****The OFFICIAL Jets @ Ravens MNF Game/Discussion Thread****

Let him start when the expectations for the season are shot. Don't make him have to carry the team early on. Let Clemens go out and take his lumps, and if he sucks put Sanchez in. Anything he does after Clemens sucking will be viewed as God-like. If he starts Day One and sucks, people will be screaming "Matt Leinart" at him.

+1

QBs need to keep up their confidence and psyche. For a player who never has had to deal with losing or criticism having to start with getting destroyed could be extremely damaging.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only good thing about Sanchez's play tonight, is that it could be a wake-up call for him and especially because he isn't facing a defense on this level (granted they don't even have Suggs playing tonight) until maybe Week 15 vs. Atlanta (if that)...this is by far the craziest defense he'll face...

I mean look at the movements they coordinate before the snap of the ball, granted our O-Line isn't all there but the O-Line looks very confused with their protections and Sanchez seems to only look at #52 as if he were the Mike Backer

Let him start when the expectations for the season are shot. Don't make him have to carry the team early on. Let Clemens go out and take his lumps, and if he sucks put Sanchez in. Anything he does after Clemens sucking will be viewed as God-like. If he starts Day One and sucks, people will be screaming "Matt Leinart" at him.

Not if it looks like what he is doing tonight....

Tanny needs to make a trade for a wide receiver, so far our guys have been invisible.

that's why I have been saying this could actually be a GOOD thing-this receiving corps looks like Pop Warner vs High School-maybe Tannenbaum will finally realize he ain't doing **** with these clowns

+1

QBs need to keep up their confidence and psyche. For a player who never has had to deal with losing or criticism having to start with getting destroyed could be extremely damaging.

You think he's never had a bad quarter before?

1st 2 were BAD, then he threw a completion and a drop... oh well.

Physche my ass, he's a football player. Let him take his licks and move on.

He's a pampered little kid from Southern California that was born with a silver spoon.

The media and NFL defenses will eat him alive. He's never had to deal with any football related adversity in his life. This isn't USC, where you barely break a sweat while your infinitely more talented team destroys the inferior opposition.

i'm down with clemens starting the season...but the team isn't going to win much this year and he will get pulled for sanchez no later than the 7th game, imo. like i've been saying we will win about 6 games this year.

Thats fine if Clemens gets pulled and Sanchez starts at a later point when the team is a little more prepared. I have no problem with him eventually starting just not right away when he's going to get crushed. Theres no reason to put a young QB into a clear losing situation.

Physche my ass, he's a football player. Let him take his licks and move on.

yeah but you also run the risk of losing the team a little bit, you talk about QB competition, sanchez plays like a lost rookie, clearly looks not ready, you almost have to let clemens start the season now

even if sanchez gets another drive and plays well right here

Are you guys seriouly going after Rhodes?

What ****ing game are you watching?

Rhodes is good at alot of things, but he doesn't scare TE's or receivers out of the middle of the field. It's a hole in his game, and it effects the way teams play offense. I don't mean it as a form of disrespect, but it is what it is.

i'm down with clemens starting the season...but the team isn't going to win much this year and he will get pulled for sanchez no later than the 7th game, imo. like i've been saying we will win about 6 games this year.

I agree, but only when I look at our schedule, because let's face it the NFC South is so unpredictable yet also strong, I think things are b leak and I don't usually feel that way, I'm not a pessimistic Jets fan

so that's it...he sucks already huh? lol....some of you guys make me laugh

I thought he was terrible to begin with.

He looked worse than I could have ever possibly thought. He threw a ****ing pick 6 to a god damn nose tackle, for ****'s sake.

He's a pampered little kid from Southern California that was born with a silver spoon.

The media and NFL defenses will eat him alive. He's never had to deal with any football related adversity in his life. This isn't USC, where you barely break a sweat while your infinitely more talented team destroys the inferior opposition.

Your opinion cant be counted honestly. Youre a blatant SEC/Tulane homer...and it insanely affects your ability to judge NFL players.

You were never going to give Sanchez a shot. Just admit it.

Uhhh, did you miss the part where I said record doesn't matter but how team plays does?

uhh did you miss the part where I said the lions played well in pre-season and it didn't matter ?

all you sky is falling posters make me laugh

Archived