Movies We've Seen Thread

Saw 10 Cloverfield last night.

It was much better than I expected and John Goodman carries the entire movie.  He is so good.  Without him, this film would have been garbage, but he instills great personality.  If you can get past the hokey ending, you won't be disappointed.

13 minutes ago, rillo said:

I'm waiting for a good copy on the web, not falling for it again.

put it this way, if you enjoy John Goodman, particularly in his creepier roles (Barton Finkor any Coen Bros flick with Goodman), then you go to see this in the theater.  If not a big Goodman fan, then wait for a rainy day firestick showing.

15 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

the revenant was reallly good. hateful eight was good , daddys home with marky and mark and will farrell was not so good

Will Farrell needs to stop making movies.  Same character in every flick.  He's this generation's Adam Sandler.*

*Something I said five years ago.

On 3/22/2016 at 7:02 PM, T0mShane said:

BvS getting its balls kicked in in these early rounds of reviews. 

2 guys in the office saw it last night.

1 said it's the worst Superhero movie they've ever seen.  Said Affleck as Batman just didnt fit and that interestingly enough, Eisenberg's depiction of the Lex was the best.

1 said it was decent, opened up some cool opportunities for DC but it was clunky.  Too much too fast.  He thought Affleck was good and loved where they took Batman.  

While watching The Godfather Epic for the millionth time tonight, my wife just showed me something that NOBODY ELSE in the whole world has ever noticed before. During Connie and Carlo's wedding scene when Mama Corleone is called up to sing Che La Luna she then calls the old man up to take over. So they show the old man singing twice and dancing the third time. During that second verse of the song when he says " Che La Luna" you can see his top teeth almost fall out of his mouth!!!!. It's right before the whore Bridesmaid walks up the steps to screw Sonny> Amazing-I had never noticed that before and I never heard of anyone else seeing it either. Watch right around 1:08 1:09 you'll see his top dentures drop and he catches them in his mouth Funny stuff

22 hours ago, JiF said:

1 said it's the worst Superhero movie they've ever seen.  Said Affleck as Batman just didnt fit and that interestingly enough, Eisenberg's depiction of the Lex was the best.

1 said it was decent, opened up some cool opportunities for DC but it was clunky.  Too much too fast.  He thought Affleck was good and loved where they took Batman.  

I thought it was pretty good, except for the very ending (which I shall not spoil here).

I thought Affleck did a good job, and I am not always his biggest fan.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, JiF said:

and, even if it's not great.   It's not Fantastic Four, (any of them).   It's not Ben's Dare Devil.   It's not Spiderman 3, or Amazing Spiderman 2.

BvS certainly isn't perfect but it's a damn cool flick. I think there's a big difference between comic book fans and comic movie fans and Snyder makes stuff for the former, and the nice thing about that is it rubs way too many pompous Internet cynics the wrong way. Which is good, I think. Sorry every other sentence isn't some forced cheesy quip and there aren't bright colors everywhere. Boo hoo. And for all the vitriol they got when they cast Affleck the guy is pretty ******* great and it looks like Warner Bros is going to absolutely nail Wonder Woman. 

So many great references all throughout. From TDKR to Death in the Family to Luthor to Death of Superman, really just a book lover's dream seeing some of that stuff on screen.

15 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

BvS certainly isn't perfect but it's a damn cool flick. 

I thought so too. It definitely had some very random scenes, and pacing issues, but I liked it. I also thought Ben did a good job. I'd like to see where they take this, if they plan to do more.

I loved Batman vs. Superman.  I thought it was super fun and everyone truly nailed their roles, including Affleck.  I had to clear my mind before the movie and realize it wasnt Bale and this wasnt a continuation of those great movies and it helped me just relax and enjoy the movie.  Affleck was money as Bruce Wayne and this was a Batman that needed to be seen...just a bad as mother****er, willing to do whatever, tough and smart enough to take down the Man of Steel. 

I mean, there was some corny ass sh*t in the movie but nothing that really took away from the overall product.  There were times where maybe they were too ambitious in the fight scenes and it was just a lot to concentrate on but overall, I thought for what they had to accomplish in one movie, they did a really good job.

Eisenberg as Luthor was fantastic.  I loved him.  He was sooo good.  Really changed the view of that character in the movies.

The amount of hints, hidden stuff, little things to pick up on, semi-introductions to full introductions of the meta-humans, was great.  Already feel like I need to see it again.

Dont really see how this is getting so much bad press.  I thought it was great.

2 hours ago, rillo said:

I thought so too. It definitely had some very random scenes, and pacing issues, but I liked it. I also thought Ben did a good job. I'd like to see where they take this, if they plan to do more.

Wonder Woman is in post production and they already began Justice League. It also just had the biggest opening weekend of all-time for a superhero flick so there will definitely be a lot more coming. 

