look at what Steeler Nation thinks about Jets fans

JOJOTOWNSELL

Great Football Town

noun

[grāt / fu̇t-bȯl / tau̇n]

1 : A city whose equal-parts-hipster-and-peckerwood fans believe that all other sports fans are as interested in their team as they are.

ex.

Yinz Jet fans hur bout dem Polymaly pick-6?

2 : A city whose football team is sufficiently successful to cause sorority girls to post HERE WE GO on their Facebook profiles in between Glee lyrics and Love Actually quotes.

ex.

Steeeeeelers Sunday!! Gonnna be a great wknd!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jet fans are about the most bipolar fans in the world.

At 1-1 and tied for second place for the AFCE you were an unstoppable force and the award of the Lombardi was a mere formality, as you doubt the team will lose a single other game this year. Mark Sanchez is already a first round HOF. At 9-4 with a two game lead on the wild card you done want to draft a new QB and fire the coach and don't believe you win another game this season.

Has any Jets fan ever looked at the team and said, "there pretty good, not the best in the league, but pretty decent?" Its always they are the best team in the league or utter crap.

At 1-1 and tied for second place for the AFCE you were an unstoppable force and the award of the Lombardi was a mere formality, as you doubt the team will lose a single other game this year. Mark Sanchez is already a first round HOF. At 9-4 with a two game lead on the wild card you done want to draft a new QB and fire the coach and don't believe you win another game this season.

Has any Jets fan ever looked at the team and said, "there pretty good, not the best in the league, but pretty decent?" Its always they are the best team in the league or utter crap.

Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away, Pats fans were the same way.

Great Football Town

noun

1 : A city whose equal-parts-hipster-and-peckerwood fans believe that all other sports fans are as interested in their team as they are.

ex.

2 : A city whose football team is sufficiently successful to cause sorority girls to post HERE WE GO on their Facebook profiles in between Glee lyrics and Love Actually quotes.

ex.

I wanna make this my Facebook status.

Great Football Town

noun

ex.

ex.

This is super-genius stuff. LOL!

Its because we celebrate the battles knowing we'll never win the war.

GFY

Someone needs to find this man and punch him straight between the eyes? Jets fans dont know what its like to stick with their teams through rough times? WTF??? Show me a time in my 30 years of being a Jets fan that wasnt a rough time.

******* moron. Team has how many SB's and they are talking about sticking with their team through tough times? **** him. I'm tempted to create an account just to respond to this comment.

Yeah seriously. I couldn't believe I read that from a Steelers fan. That fan base has NEVER had their resolve tested. The fact that they equate one single five game losing streak sandwiched between a SB Championship and a season in which they are 10-3 as proof of their loyalty is completely laughable.

It's the fans that weather years of mediocrity and laughing stock status that deserve the most respect, not the front runners.

That sounds about right. Alot like Red Sox Nation before 2004.

I think Jets fans want to win a championship so badly that the minute things start going heywire the flames and pitchforks come out.

Super Bowl ? Heck I would be happy right now hosting an AFC title game once. Just to experience it.

The evidence against Schotty is damming though. In all 4 losses they Jets offense has not scored a touchdown. In their three losses at home the Defense has given up a total of 29 points in those three games.

Sorry but if the Pats went through something like that my guess is that you would be looking for someone's head as well.

That city is tough as nails and I respect anyone who's had to grow up there. Their fans are fine. But what kills me is when other fans including our own talk about other fans from other teams and complain how their not real fans because they don't continually blow smoke up their a$$ even when their team sucks. Be real and honest and leave the 5th grade blind homerism out the door. "Blah blah blah I stood by this team even when they sucked." Well, so have the rest of us, but I'm not gonna pretend to praise sh*t performances. And let me ask that same Steeler fan who wants to judge a Jet fan on loyalty and let me ask that same fan how many Pirate games they've seen over the last 10-15 years. I would bet it sounds something like, "Er, I don't even like baseball anymore, er, I never really liked it."

pittsburgh is actually a nice city

They've done an amazing job rebuilding it. It's still a very strange place to me though, I've only been a few times and it's always in the fall-winter but... the tunnels and old bridges and dirty rivers and all the little towns on the rivers that still look identical to like, all the right moves or deer hunter or other movies from like 40 years ago. I always feel depressed when I'm there. Always feel very isolated. God bless the people who live there, imo. I couldn't do it.

