Cut Chad. Sign Brett Favre.

Barton

No I am not kidding and not trying to be funny either. I am dead serious.

Favre is not going to retire like this. He still wants to play, just not for the Packers.

Get rid of the noodle. Sign Favre, start Favre and in the process have him mentor Clemens for a year or 2. This is the kind of move that would make us serious contenders.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Favre is not going to retire like this. He still wants to play, just not for the Packers.

Get rid of the noodle. Sign Favre, start Favre and in the process have him mentor Clemens for a year or 2. This is the kind of move that would make us serious contenders.

Could Work =D>

Favre being a winner on this Jets team is much easier said than done

It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. It's not that the Packers didnt go out and sign Randy Moss, it's not that Favre is tired of losing with the Packers (They were only one game away from the SB) It's the fact that Favre has played something like 17-18 seasons as a Quarterback in the NFL. The man is tired, he's tired of training camp, he's tired of practices, he's tired of having to study each and every signle day for the next game, he's tired of having to study the playbook week in, week out. I'm sorry but I would never want a TIRED Quarterback as my starting QB. Just think of the studying that Favre will have to do in terms of winning with this Jets team.

Why would ANYONE in their right mind "retire" from a team that was almost in the SB, & sign with a team (any team) that was 4-12 last year?

Sorry, can't see it!! Won't happen!

What's the color of the sky in your world?

Just to humor this idea... does he have time on his GB contract that he is walking away from?

Yes. He was under contract through 2010 so he can't sign with anyone else until 2011 (lol) unless GB either gives permission (lol again) or is compensated to their satisfaction.

He's a moron anyway. What kind of idiot walks away from a $12M salary?

i thought you wanted clemens to start and show us what he's got. now you want him to site for another 1 or two years?

the only thing he's gonna learn now is how to make crazy risky shovel passes and throw a ton of INT's.

I'm sure Favre left GB, who was just in the NFC Championship Game, and who worships him like God almighty, so one Eric Mangini can put him in a QB competition with Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens for a Jets team coming off a 4-12 season. And I'm sure the Jets are just dying to surrender draft picks to GB to compensate them for their starting, first-ballot HOF QB who was under contract for 3 more years.

Oh yeah. That's realistic.

I'm sure Favre left GB, who was just in the NFC Championship Game, and who worships him like God almighty, so one Eric Mangini can put him in a QB competition with Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens for a Jets team coming off a 4-12 season. And I'm sure the Jets are just dying to surrender draft picks to GB to compensate them for their starting, first-ballot HOF QB who was under contract for 3 more years.

is that a knock on me? i can't tell, but you quoted my post...

No, you cut/trade Chad right now. And you make Favre the 08' starter, no competition in camp.

A few reasons why it would be good

1. Chad put-put will finally be gone. FINALLY!

2. Clemens could learn alot from Favre

3. Favre would make us contenders

Its not going to happen. But you'd be nuts to not want Favre as our QB in 2008.

No, you cut/trade Chad right now. And you make Favre the 08' starter, no competition in camp.

Farve would be out of his ****ing mind to come to NY

Favre is not any more available now than he was a week ago. He is still under contract with the Packers. Retiring doesn't change that. Thanks for playing.

Neither is Peyton Manning.

Yea but he's not announcing his "retirement" is he?

You guys took this thread all wrong. Sh#t on it all you want but its not completely unrealistic because teams WILL be calling Favre and asking him to play for their team this year. Mark it down.

I think we should cut you and re-sign Tx, not even he says as many dumb things as you

go to class and get some class please

• 4 months later...

Archived