Scarface Mafia - The World is Yours

Pac

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile scum get backed into a corner as more and more reveals come out. Goes both ways.

Yeah, because in the mass reveal, the scum always label themselves as scum. They never lie...there's never any confusion, and the town always skates along to victory. heh

FWIW, I do like your style!

Verbal and Slats, I think both off you know far better than to consider yourselves a majority. Trying to force me to reveal before the rest of the game has a chance to weigh in is absolutely scummish.

I've already stated that I'm willing to reveal to a majority of players asking for it, or when I get to L2...I think that's fair and responsible to the town.

Now, take a deep breath - I'm gonna blow minds with this one:

There are mafia games where very few players, if any, ever reveal. Seriously, the basic dynamic of the game is that the mafia knows more than the town, and giving them all the information they need through reveals is only helping them.

I believe this is where Wombat is coming form, and I totally agree with him. Scumhunting is a far better technique for the town than running up the lynch to force a reveal. Ulitmately, the town plays in concert with one another to protect as much information as possibel, thus protecting the power roles and giving them a chance to scum-hunt before the scum can pick them off.

You can read all about this in my book "SHHHH! DPR's Mafia Secrets."

Anyway, we're not going to change that one today, so my offer stands.

At least you're right about one thing in this post. Made me want to:

SuperStock_4102-21545.jpg

Games with finite characters and where everyone has unique roles means that many reveals hurts scum more than town. Games where scum has to hide means town is at a disadvantage by revealing information to scum. Depends on the type of game. Seems like mods have taken to going the everyone roled up route lately.

rrrepd

scumhunting on d1 is fools gold, sure lynch the most suspicious and maybe get lucky, but most likely, collectively with scum influencing, we're lynching a townie. Agreed on the rest, except for reveals being bad for town, i think they're good, in games like we've been playing where normally everyone is roled in some way..

Not true. Expecting to hit scum is fool's gold. But, if you just accept that an innocent is probably going to get lynched, you can get on with the plan of making everybody talk and give opinions, make statements and create a paper trail.

Then, just as Verbal has pointed out with me, they have a record that they have to uphold, or they give themselves away.

So, scumhunting is always a good idea. Plus, you stir up the low-layers and see whose nerves are easy to rile because they're hiding something.

Revealing - I know, green lightning might strike me down - is almost always a point of confusion, and rarely benefits the town.

I find this post extremely scummy for multiple reasons. It's D1. Scumhunting is at its lowest point. A reveal can provide a lot of information that can be used in subsequent days. Also, you have no idea what role 80 has. Is he telling the truth? Is he bluffing with nothing to back him up? Is he bluffing and has a vest or something to draw the NK in case of a WIFOM situation? You have no clue, and to state it is a bad play without the benefit of all the information and hindsight is not only scummy, it's short-sighted.

I've caught scum from D1 actions multiple times. Then again, those weren't always the best scum players and I do agree that info is usually the best way to go. If you think DPR revealing gives the town more info than it gives the scum, then fine. I don't.

I don't like tons of reveals. Not only is it a crutch, but in a good setup, it is a bad idea. I know this is Pac's first modding experience, but I'm going to give him at least some credit.

As for 80's play, I am confident that it will end up being bad for the town. Time will tell on that one.

Why isn't the JC train going anywhere?

Bc dpr is more fun to lynch and 80 always plays scummy so he must eventually be scum? Lol

I actually agree with both of them right now. 80 in particular is playing well. If he's honest and isn't important it's the correct play to not reveal. If he's scum and manages to survive day 1 he relieves a lot of pressure off himself. Dpr is right to not use his reveal right now either -- if scum he buys himself time, if town he'd limit our options

JC isn't getting lynched today. It's like pulling teeth to get people to vote inactives early, then late that's almost the only option sometimes.

unvote

At least you're right about one thing in this post. Made me want to:

SuperStock_4102-21545.jpg

Games with finite characters and where everyone has unique roles means that many reveals hurts scum more than town. Games where scum has to hide means town is at a disadvantage by revealing information to scum. Depends on the type of game. Seems like mods have taken to going the everyone roled up route lately.

Dude, that's like saying that new coaches can add new rules to NFL games to spice them up. The rules are the balance, and the balance is what makes it fun to play. The best games are the one's where you are on the edge of your seat, trying to get a strategy to work, and wondering if someone else is going to get you first.

The boring games are where everyone gets a power role, and basically just take turns blowing sh*t up. Anyone can do that, no skill required.

Official Vote Count:

Hess (2) - Song, Hess

DPR (8) - BG, Slats, Verb, JVor, I28, Tom Shane, JF80, Dan X

JetFat80 (7) - WWwombat, JC, Nae, CTM, Crusher, SMC, JiF

I20Ape (2) - Smash, DPR

Jetscode (2) - Sharrow, Brett

With 22 maricons alive, it takes 12 to lynch

CLICK ME!

