Rex wants more noise from us

Weeb

Here are some highlights below from his press conference....To be fair to the fans who were at the GB game (I was one of them), this would be a non topic if the team wouldn't have been shut out at home. Its time for the team to play better at home, we have been very supportive for 3 of the 4 home games. How about the team live up to their end? Sorry guys, left a little of a bad taste in my mouth. Am I looking at this the wrong way?

“A lot’s been made of the fact that we’re 5-0 on the road and 2-2 at home — and that’s not sitting well with our fans, it’s not sitting well with our team, any of us,” the Jets head coach said. “And we’re going to make this a homefield advantage.”

“This” definitely referred to New Meadowlands Stadium for the rest of this season, into the playoffs and into the future, but “this” also meant the very next home game of that future, Sunday when the Jets entertain up-and-down Houston. And Ryan said the goal, as it always is but as it particularly is for the Texans, will be to “start fast, finish strong, make it miserable.”

“I’m asking our fans — and they always give this to us — to start tailgating a little earlier, and by the time the introductions come, we gotta have a butt in every seat. I think it’s going to show the commitment we have for each other, the team, the fans and all that.

“Quite honestly, we haven’t started fast in particular at home, so I’m challenging our fans, I’m challenging everybody, myself included, to start fast. And we do that by getting a little charge going even at the introductions. Let ‘em know we’re there. We’re going to let Houston know we’re here and our fans will also.”

God it makes me sick to see this kind of stuff. Because of being in the military I haven't had a chance to go to more than a handful of Jet games in my life but every effing time I go there are THOUSANDS of empty seats at kick off. THOUSANDS. That's why I laugh when Jets employees spew the usual "we have the best fans in the league" crap. I mean, honestly...how dedicated is a fan base if it's that important to drink beer instead of going to actually watch your team play? I think I've only been to five or six games but you can bet you a$$ I was in my seat screaming my head off when the game started. I love the Jets and there are a lot of fans on this board that bleed green. As a whole though, Jets fans are near the bottom of the league in terms of giving a sh*t.

people tailgate longer and later because of the rediculous price of food and beer inside the stadium. Then they all rush to get into a stadium that is a crowd control nightmare, and have to slowly ooze up through the concourses and ramps that are so packed with concessions they can barely move. And many, thus, are late for kickoff.

They priced out some of their fan base, the ridiculous concession costs associated with going to a game mean some people are going to maximize their tailgating. I haven't been to the new stadium but I heard that tailgaters have longer distances to travel to get into the stadium than we used to... And honestly tailgating rocks.

people tailgate longer and later because of the rediculous price of food and beer inside the stadium. Then they all rush to get into a stadium that is a crowd control nightmare, and have to slowly ooze up through the concourses and ramps that are so packed with concessions they can barely move. And many, thus, are late for kickoff.

I guess it just boils down to what your priority is for that day. Any time I've gone to the game, the #1 objective when I get up that day is to see every single second of the game. That's why I grab a sandwich and drink to enjoy on my way to the stadium and I only stop for food/drink outside the stadium or at concessions if I'm there early enough. If it's even close, I let the food I ate en route hold me over and get to my seat.

As a 30 yr ticket holder I agree with Rex. I personally saw every snap whether up by 20 or down by 20. Got there super early to get my tailgate fill. I never understood alot of the fans . They seemed to casual. But its tough to be loud and will you team to win when you get blanked at home.

G'luck with getting noise going Rex...You'll get it in bursts...that's the best we got right now...kinda like the Jets and good play.

Hopefully the jets win on Sunday and the jets fans become 3 time noise making champs on the year.

I guess it just boils down to what your priority is for that day. Any time I've gone to the game, the #1 objective when I get up that day is to see every single second of the game. That's why I grab a sandwich and drink to enjoy on my way to the stadium and I only stop for food/drink outside the stadium or at concessions if I'm there early enough. If it's even close, I let the food I ate en route hold me over and get to my seat.

Yes I am never late. I like watching warm ups and the player intros is a must see.

... monday night miracle did ... and that was even after 1/3rd of you jokers left B);) ..l_j_r

I stayed until the end...If Rex and the NYJETS want people in their seats they need to give them a reason. Do a give-a-way and word it the first 50k fans in the stadium get a free JETS sticker or Innaugural patch. Many will give up that free beer for a free item.

I stayed until the end...If Rex and the NYJETS want people in their seats they need to give them a reason. Do a give-a-way and word it the first 50k fans in the stadium get a free JETS sticker or Innaugural patch. Many will give up that free beer for a free item.

... maybe 1st 50k get an admission pass to flight crew performing in gate D spiral at halftime! :Loveheart: ...

l_j_r

Rather than imploring the fans to come in early, maybe Rex should be talking to Woody about having a happy hour at the concession stands from 11:30-12:30.

Both good ideas to get fans in the stadium and in their seats earlier.

As a remote fan who watches all the games on TV, its definitely noticeable and frustrating that nobody takes their seats for kick off. But, I'm a remote fan who doesnt have season tickets, so who am I to complain?

People complain about the price of beer, but can you imagine what weed would cost in the stadium? You're better off at home.

People complain about the price of beer, but can you imagine what weed would cost in the stadium? You're better off at home.

Ha! I like watching live games though. I'm a big fan actually. You see so much more of the field and whats going on than you can on TV. That why I got a lot of Gators game and also will go to the Jags game if it doesnt coincide with a Jets game.

I'm a huge fan of live Football...kinda of like live Music.

You stayed until the end?

What an idiot. They were getting creamed.

Beating the traffic was the right move.

You stayed until the end?

What an idiot. They were getting creamed.

Beating the traffic was the right move.

Yes im an idiot, but I personally witnessed what was the best comeback ever in the NFL. How about you?

Heres Rex Ryan asking fans to get in the stadium for introductions.

http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/2010/11/jets_coach_rex_ryan_asks_for_f.html

Archived