Just Spoke to Braylon Edwards

JMJ

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walking to the gym here in midtown and walk straight into Braylon Edwards waiting at a red light with a buddy of his. I stand right next to him and say, "Hey Braylon. You coming to the Jets or what?" He says, "I'd love to. Wish something would happen soon. You guys got Sanchez now. We could use each other."

I asked him if talks are ongoing about a trade and he said, "As far as I know. I hope they are." Light turned green and I didn't want to be "that guy."

Anyone who knows me knows I wouldn't bullsh1t about something like this.

If I saw them on the street, I wouldnt know any players on our team, let alone some other NFL players..

Then again, its not their faces im looking at...:D

Wow JmJ's story is true and not meant to be funny, yet somehow, it is.

It's all the ribbing he's taking that's so damned funny. I don't think anyone really doubts him, what motive would he have? But seeing him twist while everybody flicks boogers at him is just good clean fun!

Its no secret that Braylon doesn't want to be in Cleveland (he is a Michigan man, he is smart :)) and bringing him here would be excellent. I hope we are in talks with Cleveland as he is the less trouble of the Big 3 receivers who are "available".

My wife and I went out to a nice restaurant 2-3 weekends back (cause that is how I roll) and sat at a table directly next to Tom Coughlin and his wife.

Do you guys believe that? Or call shenanigans?

My wife and I went out to a nice restaurant 2-3 weekends back (cause that is how I roll) and sat at a table directly next to Tom Coughlin and his wife.

Why are you constantly running into professional football figures but no Jets?

Did you have a lengthy conversation with him between the appetizers and main course? Did he tell you how the rookie contract negotiations were going?

:rolleyes:

My friends and I went bar-hoping with Jason Giambi once - aren't I cool?!

Did you have a lengthy conversation with him between the appetizers and main course? Did he tell you how the rookie contract negotiations were going?

What a dick.

Using chloroform to sedate someone and putting them in the trunk of a car before a Red Sox vs Yankees game does not constitute bar hopping. Even if you did stop off for a drink.

Using chloroform to sedate someone and putting them in the trunk of a car before a Red Sox vs Yankees game does not constitute bar hopping. Even if you did stop off for a drink.

Damn! You're on to me!

• 3 months later...

I asked him if there were any trade talks ongoing for him with the Jets and his answer was, "As far as I know. I hope they are."

Chances are he knew Tannenbaum and Mangini were discussing a trade. Anyone who thinks the trade happened overnight is silly.

Archived