So, who do you hate more?

DolfanTom

Just curious, who do you guys hate more? Dolphins (and their fans), or Patriots (and their fans)?

I can tell you, for me, it's clearly the Jets. Has been ever since I can remember, even w/ the recent Pats success. Even in the early '90s when I couldn't stand the Bills, the Jets hatred was there.

I would guess it's the Dolphins for you guys, but I can't speak for you, so let me know what you think. I know my very good friend and neighbor - a Jets fan - won't even come over Sunday to watch because as he said "we like you guys, and I don't want to do something stupid that would make us hate each other."

Fair enough, we'll just text each other to taunt then.

What say you Jets fans?

The Dolphins hate simply runs deeper here. Even Rex has bought into that; you don't see him flipping off New England fans or picking fights with their players. We hate New England because they're successful. We hate Miami because we feel the team and their fans are despicable, and also because of the Marino days that still give some of the older crowd here nightmares.

The latter will always be true, while the hate for the Pats will end the moment they end their domination over the AFC East. The funny part is that New England fans have always seemed jealous that Jets and Dolphin fans hate each other more. Who are they going to call their arch-rival then, the Bills? The Colts, who are no longer in the AFC East?

The Dolphins hate simply runs deeper here. Even Rex has bought into that; you don't see him flipping off New England fans or picking fights with their players. We hate New England because they're successful. We hate Miami because we feel the team and their fans are despicable, and also because of the Marino days. The latter will always be true, while the hate for the Pats will end the moment they end their domination over the AFC East.

Yeah, I think that's it exactly, both ways. I'm sure for the Dolfans in SoFla, it's that way because of all the GD New Yorkers that move down there - just makes it worse.

For me, it's just growing up in an area where the Jets are huge, plus, of the three AFC East teams, it's the one team that we've never dominated historically. Going way back, we've always had overall success against the Pats and Bills (heck, an entire decade!), but the Jets have always been even or even slightly ahead of us, no matter what, and it always peeved me when I was young.

And it's always the fans too - the way they overreact and always seem to expect the Superbowl in every offseason. Very much like Met fans too (which I'm one :( ). And knowing personally how Mets fans are, I guess that peeves me even more!

Tangent - I was at a Mets game back in May, they came back to win after trailing the Nats 6-2 in the 8th. Walking back to the LIRR train afterwards, there were other euphoric Mets fans around us, slapping high fives and what not. Then, one goes to me, "alright, tell me - Giants or Jets?" I laugh, look at my dad and brother and smirk, then proudly say, "Neither - Dolphins!!"

You should have seen the look on this kid's face (he was a Jets fan)!

I've hated the Dolphans and their fans for as long as I've been a Jet fan (close to 30 yrs). It's mainly historical based.

I only started hating the Pats & their fans since the start of the 2004 season when the bandwagon Pat fans became entrenched and started believing they were smarter than everyone else simple because their team won 2 SBs at the time.

Up through the 2003 season the Pats were a great story. Then the team and their fans became a bunch of dicks.

I've hated the Dolphans and their fans for as long as I've been a Jet fan (close to 30 yrs). It's mainly historical based.

I only started hating the Pats & their fans since the start of the 2004 season when the bandwagon Pat fans became entrenched and started believing they were smarter than everyone else simple because their team won 2 SBs at the time.

Up through the 2003 season the Pats were a great story. Then the team and their fans became a bunch of dicks.

Same as many Red Sawx fans. The only difference is they were real fans long before, unlike Pats fans.

Shouldve known the trolls would start their sh!t. I hate the Dolphins more because their fans are so f-cking annoying. Patriots fans are arrogant but they dont piss me off as much as the Phins.

I hate the vomit colored teal and neon orange unis, they are by far the worst uniforms in the entire NFL. Hate the Phins.

Shouldve known the trolls would start their sh!t. I hate the Dolphins more because their fans are so f-cking annoying. Patriots fans are arrogant but they dont piss me off as much as the Phins.

I hate the vomit colored teal and neon orange unis, they are by far the worst uniforms in the entire NFL. Hate the Phins.

Not a troll, am genuinely curious. I had a hunch, seems it was confirmed!

A troll just comes in to piss people off. Fail to see how I'm doing that.

Great question and awesome answers. Had to copy and paste some of them and sent to my email sports discussion group. And the good thing about this is that it will piss the hatriot fans off.

Pats fans hate being branded as bandwagon!!!

Funny, until the Pats started winning SBs, I used to describe the Pats as "a Fall diversion for Red Sox fans"

Just curious, who do you guys hate more? Dolphins (and their fans), or Patriots (and their fans)?