That sounds about right. Alot like Red Sox Nation before 2004.

I think Jets fans want to win a championship so badly that the minute things start going heywire the flames and pitchforks come out.

Super Bowl ? Heck I would be happy right now hosting an AFC title game once. Just to experience it.

The evidence against Schotty is damming though. In all 4 losses they Jets offense has not scored a touchdown. In their three losses at home the Defense has given up a total of 29 points in those three games.

Sorry but if the Pats went through something like that my guess is that you would be looking for someone's head as well.

Your Red Sox comment is probably not too far off the mark. I don't follow the Sox closely. Not really much of a baseball fan although if I have to pick a team, clearly its the Sox. (Calling me a bandwagon Sox fan would not be inaccurate.) I do recall Sox fans saying that the team could blow a 6 game lead with 5 games left in the season.

I think Jets fans and Sox fans both overemphasis a small number of games. With the Sox its the Yankees. With the Jets its the Pats and Fins. Not that division games aren't a bit more important 'cause they are. And I did enjoy the MNF game a bit more than some other regular season wins. But the week 2 loss wasn't really any different than the loss to the Browns. I think the "this is our superbowl" mantra is unhealthy. The Superbowl is played in February not Sept or December. The Jets season didn't end on MNF anymore than the Patriots season ended week 2.

Giving up on a team that is on the cusp of making the playoffs is just silly. The purpose of the season is to get a ticket to the second season. Teams have won the big game from a wildcard spot.

But I do think Sox fans are a bit more balanced in their assessment of players. It seems that almost every Jets player (in the minds of Jet fans) is either someone who deserves to go to the pro-bowl or is someone who should get cut. There aren't many pretty good or decent players on the Jets squad. Either elite or utter crap.

I wish they were pretty decent. Luckily Ive been off the bandwagon all season and didnt believe the hype of this team.

Yeah seriously. I couldn't believe I read that from a Steelers fan. That fan base has NEVER had their resolve tested. The fact that they equate one single five game losing streak sandwiched between a SB Championship and a season in which they are 10-3 as proof of their loyalty is completely laughable.

It's the fans that weather years of mediocrity and laughing stock status that deserve the most respect, not the front runners.

Steeler fans are the scum of the earth when it comes to NFL fan bases. The Pats and Jets made the same amount of playoff appearances in the 80's as the Steelers. I didn't hear a peep from them in that decade.

I have been to Pittsburgh a few times for work and the City gets a bad rap as it's not a sh*thole. On the other hand I have been there for Steelers games and those people turn into the most abusive d-bags you have ever seen. They can all go eat a bag of dicks.

F the Steelers.

yeah, keep fighting amongst yourselves!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=64096

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*2 td's in 30 redzone trips, the steelers aren't exactly lighting up the score boards either.

*Wow, that place should have police caution tape wrapped all over it. Those Jets fans sure are preparing for a murder. Man, they have no clue what it's like to stick with their team and be hopeful through rough times. Hell, last season during our 5 game pathetic defensive stretch, we had 8 pages of how we can still make the playoffs! Down to the last game we held strong as fans. That's what separates Steelers fans over any other fan that's not worth mentioning.

*both teams have given their fans reason for heart attacks all year with close victories and last second plays. It would be fitting for a close game and then someone to win at th end.

*our offense plays downright horrible against good defenses. you can almost guarantee we'll be averaging less than 3 YPC on Sunday. it will be on Ben to make plays.

*i don't know how anyone can think this will be a runaway. this game has all the makings of a Steelers-Ravens type game... low scoring and it will probably take a big play late in the game by either team to win it.

*I'm over there causing hell. Tried to keep it civil until they wanted to be rude and only want to talk about Ben. The gloves are off and I'm slaughtering every which way. Bad mistake Jets fans, bad mistake you lame -a$$ stepchilds of N.Y. They have as big of mouths as they do their fat tub of lard head coach.

