What is your favorite Schitty Play?

Jetfan13

Too many.

The first 2 posts are my fav's though.

I really do like when Tony Richardson lines up wide as well. That one fools everyone. Even if you've watched the tape and know it means the Jets are running right up the middle...you still wonder if that old man is going to run a go route for an 80 yard bomb. Gives DC's nightmares.

Brad Smith in the pistol. Guaranteed to kill even the most promising drives while emasculating Sanchez.

This.

That said, it was gaining close to 6 yards a carry at one point in the second...by one point I mean the games prior to the past 2 devastations. I still f*ckin hate it...

Like the OP posted my 2 favorite Schitty plays are 3rd and 3 and shorter any where on the field shotgun empty backfield with no threat to run, when you have one of the best running games that is absolutly genius, and 2nd, 3rd and long with Sanchez under center T-Rich in motion and a ******* playaction that no one honors all it does is give the defenders that extra second to get to Sanchez who then has no time to look down the field to his 4 WR's who coincedentally happen to all be standing yes standing not running in the same 5 yard patch of grass/turf on the field being covered by 1 defender, absolutly genius.

My favorite is when Sanchez throws a perfect spiral to a wide open DB right between the numbers that is nowhere near any Jets players. :D

Has anyone considered maybe testing Sanchez for colorblindness?

Who the f@#k asked you troll?

Maybe he can go with Cindy when he has his aids test...

My favorite is the Wildcat after Sanchez seems to be getting in rhythm. Usually happens at the 20 or 30 yard line when the defense is in tight. That or the fake double reverse that no one falls for. How about running LT who should be our third down back up the gut :blink: . I have many favorites, really too many to list. JIF I know you love the T-Rich WR alignment but you know one day he will take it 80. I cant stop myself.

How about when we Throw a quick out to a WR with no one out in front to block and he gets tackled by 3 players :blink: gotta love that one. Its kind of a cheap copy of the Pats, except when the Pats run it there are usually 3 players in the formation with 2 lead blockers. Its pure trickery by Shotty to have no blockers out there to bad every defense we play just play us straight up and dont even respond to all the motion crap this moron runs. I think Im done, but Im sure there will be more Gems this sunday maybe some screens to um The terminator ? :blink:

1st down run up the middle for 1-2 yards :D... the best play ever

All good choices, but this. FOllowed by a 2nd and 9 with everyone in motion, running out the playclock, to run ANOTHER exciting run up the middle for 1-2 yards, all to set up ANOTHER 3rd and long with no guesswork for a defense.

This was a problem under Hackett,and it's the same thing. RUnning the ball is nice, especially when you have a lead late in the game. But this is a passing league. You have to push the ball upfield by the air. Because the problem with a scoring drive that requires 7 or 8 first downs means you have to run more plays, each more fraught with a potential for failure. If you have to run 15 plays to score, the likelihood of one of theose plays shatting the bed increases. And we've had a few of those that ran off much time of the gameclock and then not gotten a point out of it.

And the other problem with this; does Ryan or Schottenheimer think LT or Greene is Riggins or Bettis? You are allowed to run wide.In fact,a gainst the pats, it seemed to work until the game got out of hand. Running right at Vince Wilfork or Ngata or Jenkins' brother(each of which they have done!) is really stupid, while running left or right means those big fatbodies get worn out going side to side. This is lost on this bunch. They have a gameplan, the same one every week, and there will be no adjustments.

Brad Smith in the pistol. Guaranteed to kill even the most promising drives while emasculating Sanchez.

This.

But the Brad Smith in the pistol on 4th & 1 against the Fins was an all time classic.

The Fins saw that and put what seemed like 11 in the box and Greene got stopped for a loss. The only play I remember that was just as dumb was Hacket's HB option by LaMont Jordan against the Ravens in 2004.

Third and six or more when they throw the ball about 3 yards shy of the first down marker.

That's different because it's a longstanding Jets tradition since the day Joe Willie left for the Jets to call plays without receivers past the stick on 3rd down, and to checkdown and get a cheap completion no matter down and distance.

That's different because it's a longstanding Jets tradition since the day Joe Willie left for the Jets to call plays without receivers past the stick on 3rd down, and to checkdown and get a cheap completion no matter down and distance.

True. It reminds me of my football playing days on the playground when i was a kid... The rule was 2 completions and it's a first down!!! It seems like the Jets are playing that way when it's 3rd and long =.=

Come to think of it... and I'm not just trying to hate on Schotty here, but we have done very little play action the past few weeks.

Been noticing this too...not sure why...it's only been two games but surely they could have pulled a playaction against the Pats just to do it.

Anyone else with me on hating playcalls that result in us not scoring? Gosh dang they grind my gears.

Been noticing this too...not sure why...it's only been two games but surely they could have pulled a playaction against the Pats just to do it.

Anyone else with me on hating playcalls that result in us not scoring? Gosh dang they grind my gears.

Unlike some here, I have very simple demands for Schotty. When you are 2nd and goal from the 2... run the football into the endzone. That's it. Why the cutsie stuff with the empty backfield in that situation?

Here's a good question: when was the last time a Jets running back scored a touchdown? When??????? Can anyone tell me????? I don't even remember at this point!!! We're a 9-4 team supposedly built on running the football. So why can I not remember a single RB touchdown?

I don't know if it's Faneca, Jones, or Schotty but something is clearly wrong here.

I think Schotty gets too cute for his own good. And I think that is true of a lot of OC.

3rd and 1. Obvious play power run. Defense lines up for a run play. Offense gets cute and tries to the throw the ball cause the defense is expecting a run play and you have open WRs. This sometimes makes sense, particular if you have a QB like Brees or Brady and your are using your 4th string running back. But otherwise, really, you don't have a RB that can pound for a yard even against a run defense. And with the Jets -- you have better RBs than you're QB.

3rd and 15. Obvious play is a pass down field of 15 yards or more. Defense is leaving the middle of the field open. So you throw a 5 yard slant cause nobody down field is open and everyone 5 yards or less is wide open. You're gonna get the completion but no effing way you are gonna get first down. This never makes sense. Air the thing out. Throw a Hail Mary 30 yards down the field. If your guy catches it you might have a TD. If the other team catches the only thing you did is you saved the punting team the effort cause odds are the other team is taking over roughly where they would have anyway if you punted.

Sometimes run the obvious play.

I think Schotty gets too cute for his own good. And I think that is true of a lot of OC.

3rd and 1. Obvious play power run. Defense lines up for a run play. Offense gets cute and tries to the throw the ball cause the defense is expecting a run play and you have open WRs. This sometimes makes sense, particular if you have a QB like Brees or Brady and your are using your 4th string running back. But otherwise, really, you don't have a RB that can pound for a yard even against a run defense. And with the Jets -- you have better RBs than you're QB.

3rd and 15. Obvious play is a pass down field of 15 yards or more. Defense is leaving the middle of the field open. So you throw a 5 yard slant cause nobody down field is open and everyone 5 yards or less is wide open. You're gonna get the completion but no effing way you are gonna get first down. This never makes sense. Air the thing out. Throw a Hail Mary 30 yards down the field. If your guy catches it you might have a TD. If the other team catches the only thing you did is you saved the punting team the effort cause odds are the other team is taking over roughly where they would have anyway if you punted.

Sometimes run the obvious play.

One missing part of your theory..

If you heave it, and it's picked you now have an athlete with the ball in their hands running against 11 guys who really haven't practiced their tackling in a long time...

Archived