Sign in to follow this  
JetsFanNick12

Espn just reported Ryan to be named Jets HC tomorrow.

Good choice In my opinion, at least we have a base 3-4 that he can build on. Bring on the Blitz !!! Anyone know what FA are out there that we may look at to help this D?

I hope he can get something out of Vernon. Biggest question is how do you use him?

That would depend on Vernon. I'll at least give the kid this: he's got a lifetime of riches guaranteed to him even if he sucks. And he's taking it upon himself to work with LT all offseason. He may still suck & fail ultimately, but you have to like that attitude. At least if he fails it won't be because of a lack of effort from another in a long line of lazy punks.

How long before we're on photoshop putting a dunce cap on Rex. LOL If this franchise was dead set on using the "unproven head coach" model that has produced three prior "dunce cap" photos continuing to veer away from the strategy that brought them from 1-15 to 12-4 afcc in two years, which is hiring a SB coach, then Rex is the best of the bunch, I guess.

We ALL guess. NOBODY ON THE PLANET knows if this guy could coach! But at least he Blitzes!!!!

How long before we're on photoshop putting a dunce cap on Rex. LOL If this franchise was dead set on using the "unproven head coach" model that has produced three prior "dunce cap" photos continuing to veer away from the strategy that brought them from 1-15 to 12-4 afcc in two years, which is hiring a SB coach, then Rex is the best of the bunch, I guess.

We ALL guess. NOBODY ON THE PLANET knows if this guy could coach! But at least he Blitzes!!!!

It's also the model that was executed by 9 of the 12 playoff teams this year, including all 4 championship-game teams, both superbowl teams, and the eventual superbowl winner.

Live in the now, man.

That would depend on Vernon. I'll at least give the kid this: he's got a lifetime of riches guaranteed to him even if he sucks. And he's taking it upon himself to work with LT all offseason. He may still suck & fail ultimately, but you have to like that attitude. At least if he fails it won't be because of a lack of effort from another in a long line of lazy punks.

The bottom line, and I truly believe it, is that if VG can be good, this staff will get it from him. I think his development will give us an education in Mangini/Sutton and if they dropped the ball, or if the guy just can't get it done.

I dont understand how the guy hasn't been named coach yet and already people are already bitching and ****ing moaning about the choice.

:boohoo:

Its like they think we just hired a ball boy or somethin.

Listen, here's my theory. We did best with Mangini in proportion to how FAT he was. Year one he was HUGE and we did well, year two he lost too much weight and we blew, this year he got fatter, but not fat enough and we failed. If my theory holds true Rex Ryan's plumpness will lead us to victory.

Not his coaching or anything like that.

FAT = VICTORIES

Listen, here's my theory. We did best with Mangini in proportion to how FAT he was. Year one he was HUGE and we did well, year two he lost too much weight and we blew, this year he got fatter, but not fat enough and we failed. If my theory holds true Rex Ryan's plumpness will lead us to victory.

Not his coaching or anything like that.

FAT = VICTORIES

I agree. The last time we had any real success around here we had a lard ass as HC..

The bottom line, and I truly believe it, is that if VG can be good, this staff will get it from him. I think his development will give us an education in Mangini/Sutton and if they dropped the ball, or if the guy just can't get it done.

+1. Vernon Gholston is a pass-rusher, not a complete LB, and I doubt he'll ever become one. But that's fine because passrushing is a premium in this league. Just put him in positions to succeed. That's all i ask. If he sucks, then he sucks at it and we move on.

And yet never got HC consideration until now. He got interviews, but no serious consideration until now and was even fired after last season only to be rehired once Harbaugh jumped on board. Thats how much the Ravens thought of Rex Ryan and his awesome defensive schemes.

Let the Epic Fail Era begin.

The one thing that you need to realize is that there is no such thing as a sure thing in footbal. This applies to Asst coaches getting promoted or past SB winners getting hired. Football history will bear this out. Ryan will now be the coach and we can only hope hat he leads us to the promised land. He is only 46, which in terms of football is about the right time to get the top job after paying your dues. This trend of hiring 30 something head coaches is a relatively new thing and a lot of these pimple faced coaches have been put on the fast track don't have the foundation to succesfully build a winner so there is no correlation with Ryan's path.

Why does everyone overlook the recent miserable record of the so called "proven" head coaches? Gruden, Shanahan, Billick, Holmgren would all be wearing a dunce cap with their recent performances. I guess if the Cardinals win the SB, Whisenhunt will now be a proven SB winner despite having a teram that won 9 games and got ass raped by a good number of teams in their losses this year, including the Jets. Anyone can catch lightning in a bottle, it doesn't make them a genius.