*I think the Jets are still a real good team though. They've beat a lot of bad teams but they also have beaten the Patriots this season. I'm not saying they are great, but with as many great players as they have, any week they could just "click" and play like a top notch team. That being said, they struggle with good defenses. They did horrible against Baltimore. The Patriots defense is said to be "not that good" but they almost shut out the Jets and the Bears so I'd say there defense is pretty decent, and last time around the Jets only scored 3 points on them.

my god

being the trendiest team in the world to follow, hence why have an enormous obnoxious fanbase who have never stepped foot in the sh*t hole of a city

this made me smile!

Greetings from Steeltown to the Jets fans. First off, rest assured I jump on no bandwagon. I'm a middle aged guy who has followed the Steelers since the days they played in Pitt Stadium (even before Three Rivers which is since torn down). I was a fan of my team when they were the dormat of the NFL. I've seen terrible times and great ones and I appreciate the loyalty of fans who stay with their teams despite how they play. I was a fan of the Jets when Broadway Joe from my neighborhood talked the talk AND walked the walk. I'd love to see your team return to its past glory and reward those fans who have suffered long and hard during the lean times. I think you are on the right track. You have players who can get the job done, but they need to learn how to win the tough games. They will. As for Steeler fans jumping on the bandwagon, sure, all successful sports teams have that. If you rise them away from my team, we still have a fan base worldwide that will stay loyal no matter what the circumstances. We're not one of America's more fashionable cities. We are a bunch of hard working stiffs who had parents who sweated in steel mills that long closed down and they kicked their kids out into the world into other areas of the nation looking for a better life. Many found it, taking up residence here and there but always, they took with them the loyalty their parents instilled in them for their football team. Don't hate us for that. Instead, try to do the same. You got a hard core fan base that can do the same and reading these boards makes me wish you win all your games...except the one you will play this Sunday. Good luck Jets fans. You do indeed deserve better times and I see them coming. I wish you all well.

Greetings from Steeltown to the Jets fans. First off, rest assured I jump on no bandwagon. I'm a middle aged guy who has followed the Steelers since the days they played in Pitt Stadium (even before Three Rivers which is since torn down). I was a fan of my team when they were the dormat of the NFL. I've seen terrible times and great ones and I appreciate the loyalty of fans who stay with their teams despite how they play. I was a fan of the Jets when Broadway Joe from my neighborhood talked the talk AND walked the walk. I'd love to see your team return to its past glory and reward those fans who have suffered long and hard during the lean times. I think you are on the right track. You have players who can get the job done, but they need to learn how to win the tough games. They will. As for Steeler fans jumping on the bandwagon, sure, all successful sports teams have that. If you rise them away from my team, we still have a fan base worldwide that will stay loyal no matter what the circumstances. We're not one of America's more fashionable cities. We are a bunch of hard working stiffs who had parents who sweated in steel mills that long closed down and they kicked their kids out into the world into other areas of the nation looking for a better life. Many found it, taking up residence here and there but always, they took with them the loyalty their parents instilled in them for their football team. Don't hate us for that. Instead, try to do the same. You got a hard core fan base that can do the same and reading these boards makes me wish you win all your games...except the one you will play this Sunday. Good luck Jets fans. You do indeed deserve better times and I see them coming. I wish you all well.

I bet JiF feels like a dick after reading this.

Great post. I'd wish you luck but I think we need it more than you do. Welcome to the board.

I can understand why they're upset about the officiating. Don't you remember that play where the Jets had a 9 yard run and the officials gave them a free first down on a drive that went for a TD?

Oh wait.

and that terrible spot on that Heinz Ward catch that gave them a first down that Rex never challenged

Lots of crying about officiating over there.

Oh and btw, we are hypocritical assholes.

Laughable.

On the Steelers' first scoring drive, the NFL changed the rules. Suddenly, it was only 9 yards for a first down.

Did the Steelers have to confront that at any point during the game?

Archived