Holdout Revis done with Jets forever?

SoFlaJets

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry Mr. "Agent". But your posts lack any real insights into this situation. Please go back to your parents basement and wack off to Mr. Belvedere reruns. As a veteran of COUNTLESS HIGH-LEVEL MILLION DOLLAR negotiations I must say that you bring little to the table and have shown yourself to be a fraud.

[MEMO SENT]

Please try real hard not to be a jackass.

What is your point. "whack" is not spelled incorrectly and "parents'" is a plural possessive. That is because they own the basement you live in. You are sad.

{MEMO SENT!]

I think you should try and be a little more tolerant of other poster and stop attacking people. Also I think your over using the "parents basement" line. If your truly that angry and frustrated you should try meditating somewhere quiet. Maybe your parents basement?

With Love

Crusher

What is your point. "whack" is not spelled incorrectly and "parents'" is a plural possessive. That is because they own the basement you live in.

Sorry. Clearly I made this way too complicated.

The kind of woman you wack off too in your parents basement, loser.

The kind of woman you whack off to in your parents' basement, loser.

You attack those who do what you have failed to achieve because their success does not match with your artificial little reality construct.

{MEMO SENT]

Back to the ESL classes, amigo. Don't forget to bring your Venezuelan puta with you. I am sure she is very entertaining, to say the least. :P

Your hatred of free speech is despicable. Why don't you move to North Korea and watch movies with Kim Jong.

I am simply trying to engage in an open and honest discourse on topics that are "conveniently" glossed over by the posters here on Jetnation. Your rudimentary reaction to "silence" your opposition is both predictable and sad.

{MEMO SENT!]

I told myself that I wasn't going to acquiesce this vitriolic subterfuge that you impose upon us. However, my sense of recompense, has once again gotten the best of me. My love of Free Speech is what is fueling my desire to have one of the Mods ban you. See, the thought of inalienable rights exists within the realm of responsibility for those rights. To place this in terms that your vestigial intellect will comprehend, your rights end where another's rights begin.

Given that premise, it can be readily surmised that one who touts free speech must:

be aware of its consequence

be aware of the responsibilities it ordains unto the holder of such a right

and promote the continued enjoyment of such a right by others, in turn creating the free part of the free speech.

You have exhibited not one of those characteristics in any of your posts. You have done quite the contrary.

You are not a "Free Market Champion", you have demonstrated no knowledge on the subject at all.

I find it quite difficult to believe that you are successful in anything you do.

You have portrayed yourself as a pompous a$$ that has a serious inferiority complex that is going to prove to be detrimental to your happiness for some time to come.

In essence, you are a sick and twisted individual who needs help. I know that if you asked for help here, you would probably receive it. The vast majority of these guys and girls are very good hearted people.

The challenge is on you. You can continue to play your charade that nobody is believing, or you can really engage the masses here at Jet Nation.

Unlike you, I am a successful business owner, a libertarian, and a champion of Free Markets. It is really not that difficult to spot a fraud when I come across one.

If you want help, we're here for you, but first you are going to have to establish some integrity for yourself.

No hard feelings meant, quite the contrary. Hopefully, you'll be honest with yourself and you can try this whole jetnation.com thing over.

Just realize, that at the end of the day, the man who is aware of how much he doesn't know, is always more intelligent than the man who thinks he knows everything. Which one are you?

I told myself that I wasn't going to acquiesce this vitriolic subterfuge that you impose upon us. However, my sense of recompense, has once again gotten the best of me. My love of Free Speech is what is fueling my desire to have one of the Mods ban you. See, the thought of inalienable rights exists within the realm of responsibility for those rights. To place this in terms that your vestigial intellect will comprehend, your rights end where another's rights begin.

Given that premise, it can be readily surmised that one who touts free speech must:

be aware of its consequence

be aware of the responsibilities it ordains unto the holder of such a right

and promote the continued enjoyment of such a right by others, in turn creating the free part of the free speech.

You have exhibited not one of those characteristics in any of your posts. You have done quite the contrary.

You are not a "Free Market Champion", you have demonstrated no knowledge on the subject at all.

I find it quite difficult to believe that you are successful in anything you do.

You have portrayed yourself as a pompous a$$ that has a serious inferiority complex that is going to prove to be detrimental to your happiness for some time to come.

In essence, you are a sick and twisted individual who needs help. I know that if you asked for help here, you would probably receive it. The vast majority of these guys and girls are very good hearted people.

