Jets Trade Rumor On WFAN

GFJET33

Goddamn right. If this trade happens and we end up with a freaking WR at that price, that WR HAS TO make the Hall of Fame to justify the cost.

Regrettably, this smacks exactly of what our nitwit GM would do.

You would be upset with Crabtree at 8?

In my opinion this is as big an immediate impact player as the Jets could hope for. Yes his speed is suspect but if it wasn't then we would need to get into the top 3.

Michael Crabtree would instantly become the Jets greatest weapon on offense, the one with the most potential to dominate. I do have some STRONG reservations about Clemens as the one throwing him the ball but I wouldn't let that factor in to drafting him.

If Crabtree becomes the next Andre Johnson then we have our dominant number 1 wide receiver locked up for a long time. It is well worth the chance that the 2 and 4 give us at a quality player.

In my opinion this move would be as exciting a move as the Jets could make on draft day.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion this is as big an immediate impact player as the Jets could hope for. Yes his speed is suspect but if it wasn't then we would need to get into the top 3.

Michael Crabtree would instantly become the Jets greatest weapon on offense, the one with the most potential to dominate. I do have some STRONG reservations about Clemens as the one throwing him the ball but I wouldn't let that factor in to drafting him.

If Crabtree becomes the next Andre Johnson then we have our dominant number 1 wide receiver locked up for a long time. It is well worth the chance that the 2 and 4 give us at a quality player.

In my opinion this move would be as exciting a move as the Jets could make on draft day.

Andre Johnson ran a 4.3-ish 40 and was a physical freak of nature coming out. Still is. Crabtree is not on his level athletically. The point is, that is ALOT to give up for one player who is going to handle the ball 60-80 times a year. No way Crabtree lives up to that deal.

I see your point about Crabtree.

But IMO if youre gonna trade up, get the QB (Sanchez). You can be OK with great Wr and mediocre QB play but if ya wanna contend for championships, the franchise QB is a MUST. And your D has been upgraded alot recently, that helps alot.

Great QB/ average WR's > Mediocre QB/ great WR IMO

But IMO if youre gonna trade up, get the QB (Sanchez). You can be OK with great Wr and mediocre QB play but if ya wanna contend for championships, the franchise QB is a MUST. And your D has been upgraded alot recently, that helps alot.

Great post.

Crabtree has all of the makings of the next Charles Rogers. I heard him on Sirius the other day and I was less than impressed with him. So, yeah, I'd be pissed if the Jets traded away their draft for him. I hope I'm wrong about the kid for his sake...

I just went over and checked out his stats, Texas Tech played 13 games last year and Crabtree scored in 11 of them. Six of those games he scored more than once. This guy is impressive-he's 6'3" 215 virtually the same size as Larry Fitzgerald. The question for me is this; IF we trade down to #8 will he still be there?

here's his Wiki page-there are a LOT of awards there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Crabtree

Great post - Stiller hit it on the head.

Great post - Stiller hit it on the head.

Sanchez is my first choice after that IDK anymore I'm getting really confused as to who we should take. I like Crabtree, I like Tyson Jackson, I like Moreno I can see Pettigrew as a good idea (and a pick that will surely get Jets fans booing on draft day). I think Percy Harvin could very well end up being the best player in the draft-another Marvin Harrison but am afraid he could also be this decades' biggest sports tradgedy. I just do not know.

Sanchez is my first choice after that IDK anymore I'm getting really confused as to who we should take. I like Crabtree, I like Tyson Jackson, I like Moreno I can see Pettigrew as a good idea (and a pick that will surely get Jets fans booing on draft day). I think Percy Harvin could very well end up being the best player in the draft-another Marvin Harrison but am afraid he could also be this decades' biggest sports tradgedy. I just do not know.

Percy Harvin is going to make Rae Carruth look like Mahatma Gandhi.

I'm hoping someone wants #17 for a 2 and next year's #1 - this does not seem to be a real strong draft class at the top this year.

Andre Johnson ran a 4.3-ish 40 and was a physical freak of nature coming out. Still is. Crabtree is not on his level athletically. The point is, that is ALOT to give up for one player who is going to handle the ball 60-80 times a year. No way Crabtree lives up to that deal.

It's not a perfect comparison, but that is hard to find. After watching as much Texas Tech football as I could and hearing the reports on him, I believe he could live up to hype. It will be difficult with Clemens throwing him the ball but once we get a real QB in here to utilize him I think his stats could be very favorable to Andre Johnson.

Oh i agree that this makes much more sense for Mark Sanchez. I just don't think that Crabtree is too bad of a consolation prize. Especially if this deal is 1,2 and 5, I would do it for a long term solution to the number one receiver role.

Crabtree has all of the makings of the next Charles Rogers. I heard him on Sirius the other day and I was less than impressed with him. So, yeah, I'd be pissed if the Jets traded away their draft for him. I hope I'm wrong about the kid for his sake...

I think Charles Rogers is a different kind of receiver, Crabtree wouldn't have to use as much athleticism as him and hopefully won't be as brittle. Crabtree might come with attitude concerns but as long as he stays in line and uses that personality to fire himself up for big plays then I don't have a problem. Not every talented player is a choir boy and I don't mind a loud mouth as long as he can back it up.

My main point in all this and that I am extremely disenchanted with the talent that is *likely* to be there at 17. There isn't a wide receiver I like out of Nicks, Bey, or Britt at that spot. I think in a fairly deep wide receiver draft we should be focusing on a player who drops into the second or third (possibly the slow but steady Robiskie). We really need a starter next to Cotchery but I doubt anybody at 17 is able to take that spot out of the gate. I don't want Pettigrew at all. I would settle for a running back even though i think the position can be addressed later in the draft or even next year.

