsinsider, you name it.

I was thinking the same thing about the Jets. In all my years in the military going from one end of the world to the other, I have met quite a few fans from the other AFC East teams, but never a Jets fan.

I see people with a Bills or Phins jerseys on, but is an event when I see anyone with a Jets thing on. I can literally count on one hand the amount of times I have seen a person with a Jets jersey/shirt or hat on.

you can't say that about all fans of the yankees or any team for that matter - come one you going to tell me that every one who roots for the pats now are die hards - No !!!

Everyteam has front runner.... Look at the Jets before 1998 i would get laughed at when i told people I had season tickets - by week 8 of 1998 i had peopel calling and begging me for tickets - they are front runners

I am proud to say i saw my first game at Yankee stadium when i was 4 and now 28 years later i still love them - I loved them throuh out the 80's and loved them through there run of teh 90's

Now do i think we have what it takes to make it all the way - i am not sure - Boston is a tough team - But the season is only half over - lots of ball playing ahead of us

GS:

Thanks!

Every fanbase has its fair weather section. But anyone who roots for the Jets is well versed in adversity!

COUGHmetooCOUGH

A month ago when half the Yankee fans here were proclaiming the season over, I said they were being silly and that we can still make it.

Did I bash the team? Ya daaaaaaamn right I did

Did I throw in the towel? Heeeeeeeeeell no

May I interject for a second amid this snoozefest of Yankee fans patting themselves on the back for not giving up on a season that has been resurrected?

Good, now that I have the floor:

Earth to JN.com resident Yankee fans, Your season is still OVER! Have you learned nothing at this point? We have resigned ourselves to the fact that the wildcard winner wont be coming from the AL East right? Furthermore, we have resigned ourselves to the fact that Boston is a better team top-to-bottom than Baltimore and NYY? Do you even have any idea what your record is against all AL East opponents? Its dreadful! Youre only beating Toronto in the season series...and its the freakin' All Star Break!!!

These mini-win streaks your team goes on from time to time are more hurtful than anything...they handcuff the Yankees from blowing up the hideous team and loading up on prospects for next year, either to develop or sign-and-trade for established players in the offseason.

Do you even have any idea what your record is against all AL East opponents? Its dreadful! Youre only beating Toronto in the season series...and its the freakin' All Star Break!!!

These mini-win streaks your team goes on from time to time are more hurtful than anything...they handcuff the Yankees from blowing up the hideous team and loading up on prospects for next year, either to develop or sign-and-trade for established players in the offseason.

ok you of all people should knopw that records mean nothing - how many times did the Yankees beat the Sox in the past - that meant nothing going into October last year - The Sox played there best ball and won the WS -

secondly these little win streaks have gotten us within 4 games of 1st place -

May I interject for a second amid this snoozefest of Yankee fans patting themselves on the back for not giving up on a season that has been resurrected?

Good, now that I have the floor:

Earth to JN.com resident Yankee fans, Your season is still OVER! Have you learned nothing at this point? We have resigned ourselves to the fact that the wildcard winner wont be coming from the AL East right? Furthermore, we have resigned ourselves to the fact that Boston is a better team top-to-bottom than Baltimore and NYY? Do you even have any idea what your record is against all AL East opponents? Its dreadful! Youre only beating Toronto in the season series...and its the freakin' All Star Break!!!

Record vs AL EAST

Red Sox 16-18

Yankees 14-20

Yup big difference of a whole 2 games there.

AL East Wild card

Yankees 3 1/2 back. Yup looks like they are dead there too.

Sox better than Yankees

Sox 47-35

Yanks 43-39

Yup 4 games is just too much to overcome.

Boston better team top to bottom than New York or Baltimore ?

:roll:

More nuggets from a member of the Holy Trinity.

I just hope that this band of overpaid, drug abusers, senior citizens, terrorists, anti-americans can overcome the mighty Red Sox.

I mean reallly the numbers are all there in black and white.

Done

Buried

Fini

The Trinity has spoken. We are done.

sorry, but if the yanks can't pull out the crucial wins now, they wont' be doing it come october and november. The pitching is still not good enough to warrant a WS run, and unless you can acquire Jason Schmidt at the deadline, which I see as doubtful,the rotation will still have question marks with Wright and Pavano, Wang, (only because he's a rook)

The way I see it, the AL East at this point is a fight between Boston and the fading Orioles, the Al Central is hte Sox to lose and the Rangers and Angels are still squabbling for the West. What you have left is a perennial division winner in the twins to compete with for the wild-card, plus the resurgent Indians.

exactly! The Yanks cant beat the D-Rays, Red Sox, or Orioles at home...theyre only going to be seeing alot more of those teams in the second half!!! ON THE ROAD this time! Losing all those homegames in April and early May killed the Yankees, dude.