The challenge is on you. You can continue to play your charade that nobody is believing, or you can really engage the masses here at Jet Nation.

Unlike you, I am a successful business owner, a libertarian, and a champion of Free Markets. It is really not that difficult to spot a fraud when I come across one.

If you want help, we're here for you, but first you are going to have to establish some integrity for yourself.

No hard feelings meant, quite the contrary. Hopefully, you'll be honest with yourself and you can try this whole jetnation.com thing over.

Just realize, that at the end of the day, the man who is aware of how much he doesn't know, is always more intelligent than the man who thinks he knows everything. Which one are you?

BWAHAHAHA! You must really have spent a long time flipping through the dictionary pasting that response together! Also your lame plagiarism of Socrates is noted as both pathetic and disingenuous.

It is no wonder the Libertarian party has achieved almost nothing in its thirty or so year existence. Now go back to your "business" and make me a pizza! And make sure to wear your gold chain and t shirt.

{MEMO SENT]

Poison pills have not been outlawed, they were recently in a couple tit-for-tat contracts between the Vkings and the Seahawks. And historically, a player of Revis' caliber doesn't reach restricted free agency. Teams will line up to spend those picks on him, especially teams picking in the 20's and later.

They aren't outlawed now. I would anticpate the new CBA making them illegal and in effect by the time Revis becomes a RFA. While what the Patriots did with Wes Welker and the Viking-Seahawk deals were legal under the rules, they certainly weren't within the spirt of the the intent of RFA and I expect that the owners will seek to fix that in the next CBA. I

BWAHAHAHA! You must really have spent a long time flipping through the dictionary pasting that response together! Also your lame plagiarism of Socrates is noted as both pathetic and disingenuous.

It is no wonder the Libertarian party has achieved almost nothing in its thirty or so year existence. Now go back to your "restaurant" and make me a pizza! And make sure to wear your gold chain and t shirt.

{MEMO SENT]

No politics

(MEMO SENT)

It is no wonder the Libertarian party has achieved almost nothing in its thirty or so year existence. Now go back to your "restaurant" and make me a pizza! And make sure to wear your gold chain and t shirt.

{MEMO SENT]

You can't say I didn't try.

Good luck to you. I really mean that. I fear that you're life, even as bad as it really is right now, is only going to get worse.

I wonder what obligations (moral, legal, ethical, etc.) one has when they realize that somebody is indeed insane and capable of harming themselves?

It's only a matter of time before you get banned. I hope, for your sake, you do get the help that you really need.

Plagiarism of Socrates? lol, that's a good one...

Dictionary? lol

It's called having an IQ of 142.

Good luck, really.

You can't say I didn't try.

Good luck to you. I really mean that. I fear that you're life, even as bad as it really is right now, is only going to get worse.

I wonder what obligations (moral, legal, ethical, etc.) one has when they realize that somebody is indeed insane and capable of harming themselves?

It's only a matter of time before you get banned. I hope, for your sake, you do get the help that you really need.

Plagiarism of Socrates? lol, that's a good one...

Dictionary? lol

It's called having an IQ of 142.

Good luck, really.

HAHHAA! Your "IQ" is quite impressive. I suppose Socrates stole that concept from you and not the other way around! You are the original Sophist!

I can only hope YOU receive the help that YOU need. Specifically, I hope that the paragraph-fairy pays you a visit someday!

Have a bad day and a worse life wHacking off to your 'IQ'. Oh and congrats to your Libertarian Party for winning a great victory in some local sheriff election in south dakota! I'm sure it's front page news on the LP site!

YOU FAIL!

[MEMO SENT]

They aren't outlawed now. I would anticpate the new CBA making them illegal and in effect by the time Revis becomes a RFA. While what the Patriots did with Wes Welker and the Viking-Seahawk deals were legal under the rules, they certainly weren't within the spirt of the the intent of RFA and I expect that the owners will seek to fix that in the next CBA. I

Because of the way the dates work in the current CBA and Revis' contract, he'll become a restricted free agent under the current rules. I suppose a new CBA could be in place before he's signed to an offer sheet, but that's far from certain. I think the first poison pill was the one the Jets put in Curtis Martin's offer sheet. The league's had a long time to make them illegal since then, but haven't. I wouldn't count on them doing anything about this next time. They seem a lot more interested in policing the players than each other.

