Leon Washington looking for at least $4 million a year ~ PFT.com

I love the guy... but the type of RB he is... there is bound to be an injury... 4 million is fine... but not for 4 or 5 years... he will not play all 16 games over that time... most RB's dont... and he especially wont...

If he is willing to put incentives in the end of his deal... go for it...

He's been worth most of that amount to the Jets in his previous role. Barring injury, he will see even more action, so I have no issues with paying Leon $4M/yr. He actually gets into the endzone & gets more extra yards out of plays than anyone the Jets have had in a long, long time.

The cap is going up (assuming it's not abolished) anyway, so in 2 years his $4M will seem like closer to $3M anyway.

Give this man what he wants. Make him happy.

Has there been a more exciting game breaking player on this team in the last 20 years?

There are a couple of current Jets that started their career here that I want to end their careers here, Leon is on the top of that list.

Has there been a more exciting game breaking player on this team in the last 20 years?

There are a couple of current Jets that started their career here that I want to end their careers here, Leon is on the top of that list.

Leon is the most exciting player this team has had since Bruce Harper.

He is a bargain at $4 million per year.

yes if Noodle was worth $64M

20M is a drop in the bucket

No doubt that he is worth that. I also like the classy way he is handling this. Unlike Mr. Baby - T. Jones.

Agreed. If Leon gets hurt this season he will have made very little money over his career. He will be a 28 year-old RB who has never started a full season coming off an injury. Yet he's there.

Jones has pocketed ridiculous millions of dollars over the years (including $13M from just the last 2 seasons alone). And Mr.Does-Nothing-Extraordinary is spitefully holding out from the team that paid him almost as much in 2 seasons as he made in his prior 7 combined.

$4M/yr, particularly in this FA market, is absolutely fair $ for Leon. If that's what his demands are, the only thing the Jets should be spending any time on is its structure. But you don't lowball this guy after throwing that amount at (then) career-backup Kenyon Coleman from someone else's team.

Agreed. If Leon gets hurt this season he will have made very little money over his career. He will be a 28 year-old RB who has never started a full season coming off an injury. Yet he's there.

Jones has pocketed ridiculous millions of dollars over the years (including $13M from just the last 2 seasons alone). And Mr.Does-Nothing-Extraordinary is spitefully holding out from the team that paid him almost as much in 2 seasons as he made in his prior 7 combined.

$4M/yr, particularly in this FA market, is absolutely fair $ for Leon. If that's what his demands are, the only thing the Jets should be spending any time on is its structure. But you don't lowball this guy after throwing that amount at (then) career-backup Kenyon Coleman from someone else's team.

All true, except Leon's age. He'll be 27 this August.

Leon is an RFA in '10

offer him $2 mill per for 4

if he turns it down, tender him as RFA with a 1st round pick attached

TJ is making $2.5 mill

giving Leon $ 4 mill means you're giving the backup a 60% raise over the starter

not good strategy no matter how much you love Leon

Oh, and I called Bradway an incompetant idiot for letting Herm go for only a 4th rounder when the going rate for coaches was 2nd rounders.

Leon's been close to a 1st rounder you can get.

If you do a deal with a guy who doesn't have any leverage you have to expect to do another one as soon as he gets some. Leon's in kind of a rough spot as far as his age and the status of the CBA go, but that's not our problem.

Archived