So yeah i think a trade up for a starting player with the potential to be a stud is the best way to go. I would settle for trading down, as well, although if we did that i wouldn't expect an immediate impact player to be drafted, just a larger number of developmental picks. If we could get him, Crabtree gives us the best shot at a immediate impact player this year.

if big ben is drafted by the jets;

does he have a ring ?

is he considered a franchise QB ?

my point being does the franchise put the franchise in "franchise QB" ?

The comparisons that have been made with Crabtree and Fitzgerald/Andre Johnson will seem laughable in a few years IMO. I don't think he's that caliber of a prospect.

He isn't Fitzgerald or Johnson because he isn't as tall and doesn't have as strong of "ups" but he certainly can easily become, as T0mShane just said, the next Anquan Boldin.

I think Charles Rogers is a different kind of receiver, Crabtree wouldn't have to use as much athleticism as him and hopefully won't be as brittle. Crabtree might come with attitude concerns but as long as he stays in line and uses that personality to fire himself up for big plays then I don't have a problem. Not every talented player is a choir boy and I don't mind a loud mouth as long as he can back it up.

My main point in all this and that I am extremely disenchanted with the talent that is *likely* to be there at 17. There isn't a wide receiver I like out of Nicks, Bey, or Britt at that spot. I think in a fairly deep wide receiver draft we should be focusing on a player who drops into the second or third (possibly the slow but steady Robiskie). We really need a starter next to Cotchery but I doubt anybody at 17 is able to take that spot out of the gate. I don't want Pettigrew at all. I would settle for a running back even though i think the position can be addressed later in the draft or even next year.

So yeah i think a trade up for a starting player with the potential to be a stud is the best way to go. I would settle for trading down, as well, although if we did that i wouldn't expect an immediate impact player to be drafted, just a larger number of developmental picks. If we could get him, Crabtree gives us the best shot at a immediate impact player this year.

My Charles Rogers comparison was not as a player, more as a person - I agree with you about their differing as players.

The thing for me is that I'm not so sure that Crabtree will make an immediate impact in the NFL. Is he a talented athlete, sure. Is he dedicated to learning the mental side of the game to make the most of his athleticism, not so sure - he just seemed (granted, from a radio interview) to be a "me" guy that has always depended on being a little more athletic than the person on the other side of the ball. That ain't happening week in, wekk out in the NFL.

My main point in all this and that I am extremely disenchanted with the talent that is *likely* to be there at 17. There isn't a wide receiver I like out of Nicks, Bey, or Britt at that spot. I think in a fairly deep wide receiver draft we should be focusing on a player who drops into the second or third (possibly the slow but steady Robiskie).

I like Robiskie too. Everybody does. We all see value because he's seen as a 2nd or 3rd round "can't miss". That means that he'll either go ealier than all those projections or he's not as "can't miss" as we've all been hearing.

So what? Last time the Jets traded up in the first was when we drafted Revis, and Harris. Tanny knows what he's doing when he trades up. Quality>>>>>>Quantity.

I agree with Quality over quantity, but Sanchez is about as far from proven quality as it gets. Which is why you don't trade up for a complete crap shoot like Sanchez. The hype around Sanchez is strangely like that which surrounded Dwayne Robertson a number of years ago. Limited experience (only 15 college starts), and all post NCAA season hype. Nothing more. He could become a solid NFL QB or he could easily the next Matt Leinert. Frankly, Sanchez has not done jacksht to demonstrate that he is an NFL caliber QB, let alone worth selling out nearly the Jets entire draft for the chance to roll the dice on him.

**** these trade rumors. I won't believe anything until it happens. No way I'll give up a 1st, 2nd, and a 4th for Mark Sanchez. I love Sanchez, but that's our entire draft we're giving up.

If they were willing to take the 2nd from next years Draft & the 1st & 4th rounders from this season I`d be ok with it.

If they were willing to take the 2nd from next years Draft & the 1st & 4th rounders from this season I`d be ok with it.

I wouldn't want to trade our 4th. We've had pretty good luck with that drafting players like Leon Washington, Kerry Rhodes, and Jerricho Cotchery.

**** these trade rumors. I won't believe anything until it happens. No way I'll give up a 1st, 2nd, and a 4th for Mark Sanchez. I love Sanchez, but that's our entire draft we're giving up.

it is getting aggravating isn't it Ghost? I stopped posting articles the last couple of days b/c let's face it; NOBODY HAS ANY IDEA of pretty much anything that teams are going to do at this point

it is getting aggravating isn't it Ghost? I stopped posting articles the last couple of days b/c let's face it; NOBODY HAS ANY IDEA of pretty much anything that teams are going to do at this point

It's getting very aggravating. I'm just going to wait until draft day.

It's getting very aggravating. I'm just going to wait until draft day.

More like idiotic.

Drafts past I got all caught up in the 11th hour draft rumors that pop up a few days before the draft. They're all interesting, even exciting. But none of them come true. When you see supposedly "professional" beat writings slinging the stuff and it's all doodoo, then you know it's best to ignore them.

More like idiotic.

Drafts past I got all caught up in the 11th hour draft rumors that pop up a few days before the draft. They're all interesting, even exciting. But none of them come true. When you see supposedly "professional" beat writings slinging the stuff and it's all doodoo, then you know it's best to ignore them.

Kinda like a weather report before Doppler radar. lol

Archived