I'm wondering how much of a possible new CBA has been determined thus far. It would be interesting to figure out what is changing, or what might be changing. Does anyone know of any speculation even?

I think the owners have a very good idea of what it's going to look like. They want an 18 game season, and probably a rookie wage scale. They'll be willing to give up their on their desire to reduce the cap for those two items. There will be some thumb wrestling over Franchise, Transition, and RFA tags, but most of that will probably remain the same as it was prior to this uncapped year.

I think the owners have a very good idea of what it's going to look like. They want an 18 game season, and probably a rookie wage scale. They'll be willing to give up their on their desire to reduce the cap for those two items. There will be some thumb wrestling over Franchise, Transition, and RFA tags, but most of that will probably remain the same as it was prior to this uncapped year.

well, that sounds pretty reasonable. I think the biggest concern should be the legal definition of what constitutes an NFL contract. I simply never understood why and how it became to be that the owners could simply "tear up" a contract with a player, and have no obligation to pay them for the full contract. It really shows just how weak the player's union is. A lot of these holdouts could be avoided if the contracts were enforceable on both sides.

While you and I disagree on the inner workings of the Revis situation, I think we probably both see the need to protect more of the players interests in regards to the nature of a player's contract.

Asomugha is guaranteed $28.5million over three years in his deal. The Raiders calculated what it would cost them to keep using the franchise tag the next two years and guaranteed that amount. The last year of his contract (next year) is an option year and we don't actually know what it will cost the Raiders, but my guess is that they will work out a new deal rather than pay him the Franchise-tag price for a QB.

According to PFT, Champ Bailey's cap number is actually higher than Asomugha's.

CB is an important position in the NFL these days and Revis should get paid like one of the best at his position.

HAHHAA! Your "IQ" is quite impressive. I suppose Socrates stole that concept from you and not the other way around! You are the original Sophist!

I can only hope YOU receive the help that YOU need. Specifically, I hope that the paragraph-fairy pays you a visit someday!

Have a bad day and a worse life wHacking off to your 'IQ'. Oh and congrats to your Libertarian Party for winning a great victory in some local sheriff election in south dakota! I'm sure it's front page news on the LP site!

YOU FAIL!

[MEMO SENT]

This is a Jets forum... Take your crap elsewhere!

well, that sounds pretty reasonable. I think the biggest concern should be the legal definition of what constitutes an NFL contract. I simply never understood why and how it became to be that the owners could simply "tear up" a contract with a player, and have no obligation to pay them for the full contract. It really shows just how weak the player's union is. A lot of these holdouts could be avoided if the contracts were enforceable on both sides.

While you and I disagree on the inner workings of the Revis situation, I think we probably both see the need to protect more of the players interests in regards to the nature of a player's contract.

The players have signing bonuses which is their guaranteed money. There's some unfair situations on both sides. A guy like Gholston make millions for doing nothing. If signing bonuses weren't paid out, the Ghost would have been let go last season. If a player is given a $5 million a year salary and then plays like crap, why shouldn't a team be able to cut them loose?

This, except Gilbert was not stupid enough to pull this with 3 years left on his deal.

How many years he has left does not mean a thing. Would it be nice if he honored his contract? Yeah, but he is undoubtedly the best CB in the game and will be for the better part of this decade. As long as he stays healthy.

I find it funny people slam him for dong this when they would do the same thing if the shoe was on their feet.

I find it funny people slam him for dong this when they would do the same thing if the shoe was on their feet.

That's not true at all.

Jets fans are all about honor, not money. 90% of them would happily work for a fraction of their worth in exchange for the high standing involved in honoring a contract.

slats we see eye to eye on most Revis related issues but this is pure conjecture.

18 game season is a negotiating tactic but they don't really know what they are negotiating for. WSJ did a breakdown the revenue increase from 16 to 18 games for ownership is minimal. They already sold the tv, tickets and parking. Its just concessions, merch that might be higher. It's like a 4% increase with a longer season.

the new CBA is a figment of someone's imagination. the owners dont agree on revenue sharing, or a cap. They can't even negotiate with the union in good faith cause they don't have a united platform yet.

i dont think there will be football in 2011. it will be a miracle if they get it together before next Sept. the gaps are huge between these owners on these issues.

i hope he's not done forever. i hope he plays again. but much like no one filibusters anymore because the threat of a filibuster usually accomplishes what the minority party was trying to do, i say let's force revis to filibuster the rest of his contract.

this contract is so unreasonable that you don't want to play? great. then don't play. good luck resuming your career in '13.