Face it, its over. You better start selling off pieces of the dead dynasty that other teams will be dumb enough to take!

Furthermore, we have resigned ourselves to the fact that Boston is a better team top-to-bottom than NYY?

Lets see...top to botton

C..Push (Facemask and Posada are a wash/Slight edge Posada)

1B..Adv. Yanks (Giambi over Cowbaoy up)

2B.. Adv Yanks (Our Rookie of the Year over Maak Horn)

3B..Puuuuuuuhlease Adv Yanks

SS..Puuuuuuuuuhlease Adv Yanks (Jeter is the best all around SS in the game)

RF..Sheff aainst Trot...Huge adv. Yanks

CF..Adv Sawx (Caveman aginst anyone)

RF..Push (Matsui is right up there in RBI's, although Manny isn't too shabby)

DH...Adv Sawx (Bernie is getting up there, and the Sawx have Apeman)

SP Yanks vs Sawx....Push (if Wright and Pavano come around, it isn't even close)

Pen....Fat Schill or Mo?? Adv Yanks

There you have it folks...the 2nd half should be "orgasmic"

why is JonE comparing a 1st place team with a group of $200 million spoilers?

Hey Jinxboy...I agree with most of your assessment except Tek kills Posada, Manny kills Matsui, and SP is a Sox advantage for the 2nd year in a row. I also think the bullpen situation is a wash as both clubs are fighting to avoid being the worst in all of baseball.

Too bad the Yankees cant play all their games on paper!!!

bwa-hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!!!

My position by position comparision:

1st Base- Giambi vs. Millar - Right now, Wash. If Giambi continues his hot streak into the 2nd half then the nod goes to Giambi. However, Millar has a knack of killing the Yankees so this is closer than it should be. Advantage - Wash.

2nd Base- Cano vs. Bellhorn- Cano has been a pleasant surpise this season. In a biased opinion, advantage - Yanks.

Short Stop - Jeter vs. Renteria - Jeter's the better player. Period. Overrated by some? Yes. A better looking Miguel Cairo? Please. Renteria's a solid

player, but the edge goes to Jeter. Advantage- Jeter.

3rd Base- Arod vs Mueller. No comparison. Advantage-Yanks.

Right Field- Sheffield vs. Nixon. Sheffield's a bonafide star, Nixon's a good player with a superstar sized mouth. Advantage- SHeffield.

Center Field- Bernie vs Damon. No comparision. Bernie......JK, Damons one of the best CF's in the game, he takes this in a landslide. Advantage Damon.

Left Field- Matsui vs. Ramirez. Now MAtsuis a great player, but he's not a superstar. Manny is. Top 5 hitter in the game. Advantage- Ramirez.

Designated Hitter- Tino/Sierra vs. Ortiz- Not even close. Advatange Ortiz.

Starting Pitching- It's a wash imo I dont feel like typing anymore.

Bullpen- SLight advanatge Yankees due to Rivera.

Manager -Take a pick.

There you gou

So let me get this straight TS, cause the Yankees don't suck like the Mets we are front runners? The Yankees have sucked at times this season, we all as Yankees fans admit that but when they have stretches like they have had the past couple of days you can't help but think that this is something great maybe, and if we take 3 of 4 or sweep the Tribe and continue with a 3 out of 4 over Boston, you know that they are coming back.

you can't help but think that this is something great maybe

And what exactly would warrant that? They won 16 of 18 earlier this season, then went on a long cold streak. Forgive us if we think this is short-lived, based on the recent trend of these Yankees. And remember, they're still in 3rd place, still 4.5 games out. There's nothing to be gloating about.

So let me get this straight TS, cause the Yankees don't suck like the Mets we are front runners? The Yankees have sucked at times this season, we all as Yankees fans admit that but when they have stretches like they have had the past couple of days you can't help but think that this is something great maybe, and if we take 3 of 4 or sweep the Tribe and continue with a 3 out of 4 over Boston, you know that they are coming back.

You beat a freakin reeling Baltimore team.

Who isn't wiping the floor with them right now?

Again you guys speak way too soon.

The smart thing to do is see how you do against Clev and Boston.

Archived