Movies We've Seen Thread

I would love for Disney to disavow the Prequels and redo the complete prequel backstory.....and do it before I'm 80.

The CGI is terrible. The ONLY things remotely worth saving are.....well, nothing really. Just recast Ewan McGregor in 10 years, get a guy in his early 20s to play Anakin Skywalker the FIGHTER PILOT-aoon to be Jedi Knight, make the clones the ENEMY in the Clone War conflict and not one, not a single "battle droid" to be seen ever, eliminate the whole religious order/monk crap and make the Jedi Knights KNIGHTS. Lose the Tatooine garb for all Jedi (wtf?), Midichlirians? Never heard of her.

Yoda would NEVER have or need a lightsaber. Neither would Palpatine. And no, Chewbacca isn't anywhere to be found here, he's busy doing wookie stuff... LOL 

And on, and on, and on....

Lol

I was cleaning out DVDs and VHSs (yep, still have 'em).  What a ride.  Haha, I forgot that I had 'Scream and Scream . . . Again!'. What a fun flick. I've only seen it 20 times in my life. Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, and Peter Cushing.  Talk about three kings in the same room. I have a major soft spot for all of them.

• Upvote 2

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:31 AM, drdetroit said:

People who hate Batman v. Superman are the same people who start websites and youtube channels dedicated to trying to convince the world Michael Bay is the anti-Christ.

His work on the Transformers films makes the Antichrist seem like a nice caring person who has actually a positive effect on society.

7 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

His work on the Transformers films makes the Antichrist seem like a nice caring person who has actually a positive effect on society.

Wah!!!! He didn't make the alien robots who transform into cars and tanks seem realistic enough!!! Wah!!!

Crying-baby-012.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=form

15 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Wah!!!! He didn't make the alien robots who transform into cars and tanks seem realistic enough!!! Wah!!!

Crying-baby-012.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=form

No, he just made a complete abortion of it. sh*t characters, sh*t looking robots, sh*t story. And sh*t Le Bouef.

Bay's the American Uwe Boll, just with the budget for humongous pyrotechnics.

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:28 AM, drdetroit said:

ok

Have you ever seen an Uwe Boll film?  Comparing the two is like comparing Rich Kotite to anyone decent.

Sadly yes. I've seen a few of them. He's gotta be the only guy in the planet who thinks that Burt Reynolds should play a king fighting orc knock offs.

On 12/18/2016 at 10:31 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

I would love for Disney to disavow the Prequels and redo the complete prequel backstory.....and do it before I'm 80.

The CGI is terrible. The ONLY things remotely worth saving are.....well, nothing really. Just recast Ewan McGregor in 10 years, get a guy in his early 20s to play Anakin Skywalker the FIGHTER PILOT-aoon to be Jedi Knight, make the clones the ENEMY in the Clone War conflict and not one, not a single "battle droid" to be seen ever, eliminate the whole religious order/monk crap and make the Jedi Knights KNIGHTS. Lose the Tatooine garb for all Jedi (wtf?), Midichlirians? Never heard of her.

Yoda would NEVER have or need a lightsaber. Neither would Palpatine. And no, Chewbacca isn't anywhere to be found here, he's busy doing wookie stuff... LOL 

And on, and on, and on....

Lol

This would be great... but at this point, I'd just settle for them re-issuing the original trilogy without all of the Lucas updates. Holy ****, what a bunch of unnecessary crap. I just saw Rogue One and wanted to roll right into Star Wars. It's amazing how well than hand-off to each other... but those scenes that Lucas added in Mos Eisley make some of the best parts of that film almost unwatchable... and that ******* scene where Han is talking to Jabba... ugh

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This would be great... but at this point, I'd just settle for them re-issuing the original trilogy without all of the Lucas updates. Holy ****, what a bunch of unnecessary crap. I just saw Rogue One and wanted to roll right into Star Wars. It's amazing how well than hand-off to each other... but those scenes that Lucas added in Mos Eisley make some of the best parts of that film almost unwatchable... and that ******* scene where Han is talking to Jabba... ugh

Yeah, but I would love a set of Prequels that actually pay attention to the dialogue of the OT....and then make them movie that not only provide hours of terrible fanservice, but stand on their own without spoiling the twists of the later movies. 

