Official JN Schottenheimer Discussion Thread

Irish Jet

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm feeling so much hurt for you. You are going to be as disappointed in the Jets not firing B Schitt as you will be in the Jets sucking donkey dick.

Dont do it to yourself.

Nah... I expect us to lose to New England, and again this week to Miami... so of course I don't really expect them to do anything about Schotty, or Alosi for that matter.

Their the effing Jets man... I expect nothing other than excuses.

Really? Because everytime I post I vomit in my mouth!

Keep talking like that and I have may have to find your avatar and sig in some sort of sight violation and take it down for the betterment of Jet nation. Ask Brooklyn Jet, we just make shiit up around here to serve whatever purpose we feel like. Keeping your food in your tummy is a cause Im willing to fight for.

and...end with backing Schotty. Like I said, until the guy is gone I won't believe he's going to get fired. The guy is like a leech. Much like Chad at the end of his tenure with us.

Eew... the Chad comparison sent a shiver down my spine...

It blows my mind that every time he gets asked about Schotty... the same response, "he's a good coach, his dad's a coach, he grew up around the game..." Always with the mention of Marty. You'd think his old man was a part owner...

why would rex fire shotty ?

he's following orders

run the ball

after shotty leaves the jets, you watch, he will run a dynamic passing offense

He might,considering Sanchez cant see over the line and has at least 5-6 balls knocked down each game. And yes im really disliking Sanchez lately.

Dude, isnt he following the lead of the ground and pound philosophy? 2 cracks in the line and throw on 3rd and long? didnt somebody say thats Jets football?

It is until it's no longer convenient to say that.

On the prediction...My only worry with this is that we'll be replacing him with Cavanaugh...not that this will matter at all if Sanchez becomes THE Mark Sanchez. It's seems to be well understood that Schottenheimer is the designated scapegoat for any and all of 2010/11 problems.

On the prediction...My only worry with this is that we'll be replacing him with Cavanaugh...not that this will matter at all if Sanchez becomes THE Mark Sanchez. It's seems to be well understood that Schottenheimer is the designated scapegoat for any and all of 2010/11 problems.

Do you think Schotty is part of the problem with our offense? yes or no. Note I said part, not the entire.

Do you think Schotty is part of the problem with our offense? yes or no. Note I said part, not the entire.

Yes, but nowhere in the vicinity many on this board seems to have convinced themselves he is.

It's understandable...40 years of losing...the HC had/has everyone convinced we're mere inches away from the Super Bowl...the HC is flawless...OC is part of the losing for a longer period of time...not crazy to see why people would grasp at such a small straw to "fix" the "problems" with this years team.

Dude, isnt he following the lead of the ground and pound philosophy? 2 cracks in the line and throw on 3rd and long? didnt somebody say thats Jets football?

Jets need to realize they are a passing team. Look at the personnel. They took away the #1 ground/pound lineman and RB and replaced them with a finesse back and 2nd year lineman.

You know very well that I have been pointing at Schotty as a problem for a lot longer than this season. Scapegoat? No. I don't think that's the case, I understand the points you have made about players getting it done and its not that I disagree with those points, I just don't think its a one-dimensional problem as you have asserted.

I am of the opinion that Schotty, his system and his approach to gameplanning does not put players in position to succeed. You have stated profusely that you feel its all on the players. I think the reality is simple matter of cause and effect. From what you have effused over the months, you feel that lack of execution has contributed to the bad offense --- while I have contended for a few years now that the bad offense has contributed to the lack of execution.

At the end of the day, I think we're both right as the two issues are not mutually exclusive... that said, players are much more difficult to replace. Of course, because we are the Jets, we had to try that route first... and we have now gone through 4 QBs, added MUCH better WRs, built a much better offensive line since Schotty inherited that crappy O back in his first year... and the problems have not gone away. Opposing defenses have gone on the record to explain how the Jets offensive scheme is predictable. So, at this point you have to think the organization has tried the course of replacing and bringing in better players, and it hasn't worked. It is time to replace the coordinator. 5 years is a LONG time to devote to an unproven, first-time OC who really isn't getting the job done. He has had 2 chances, and really has not produced.

At the end of the day, we want to see the Jets win football games... at least I think we all do. Bickering aside, I don't expect firing Schotty to fix everything immediately... I do think it will start the Jets on a course to finally address the problems on offense they have not been able to the past 4-5 years.

I couldn't agree with you more about Cavanaugh. He's not the guy I want to see take over in the interim. I'd like to see Callahan take over the offense - I think there is a lot to be said for experience when it comes to coordinators, and Callahan has quite a bit of it. I also think the Jets would be wise to make the designation that the OC that finishes the season is "interim" so that they can consider all options in the off-season for the role.

Archived