If you were going to move overseas...

vinnys025

Where would you live? What country would also be the easiest transition from the US?

I would live in Germany, specifically in Bavaria. Not even a debate.

The remainder of the Top 5:

Australia, England, New Zealand, Ireland.

From a practical point of view, the simple answer is as Bob said, Canada. Followed by Great Britian, Australia, New Zealand, etc. The language barrier is huge.

My German is rusty, but it wouldn't take long to get back into the swing of things.

Ireland or England, I'm leaning toward Ireland.

My life's goal is to find a hot redhead to marry. I love redheads, but not the ugly ones.

redhead.jpg

I love 'em, too, but they're crazy. When I did a wife upgrade a few years ago, I chose a nice, sensible brunette.

I wanna move to Mexico to balance things out.

It's on my short list of retirement destinations, along with Costa Rica and maybe Belize. I plan on spending some time in Thailand, too, just to see if I think I could handle that.

I want warm-hot weather, and I want it cheap.

Australia would be awesome, but it's really expensive. Same with New Zealand.

I'm going to retire to England part time in seven years. My gf has her own place in London and that's where we'll live when we're not in the US or in the south of France where her parents own a place.

No language barrier and cheap/easy accessability to the rest of Europe.

The easiest transistion would be Canada. Technically, you can travel over a little bit of sea to get to Newfoundland. :)

I looked at condos online yesterday near the Canadian Rockies and the first one I looked at was 765sq ft. for $355,000. That's all I needed to see.

Plattdeutsch is so much easier. No "der, die, das, den, dem." Plattdeutsch FTW!

It's like living in Alabama. German is already a gutteral language, Plattdeutsch sounds like two pigs ****ing.

I'm a German snob.

I looked at condos online yesterday near the Canadian Rockies and the first one I looked at was 765sq ft. for $355,000. That's all I needed to see.

what's the point of moving to the middle of nowhere to live in a condo on top of other people?

...asked the guy who deliberately lives in Philadelphia.

living in a city is one thing. at least you get the benefit of living like sardines - resturants, shows, sports, etc. but if you're moving to the wilderness i question your sanity for living in a condo building.

Why do people want to live where there are winter's? Eff that! In my perfect world there would be no snow. No wind chill of 10 below. No sleet, no ice storm, no shoveling. No winter tires. No bone rattling cold. Bleh.

Why do people want to live where there are winter's? Eff that! In my perfect world there would be no snow. No wind chill of 10 below. No sleet, no ice storm, no shoveling. No winter tires. No bone rattling cold. Bleh.

Yes to that for once we agree

Have you ever been to San Diego?

I went to school out there, it's a freakin American paradise. Beautiful woman and weather.

I seriously don't think fat people are allowed to live in SD, or maybe since it's so nice all the time people are more active.

I'm going to retire to England part time in seven years. My gf has her own place in London and that's where we'll live when we're not in the US or in the south of France where her parents own a place.

No language barrier and cheap/easy accessability to the rest of Europe.

No contract work in the green zone?

I would live in Germany, specifically in Bavaria. Not even a debate.

The remainder of the Top 5:

Australia, England, New Zealand, Ireland.

From a practical point of view, the simple answer is as Bob said, Canada. Followed by Great Britian, Australia, New Zealand, etc. The language barrier is huge.

My German is rusty, but it wouldn't take long to get back into the swing of things.

Great call. I would live in Germany as well. Loved the country and would love to see a lot more of it. Would hate having to watch NFL games starting at 7pm.

It might be a career move in a few years or a decade. Nice way to ride into retirement.

...asked the guy who deliberately lives in Philadelphia.

:rl:

C'mon down to south-central Texas, garb!

After living in Boston for 20 years, I don't miss any of what you listed. I'm happy to be somewhere with no real winters.:yahoo:

Archived