I can tell you, for me, it's clearly the Jets. Has been ever since I can remember, even w/ the recent Pats success. Even in the early '90s when I couldn't stand the Bills, the Jets hatred was there.

I would guess it's the Dolphins for you guys, but I can't speak for you, so let me know what you think. I know my very good friend and neighbor - a Jets fan - won't even come over Sunday to watch because as he said "we like you guys, and I don't want to do something stupid that would make us hate each other."

Fair enough, we'll just text each other to taunt then.

What say you Jets fans?

Hate the Pats more than the Dolphins.

Hate the Dolphins fans more than the Pats fans.

Pats fans are simply more capable of having open football discussions as opposed to thumping their chests about things that really aren't that impressive.

Pats fans hate being branded as bandwagon!!!

Funny, until the Pats started winning SBs, I used to describe the Pats as "a Fall diversion for Red Sox fans"

I don't think half of today's Pats fans even realize that they were close not that long to losing them.

Most of the regular Pats fans here though are ok and have been around a really long time and know their sh!t.

As far as who I hate more. No doubt the fish. That goes a lonnnng way back.

Hate Shula

Hate Duhe

Hate Marino

HATE, HATE, HATE

BTW F the Fish

Pats fans are simply more capable of having open football discussions as opposed to thumping their chests about things that really aren't that impressive.

+100

In terms of the two teams it's easily the Pats, with BB and Brady. Then you throw in some of the scumbags they've had over the years - Harrison who still talks sh*t, Seymour who was a dirty player, Wilfork who IS a dirty player etc.

Then the spygate thing and all that, seriously hate that group.

Fans? Well over here in the UK it's the fairweather Patriot fans that know only Tom Brady. In terms of posting on these boards, it's the Dolphins.

Probably Pats. I'm too young to have seen Marino in his prime and the Pats have been on top of the division for what feels like forever. The Dolphins are catching up though, what with the end of the Pats dynasty and the last few games where they barely beat us. I feel like the division is going to come down to us and Miami, unless Bilichick decides he wants to play defense again.

I was only able to closely follow the Jets in the last 10yrs or so. In that period, the Patriots have been more painful.

I think Dolphins-hate must come from the Marino era, where we got hosed more than once. Since I never watched it, it doesn't affect me much. I can see why Dolphins people may not like the Jets for similar marino-esque reasons. In the last decade, I think the Dolphins have had more than one 10-win season that denied them the playoffs. I'd understandably hate another team in my division that got in when we didn't (with 10 wins).

That's more what I meant. "Hate" is a relative term.

Hate is a strong word. But in this case its appropriate. I hate the Miami Dolphins and most of their fans. I say "most" because one of my good friends is a Miami fan. I can forgive that rather large blemish as long as I get to make fun of him constantly.

There is a delusional quality to the Fins fans that make me sad for them.

I hate the Pats, but I at least respect them (besides spygate) Plus, I don't like their fans but they are at least reasonable.

I $&*&*%&*%# DESPISE the Dolphins and their fans that I come into contact are 100% more OBNOXIOUS and INSANE than Pats fans. There's like 1 or 2 O.K., but the rest are $&*%&*% annoying and if you notice, the Dolphins fans at nfl.com have to come over to our game thread EVERY WEEK to talk junk when they have no reason to... Pats fans stop by only once in awhile and aren't total douchebags.

Who do I hate more? DOLPHINS by a mile.

I hate the Pats, but I at least respect them (besides spygate) Plus, I don't like their fans but they are at least reasonable.

I $&*&*%&*%# DESPISE the Dolphins and their fans that I come into contact are 100% more OBNOXIOUS and INSANE than Pats fans. There's like 1 or 2 O.K., but the rest are $&*%&*% annoying and if you notice, the Dolphins fans at nfl.com have to come over to our game thread EVERY WEEK to talk junk when they have no reason to... Pats fans stop by only once in awhile and aren't total douchebags.

Who do I hate more? DOLPHINS by a mile.

What's funny about this is this is EXACTLY what Dolfans say about Jets fans. Priceless!!!

Personally, I hate the Dolphins as a team more than the Pats (likely a function of being a little older), but your point about their respective fans is spot on...

Pats' fans may be arrogant, but at least they have a reason to be. They have actually enjoyed some success this decade. Every time the Dolphins make it to the playoffs, they crumble.

pats* because I hate cocky cheatahs who act like they didn't cheat

raiders cuz of the 60's stuff and, oh yeah I hate teams where the motto is "cheating is encouraged"

miami cuz of the division rivalry, they haven't won dick in decades, so they really aren't a threat

Archived