Braylon Edwards better get a new contract

madmikeisback

All he's done is make plays all season and no one talks about him. When he has his DUI and everyone was ALL OVER him all he did was put his head down and make big plays whenever the ball was thrown even over the middle in the bear and steeler games with no drops and big play after big play. SIGN THIS BEAST

well, what they will demand, and what the new CBA is, will dictate this

he will likely make huge demands based on his position, and the jets simply may decide they can't pay him

I love me some BE right now, but he's no dummy, this will be his last big payday, and he's going to want to get every dollar

well, what they will demand, and what the new CBA is, will dictate this

he will likely make huge demands based on his position, and the jets simply may decide they can't pay him

I love me some BE right now, but he's no dummy, this will be his last big payday, and he's going to want to get every dollar

The NYJETS will not let BE walk no way in hell.

All he's done is make plays all season and no one talks about him. When he has his DUI and everyone was ALL OVER him all he did was put his head down and make big plays whenever the ball was thrown even over the middle in the bear and steeler games with no drops and big play after big play. SIGN THIS BEAST

I agree. I remember people ragging on him, but truth be told we wouldnt be in the position we're in without this guy. He had obviously the better season than Holmes. He's is Sanchez go-to-guy. He jumps out of the stadium for jump balls. He burns sidelines. He's a top blocking WR in the game. And most importantly, he will argue with Shotty when the game is on the line to get the ball for the 1st! Need I say more?

+1 I am happy to see the fan base come around. Holmes had some great 1st down catches lat night and won 2 games for us this year. But he has had some big time drops as well ( one last night on that 3rd down). I like the way BE is going about his business now. I feel the DUI was a anomaly and he is going to be a solid citizen going forward. He run blocking is a outstanding and he is fearless across the middle. Bring back the beard!

That's why you give BOTH long-term deals. That way, if one screws up, at least we have the other.

Holmes' drops in the Packer and Dolphins games could've been the difference between winning the division and a wild card and that 3rd down drop on the out route could've very well cost us the game last night. That has to be weighted against all the big catches he's had this season. Braylon has had hardly any drops all season.

Braylon is showing some maturity since his dui and hasn't been a problem child in the media. Holmes has done some hotdogging at inoportune times and had some bad drops, a few really bad fumbles and makes some dumb decisions (punt returning last nite--yikes). Holmes can take a game over with the right QB--but Braylon makes our QB better. I think that tips it in his favor. Plus, the DUI this season will have undoubtedly lowered Braylon's asking price.

And in a somewhat uncharacteristic move in the direct background, Brad Smith grabs his junk when asked by reporters about the Patriots

Ha ha great pic of Smiths "groin pull"

Re Braylon: Of all the NYJ receivers he is best suited for Sanchos passing style because of his leaping ability. Better keep him or MS will have a sub 50% completion rate.

I know athletes are generally money hungry and unloyal but i think Braylon is genuinely happy playing here and will want to stay even if it means a smaller paycheck then he would get somewhere else. The dude is always smiling, congratulating teamates, doing backflips, and looking like he loves being a part of this team.

Archived