Holdout Revis done with Jets forever?

SoFlaJets

All these coherent, factual thoughts, I do not like them. If he sits out this year I like the thought of watching the rest of his career go down the tubes. I like him rotting. I like him flipping burgers at McDonalds.

revis flipping burgers while the d-backs eat cheese burgers during practice

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he holds out this year he'll be fined 2.5 million, so next year he'll have a 5 million deal minus the fines and have to play without any guarantees.

If holds out 2 years he'll owe the the Jets 5 million and again play w/o any guaranteed $$ and unless they change the rules we can franchise him the following year.

On top of those fines, is he not responsible for returning a portion of his signing bonus?

The faster Jets fan realize this fag isn't signing, the better. Move on, I honestly think this is going to be motivation for our defense the entire season. They're going to prove that we don't NEED Revis. I'm just pretending he died to be honest.

If Revis isn't on the field next Monday night, he will not be a Jet ever again. I'm sure of this. If you give it some thought, you will see why. No way he can show his face on the field if the Jets are in panic mode from getting beat in the secondary and putting the Jets into a hole. His image is damaged right now, and a couple of secondary breakdowns and Jets losses from his selfish hold outs and that would be the finishing touches on booting his a$$ right out of town.

Do a little research on your NFL history. Look up a guy named Emmitt Smith. Then get back to us.

Emmitt drove the bus. MEvi$ doesn't. Completely different situations. MEvi$ is a gnat on an elephant's a$$ in terms of impact compared to Smith in his prime. Che stronzo!

And what would Emmitt have been with out his O-line?

bitonti?

I work in the industry, so here is my 2 cents on the situation.

Revis isn't completely in the wrong, his agents are retarded and give the rest of us a bad rep. At this point in time Revis is sitting at home, he has control over the situation but based on my history with situations like this he isn't using any of it, this is completely on the agents. They told him to go home, to sit and they will take care of it. Revis, like any good client, is listening because unfortunately he is under the impression that these guys have his best interests at heart. His agents are trying to make a statement, they are middle of the road guys and this offseason they decided that with VJax and Revis they were going to catapult themselves into the cream of the crop conversation in one dramatic swoop.

They are scum and instead of doing what they had anticipated they are instead hurting their chances now to get future clients, which is fine with me.

Here is what I would do if i were Tanny. PULL THE OFFER. Pull the offer and when he misses the first game, send an offer for a lower amount, when he misses the second game, pull the offer and send an offer for a lower amount. Then tell his agents to please relay this message to Revis. Every game you miss your offer goes down, we will NOT trade you, you are under contract with the New York Jets for the next 4 years, if you wish to play football in this league in this league over that period of time it will be for this team or for no team, if you want to ruin your career in swoop that is on you, but if you dont play until you are 27 then what could have been a Hall of Fame career will be nothing and no one will remember your name. If you sit out this year, your offer goes down a lot.

Again, his agents are running this not Revis, yes he can say enough is enough, but these guys are good agents, they have convinced Revis this is the right thing to do and that it will be handled and taken care of. He has outplayed his contract, he deserves a better one, he deserves to be paid for what he is, the best CB in the game and a key component to a hopefully Championship Defense, but at the same time with Cromartie, Harris, Edwards and Holmes all due for contracts next year the Jets have to do what is best for the team. I know we could trade him and get a nice return, but this needs to be more than that, this needs to be about putting 2 agents who think they are better than they really are in their place (I may be biased a little). If I were running this negotiation from Revis's side I would compromise on a deal worth 130 with anywhere between 45-55 million fully guaranteed. If he were to blow his knee out tomorrow the jets would owe him about 5.5 million a year, which isnt too bad of a hit and can still be adjusted, deferred and renegotiated.

Just my 2 cents. I think the deal will get done this week and Revis will play week 1 but if it doesn't then I hope Tanny pulls the offer and shuts these agents up.

Revis isn't completely in the wrong, his agents are retarded and give the rest of us a bad rep. At this point in time Revis is sitting at home, he has control over the situation but based on my history with situations like this he isn't using any of it, this is completely on the agents. They told him to go home, to sit and they will take care of it. Revis, like any good client, is listening because unfortunately he is under the impression that these guys have his best interests at heart. His agents are trying to make a statement, they are middle of the road guys and this offseason they decided that with VJax and Revis they were going to catapult themselves into the cream of the crop conversation in one dramatic swoop.

They are scum and instead of doing what they had anticipated they are instead hurting their chances now to get future clients, which is fine with me.

Here is what I would do if i were Tanny. PULL THE OFFER. Pull the offer and when he misses the first game, send an offer for a lower amount, when he misses the second game, pull the offer and send an offer for a lower amount. Then tell his agents to please relay this message to Revis. Every game you miss your offer goes down, we will NOT trade you, you are under contract with the New York Jets for the next 4 years, if you wish to play football in this league in this league over that period of time it will be for this team or for no team, if you want to ruin your career in swoop that is on you, but if you dont play until you are 27 then what could have been a Hall of Fame career will be nothing and no one will remember your name. If you sit out this year, your offer goes down a lot.

Again, his agents are running this not Revis, yes he can say enough is enough, but these guys are good agents, they have convinced Revis this is the right thing to do and that it will be handled and taken care of. He has outplayed his contract, he deserves a better one, he deserves to be paid for what he is, the best CB in the game and a key component to a hopefully Championship Defense, but at the same time with Cromartie, Harris, Edwards and Holmes all due for contracts next year the Jets have to do what is best for the team. I know we could trade him and get a nice return, but this needs to be more than that, this needs to be about putting 2 agents who think they are better than they really are in their place (I may be biased a little). If I were running this negotiation from Revis's side I would compromise on a deal worth 130 with anywhere between 45-55 million fully guaranteed. If he were to blow his knee out tomorrow the jets would owe him about 5.5 million a year, which isnt too bad of a hit and can still be adjusted, deferred and renegotiated.

