Titans Uniforms to be Retired?

flgreen

Last I checked the Jets were GREEN! That's the way it should stay. I hate the Marketing ploy to sell more merch by having our team wear blue and yellow. HATE I said.

When it's throw back time we should wear the 80's logo IMO.

Good riddance as far as I'm concerned

Dear God, no.

Those uniforms represent the darkest moments in Jets history. Why would anyone want to see them again???

When I was growing up in the early 90's my grandmother had a lot of stuff with that logo on it at her house. It brings back good memories for me. Probably because I was too young to realize how bad they were at the time I don't look at it in that light.

White pants + white jerseys for every game. IMO.

The Super Bowl outfit! :cheers: That's Rex's favorite, too.

As long as they never bring back the clunkers of the 80's & 90's, especially the Bruce Coslet black trimmed debacles, I'll be happy.

A lot of fans don't like the Titan uni's, and not wearing them this year could be the team's attempt to appease them. I think the fans have made it pretty clear they're unhappy about PSL's, and probably weren't going to spend on a blue & gold "Jets" jersey this year, anyway.

Dear God, no.

Those uniforms represent the darkest moments in Jets history. Why would anyone want to see them again???

Other than wearing the SB uni's, I don't see why not. These are the uni's that some great players and good teams wore like the Sack Exchange, Wesley Walker. McNeil. Mehl, Toon, Shuler, etc.

I am the Joe that David is talking about, FYI.

And yes I can confirm this is true (that the Titans uniforms are done for):

@nyjets: @Fear_The_Panda As of now, there are no plans to wear them this season.

Clearly, I am in the minority, but I liked the Titans uniforms. I will miss them....

As far as throw backs go, the Jets are wearing their throwback unis, with the exception that the new green is a Hunter Green as opposed to the original kelly green.

I enjoyed watching, Bruce Harper, the sack exchange, Wesley Walker, but please do not bring back those 80's -90's uniforms.

If we need a new throwback, just go back to the original kelly green.

They should use the 80's uniforms for a few games

They will, it's all about money. They sold a ton of Titans merchandise and now it will be on to other eras in Jets history to make more money.

W/ that said I would love to see the 80s throwbacks if we had to have throwbacks again. I think if we darkened the green helmet of the 80s w/ our current green jersey we'd have our best unifrom combo. Our jerseys look great now(much better than the light green they used in the 60s and 70s) but our helmet is dull.

Archived