So someone could actually watch them in chronological order and have them not only make sense, but not ruin the later ones.

Wtf happened to George Lucas. Madness?

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah, but I would love a set of Prequels that actually pay attention to the dialogue of the OT....and then make them movie that not only provide hours of terrible fanservice, but stand on their own without spoiling the twists of the later movies. 

So someone could actually watch them in chronological order and have them not only make sense, but not ruin the later ones.

Wtf happened to George Lucas. Madness?

He peaked early. As he got older, he seemed to develop a fetish for grossly disfigured alien lizards doing slapstick routines. Hence all the CGI of tripping, bumbling and stumbling creatures with zero relevancy for the story-telling.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

He peaked early. As he got older, he seemed to develop a fetish for grossly disfigured alien lizards doing slapstick routines. Hence all the CGI of tripping, bumbling and stumbling creatures with zero relevancy for the story-telling.

I disagree. THX 1138 was in 1971 and Last Crusade was in 1990. That's a pretty long period of time to be churning out classics. 

I think what went wrong with Lucas was he shut everyone out but himself in the process of making the prequels. That's not what happened with the original trilogy, where he had input from a ton of other producers and writers. When you shut out any and all criticism from your work, particularly work of that magnitude, it's just too difficult to discern what works and what doesn't. 

39 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I disagree. THX 1138 was in 1971 and Last Crusade was in 1990. That's a pretty long period of time to be churning out classics. 

I think what went wrong with Lucas was he shut everyone out but himself in the process of making the prequels. That's not what happened with the original trilogy, where he had input from a ton of other producers and writers. When you shut out any and all criticism from your work, particularly work of that magnitude, it's just too difficult to discern what works and what doesn't. 

that and the plots were about senate procedure and trade tariffs, lol

55 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I know dude, I was making a wisecrack.

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

that and the plots were about senate procedure and trade tariffs, lol

Right, and he could have still kept that stuff in there to help move the story along, but as focal points, no way. Phantom Menace actually has some great bases to work off of; Darth Maul, Qui Gon, showing Anakin as a slave being torn from his mother, the pod race...etc. And Lucas made all of that secondary to political debates over trade tariffs and showing off a level of CG that at the time may have been advanced, but aside from the pod race it hasn't held up well at all.  

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Right, and he could have still kept that stuff in there to help move the story along, but as focal points, no way. Phantom Menace actually has some great bases to work off of; Darth Maul, Qui Gon, showing Anakin as a slave being torn from his mother, the pod race...etc. And Lucas made all of that secondary to political debates over trade tariffs and showing off a level of CG that at the time may have been advanced, but aside from the pod race it hasn't held up well at all.  

darth maul is super badass, the fight with Ben and Qui Gon is epic.  with all the warts a better cast might have saved it.  the lack of chemistry between anakin and amidala is the thing of legend, probably used in film school as something to avoid, lol

• 2 weeks later...

I strongly suggest some made for TV movies. 'A Cry in the Night' with Perry King, put it on the top your list. Seeing him with his split personality running around dressed like Little Red Riding Hood while sporting a murderous knife is worth sitting through the hilariously bad sh!tty acting. The cliff-hanger totally pays off. "Mommy!"  A++

ok, finally saw the revenant, lol

am I the only one who thought Hardy was better than Leo ?  

I can suspend my disbelief for godzilla, but nobody survives that bear attack followed by some dirt in the wounds, literally

mad me happy to be born in an era with running water and central heat

and I know I'm not the only one who thought, "hey look, its like when han put luke in the tauntaun !"

21 hours ago, chirorob said:

Saw "Split"

I liked it.   McAvoy did a real nice job, movie was well done, best thing by M Night in like, 12 years.

I might check that out in honor of Perry King. :)

'Brotherhood of the the Wolf'.  Some of the cinematography is just stellar.  The fight scenes are way over the top for chop-socky fans. French shemales fighting a Native American martial arts master, it's shameless fun. Spoiler: there's a werewolf. Recommend for a rainy day. Heh. I actually really, really, like this movie. I saw it in NYC when it first came out. Good crowd. 

• Upvote 1