Just my 2 cents. I think the deal will get done this week and Revis will play week 1 but if it doesn't then I hope Tanny pulls the offer and shuts these agents up.

But did you play professional sports?

Finally, someone I agree with!

Just to add to my previous statement, eventually Revis will get involved. Right now the Agents are paying Revis. Every fine Revis has paid, the agent is reimbursing him out of his own pocket (I think the total is just over 500K right now). Eventually the Agents wont have enough money and eventually Revis's competitive nature will take over. The agents needs this thing to be done soon because they can't afford it. I hope Revis fires his agents over this, because I don't think he fully realizes how bad they are messing up these negotiations.

If I were running this negotiation from Revis's side I would compromise on a deal worth 130 with anywhere between 45-55 million fully guaranteed. If he were to blow his knee out tomorrow the jets would owe him about 5.5 million a year, which isnt too bad of a hit and can still be adjusted, deferred and renegotiated.

what would be the up front bonus you'd accept as revis' agent? i think this is the sticking point. Jets want to have rolling guaruntees like Brick and Mangold and very small bonus up front. a player like Revis has to be worth a big check up front right? 8? 10 mil?

if a salary is guarunteed and there's no football (lockout 2011) it's an empty promise.

And what would Emmitt have been with out his O-line?

bitonti?

emmitt smith was more than just a running back. just like revis is more than a cornerback. I've never played Pro ball. but i've played HS and College, and if your team's best player isn't there, it's a blow to the whole locker room. Just knowing that dude is out there makes you play better. Losing that guy is a punch to the gut.

Football coaches say it's a team game and it's not about 1 guy. That's bullsh*t. They are telling themselves lies to sleep at night. It's about a few players. Sanchez yes is one of those guys. Revis is the Sanchez of the defense. And the defense is better than the offense. Do that math, he's their best player and their first 3 games are Boldin, Randy Moss and Brandon Marshall. what is the average yearly income for those 3 guys? Revis should lock them down for no money down? I don't think so.

It might sound like crap but trust me, football is a game of confidence and momentum. the difference between these NFL teams isn't pure talent it's about what these men believe they can accomplish. With Revis they can accomplish anything. Without him... it's all good until a #1 WR starts popping off. then the wheels fall off. this offense without holmes can't come from behind and it doesn't matter if no one can stop the #1 Wr. It's a dangerous game and the Jets are valuing money over wins.

what would be the up front bonus you'd accept as revis' agent? i think this is the sticking point. Jets want to have rolling guaruntees like Brick and Mangold and very small bonus up front. a player like Revis has to be worth a big check up front right? 8? 10 mil?

if a salary is guarunteed and there's no football (lockout 2011) it's an empty promise.

Yes I would want more up front money, but would be willing to sacrifice upfront money for fully guaranteed money, because no matter what it is coming to you. The agents want upfront money so they can get paid more immediately and probably attempt to pour it back into future clients and building their business, which I can't fault them on, I am doing the same thing. 8-10 isnt unreasonable, but I would take 6.5-7.5 it meant 55 million in fully guaranteed money.

Don't worry there will be no lockout, and I am sure that there will be language in any contract right now specifically dealing with that issue. i would want a lock clause that guaranteed me most if not all of the money in the immediate seasons following the lockout. But I do not think it is a realistic scenario for a lockout. NFL brings in too much money for everyone involved and especially with an 18 game season. The sticking point in negotiations is going to be injury money and guaranteed salaries with injuries and when a team can cut players with injuries and what it will cost the team.

8-10 isnt unreasonable, but I would take 6.5-7.5 it meant 55 million in fully guaranteed money.

hypothetically, Jets offering 5 up front 40 guaranteed for 10 years. Gun to your head do you take that deal?

I dont fault the agents. Deion Sanders made all pro 6x, Revis doesn't have 10 great years left in him. He could have another 5 amazing years. The numbers aren't great from the Jets side.

Good post.

Rep

hypothetically, Jets offering 5 up front 40 guaranteed for 10 years. Gun to your head do you take that deal?

I dont fault the agents. Deion Sanders made all pro 6x, Revis doesn't have 10 great years left in him. He could have another 5 amazing years. The numbers aren't great from the Jets side.

5 up front for only 40 million guaranteed of what I am assuming is a 125-130 total contract over 10 I dont like. I would take 5 up front if they gave me 50 million fully guaranteed at 130. It would make total compensation for this season to be the highest paid CB and then Namdi's deal ends and he won't get that much again because he won't have a senial man giving him a ridiculous backloaded contract.

Gevis has IMHO at least 6 great years ahead of him, over the life of a 10 year deal for the team, you are going to get your return and lets be honest, this deal will get renegotiated again, as skill level increases/decreases, contracts rise or fall, salary cap adjustments, etc. so by the team Revis's productive years are over, you will be ready to renegotiate again.

their first 3 games are Boldin, Randy Moss and Brandon Marshall. what is the average yearly income for those 3 guys? Revis should lock them down for no money down? I don't think so.

Randy Moss will earn $6.4 million this year under contract he signed after breaking Rice's record. Or about a million more than avg Revis would make over the next three years under his current rookie contract, considerably less than than what the Jets have offered Revis and about $10 million less than what Revis is demanding.

I don't know about the other 2.

Revis isn't completely in the wrong, his agents are retarded and give the rest of us a bad rep.

I completely tuned you out after this part, I just kept knodding my head over and over as I read the rest in trance. You could have been calling my mother names or cursing my first born. It didn't matter. I will try to re-read the entire thing again as I am sure it gets better. Electronic High Five.

Archived