Exactly.

that's hogwash.. I played in one of your games over at DM and it was easily solved purely mechanically with a mass reveal. The mechanics were somethign like 16 players 3 mason teams of 4, 1 scum team of 4. We literally could've not made 1 game related post and won.

There's no blanket rules here, and if you think so, I look forward to your follow up book "My first book was SHHHHHit, more mafia secrets by the dread pirate retard"

that's hogwash.. I played in one of your games over at DM and it was easily solved purely mechanically with a mass reveal. The mechanics were somethign liek 16 players 3 mason teams of 4, 1 scum team of 4. We literally could've nto made 1 game related post and won.

There's no blanket rules here, and if you think so, I look forward to your follow up book "My first book was SHHHHHit, more mafia secrets by the dread pirate retard"

This. I played in that one as well. Lynch one person from each team. Fish in a barrel.

vote 80

I don't necessarily feel either is scum but as I explained 80 would be more dangerous, IMO, if he were scum and survived day 1. At this point it's one of the two of them.

Though the TS stuff does strike me as odd. I'll go either way. We get info on i28 off dprs lynch, according to dpr.

Bc dpr is more fun to lynch and 80 always plays scummy so he must eventually be scum? Lol

I actually agree with both of them right now. 80 in particular is playing well. If he's honest and isn't important it's the correct play to not reveal. If he's scum and manages to survive day 1 he relieves a lot of pressure off himself. Dpr is right to not use his reveal right now either -- if scum he buys himself time, if town he'd limit our options

JC isn't getting lynched today. It's like pulling teeth to get people to vote inactives early, then late that's almost the only option sometimes.

unvote

I still think he's made the scummiest post of the day, being inactive doesn't mean anything to me. I'd rather lynch him blindly than 80.

I also agree, there's no point in asking DPR to reveal unless you're willing to lynch him. The only point to him revealing would be to save his skin.

I still think he's made the scummiest post of the day, being inactive doesn't mean anything to me. I'd rather lynch him blindly than 80.

I also agree, there's no point in asking DPR to reveal unless you're willing to lynch him. The only point to him revealing would be to save his skin.

agreed on all accounts but that's how it works. Someone with two posts on day 1 doesn't get lynched. Originally I just bs'd calling my shot but low activity always gets my attention...as you know best of all :P

Not sure when it happened, but I have noticed the lame philosophy of forcing reveals, but not lynching scummy players has become way too pervasive in games here.

DPR has played the scummiest d1. Still pushing my lynch for "info" but no idea what that info will be.

Official Vote Count:

Hess (2) - Song, Hess

DPR (8) - BG, Slats, Verb, JVor, I28, Tom Shane, JF80, Dan X

JetFat80 (9) - WWwombat, JC, Nae, CTM, Crusher, SMC, JiF, Brett, AVM

I20Ape (2) - Smash, DPR

Jetscode (1) - Sharrow

With 22 maricons alive, it takes 12 to lynch

CLICK ME!

Not sure when it happened, but I have noticed the lame philosophy of forcing reveals, but not lynching scummy players has become way too pervasive in games here.

DPR has played the scummiest d1. Still pushing my lynch for "info" but no idea what that info will be.

Early this season. That was the idea behind the reveal limit last game.

Obv jif, Brett, verbal, and hmm...PAC can't be the last one so I'm confused tbh.

...or can he?

We should all unanimously vote Pac tomorrow just so we don't miss an opportunity to try and lynch. It will be the first time trying to lynch him was 100% dumb.

Funny post.

I'm not forcing anything. It's my suggestion that we force you -the scummiest player in the game in my estimation- to reveal today. If you refuse, I think you should be lynched.

But I can't force you to reveal or lynch you without some town assistance, so maybe YOU ought take a deep breath.

I also think the info to be gleaned from lynching you is increasing with every passing moment, though. Questionable posts now coming from Wombat and JiF.

Verbal and Slats, I think both off you know far better than to consider yourselves a majority. Trying to force me to reveal before the rest of the game has a chance to weigh in is absolutely scummish.

I've already stated that I'm willing to reveal to a majority of players asking for it, or when I get to L2...I think that's fair and responsible to the town.

Now, take a deep breath - I'm gonna blow minds with this one:

There are mafia games where very few players, if any, ever reveal. Seriously, the basic dynamic of the game is that the mafia knows more than the town, and giving them all the information they need through reveals is only helping them.

I believe this is where Wombat is coming form, and I totally agree with him. Scumhunting is a far better technique for the town than running up the lynch to force a reveal. Ulitmately, the town plays in concert with one another to protect as much information as possibel, thus protecting the power roles and giving them a chance to scum-hunt before the scum can pick them off.

You can read all about this in my book "SHHHH! DPR's Mafia Secrets."

Anyway, we're not going to change that one today, so my offer stands.

Archived