The players have signing bonuses which is their guaranteed money. There's some unfair situations on both sides. A guy like Gholston make millions for doing nothing. If signing bonuses weren't paid out, the Ghost would have been let go last season. If a player is given a $5 million a year salary and then plays like crap, why shouldn't a team be able to cut them loose?

I agree 100%!

It just seems like common sense is never applied in a lot of these situations. The accountability should be mutual. It seems like the NFL and NFLPA are trying to reinvent the wheel in the terms of contracts.

Just a hypothetical:

Player A signs contract for X amount of dollars, to guarantee Y performance for Z amount of years.

Team B signs same contract to guarantee X amount of dollars be paid to player A if Y performance is achieved over Z amount of years

If player A does not perform at Y, then player A is in breach of contract and forfeits all rights to X amount of dollars.

Likewise, if Team B cuts player A, then Team B is in breach and still must pay Player A X amount of dollars immediately.

Rather than go on, I think you get the point.

Instead of doing that, the NFL and NFLPA have gotten all cute, and have done so because there is something to gain in doing so.

Really the entire system needs to be dropped. If the NFL and NFLPA would run their business like most businesses are forced to, it would make more sense for all parties involved.

Just my take.

Asomugha is guaranteed $28.5million over three years in his deal. The Raiders calculated what it would cost them to keep using the franchise tag the next two years and guaranteed that amount. The last year of his contract (next year) is an option year and we don't actually know what it will cost the Raiders, but my guess is that they will work out a new deal rather than pay him the Franchise-tag price for a QB.

According to PFT, Champ Bailey's cap number is actually higher than Asomugha's.

CB is an important position in the NFL these days and Revis should get paid like one of the best at his position.

Yes, this contract is an anomaly. You would think the MEvi$ camp knows this and, if truly negotiating in good faith, would not be so hell-bent on using it as their benchmark. Shows you where he is really coming from.

Really the entire system needs to be dropped. If the NFL and NFLPA would run their business like most businesses are forced to, it would make more sense for all parties involved.

it's an interesting idea but crap teams could fiddle with the Y variable to sit talented players to skew performance numbers. but it certainly would be an improvement for the players.

look at it from ownership point of view the current situation is a chokehold. they dont want to change the contract set up cause any change would probably not be in their favor. It's one of the most absurd contracts in all of labor, regardless of industry. Maybe the Backstreet Boys sign worse contracts than NFL players. the Us military contracts are no picnic.

but most workers in other industry that have contracts, have better contracts than NFL players.

it's an interesting idea but crap teams could fiddle with the Y variable to sit talented players to skew performance numbers. but it certainly would be an improvement for the players.

look at it from ownership point of view the current situation is a chokehold. they dont want to change the contract set up cause any change would probably not be in their favor. It's one of the most absurd contracts in all of labor, regardless of industry. Maybe the Backstreet Boys sign worse contracts than NFL players. the Us military contracts are no picnic.

but most workers in other industry that have contracts, have better contracts than NFL players.

I've been involved in some crazy contract negotiations with some off the wall clients. The one thing I can say with conviction, is that there is always a way to word a contract (CBA) to meet the needs of all parties involved. The owners have everything to lose if they don't address the apparent inadequacies in the current arrangement. The union can impose a lockout, and the NFL owners would be better off getting less of something, than all of nothing.

While I disagree with Revis' agents in their demands, I would fully support a union wide holdout by the players if their goal was to address the inherent inequality in contract structuring that exists in the NFL today.

As far as crap teams manipulating the wording of the CBA, there are things that could be done:

word a contract to state that player A is only required to meet performance goals if given a certain amount of playing time. If that playing time is not met than the goals decrease in their levels, etc.

It could be done, and it would be better than what we all have now. It would make the game more enjoyable for fans, by decreasing holdouts. It could be used to protect players, and it actually could increase the owners return on investment by creating a system where performance is awarded, rather than seniority. Better Performance = more payroll = better ticket sales,

I think you see where I'm going...

word a contract to state that player A is only required to meet performance goals if given a certain amount of playing time. If that playing time is not met than the goals decrease in their levels, etc.

That's a great idea, but do you seriously think the NFLPA would agree to something like that?

Archived