I think a lot of the scenes that seemed so random will make a lot more sense in a few years. The Flash's scene makes no sense if you have no knowledge of either the comics or what they have planned for future movies, and neither do some of the Batman references if you've never read any of the books.

38 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think a lot of the scenes that seemed so random will make a lot more sense in a few years. The Flash's scene makes no sense if you have no knowledge of either the comics or what they have planned for future movies, and neither do some of the Batman references if you've never read any of the books.

I just read an article that touched on the random parts of the movie. Seems like synder really followed the comics. Now that I have this information I need to watch it again. Makes a lot more sense, just planned wrong I guess. 

59 minutes ago, rillo said:

I just read an article that touched on the random parts of the movie. Seems like synder really followed the comics. Now that I have this information I need to watch it again. Makes a lot more sense, just planned wrong I guess. 

That and the fact that they cut 30 minutes that might have tied in some scenes better.  Having seen it more than once I really like the film.  I think the Ultimate cute (with the additional 30 minutes) is going to be phenomenal.

1 minute ago, gqxluvx said:

That and the fact that they cut 30 minutes that might have tied in some scenes better.  Having seen it more than once I really like the film.  I think the Ultimate cute (with the additional 30 minutes) is going to be phenomenal.

Agreed, might be my first Blu-ray purchase ever lol

1 hour ago, rillo said:

Right. That's exactly my point. Snyder makes movies for comic book fans. And by that I mean not people who read comics as a kid and still like the characters, I mean people who actually read comic books and know stuff about comic books. Most of the negative reviews I've seen really stress the parts that don't make sense to them and claim them as too random and messy. Well, no. It's quite the opposite actually. They make a lot of sense and are very deliberately placed, but someone would only be able to pick up on it if they knew the books. And again, I don't mean just simply knowing that Bruce Wayne's parents were killed in an alley, I mean actual storylines and dialogue. 

It's all kind of right in line with the nonsensical negative stuff that Man of Steel got. Things like SUPERMAN DOESNT KILL! No. Actually he does and has quite a bit in the books. 

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Right. That's exactly my point. Snyder makes movies for comic book fans. And by that I mean not people who read comics as a kid and still like the characters, I mean people who actually read comic books and know stuff about comic books. Most of the negative reviews I've seen really stress the parts that don't make sense to them and claim them as too random and messy. Well, no. It's quite the opposite actually. They make a lot of sense and are very deliberately placed, but someone would only be able to pick up on it if they knew the books. And again, I don't mean just simply knowing that Bruce Wayne's parents were killed in an alley, I mean actual storylines and dialogue. 

It's all kind of right in line with the nonsensical negative stuff that Man of Steel got. Things like SUPERMAN DOESNT KILL! No. Actually he does and has quite a bit in the books. 

Yeah the comments from the critics have been horrible, and just stupid. Can't please everyone. The more I read into it the more I like this film. Thanks.

1 hour ago, rillo said:

You have a link to that by any chance?

28 minutes ago, rillo said:

Yeah the comments from the critics have been horrible, and just stupid. Can't please everyone. The more I read into it the more I like this film. Thanks.

I feel like the critics never gave it a chance and probably went in feeling one way and never gave it a chance.  I was hating before I went into it and if I wanted to be a prick about it, probably still could.  But why?  It was a fun movie.

I just read an article talking about how Eisenberg ruined the movie and I loved him.

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

I feel like the critics never gave it a chance and probably went in feeling one way and never gave it a chance.  I was hating before I went into it and if I wanted to be a prick about it, probably still could.  But why?  It was a fun movie.

I just read an article talking about how Eisenberg ruined the movie and I loved him.

Surprising as Eisenberg's acting range goes from A to A.

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Really glad to hear this... I'm going tomorrow night and have thought a number of times about just passing since literally everything I've heard said it's horrible.  Definitely feeling better now.

Here's the weird part about that; the reviews are bad, but the majority of people I know loved it. 

Truth of the matter is the Internet decided it hated this movie two years ago. People went in with preconceived conclusions and a bias towards Marvel's standard and that's about it. How on earth a piece of cliche crap like Ant-Man scores high and this doesn't is beyond me. But hating on anything Snyder or Superman has kind of become a favorite hobby of people with nothing better to do with their time, so who cares.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Again, I think people came in hating just to hate.  They didnt like one scene in the trailor where he acted weird and they couldnt let it go.  I thought he was great.

I was pissed about the Affleck choice, he killed it.  I thought the glowing eyes were stupid but that suit was totally bad ass.

I dont know, people are dumb.  I dont get how some movies get hyped and so much praise and then one like this doesnt.  It's weird.  I loved Deadpool but I'm sorry, this was 10x more compelling and interesting but if you went by the reviews, you'd think just the complete opposite.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

In the trailers, he looks like he's channeling Jim Carrey's Riddler in his depiction of Lex Luthor. No, just no.

I lost interest in this movie over his casting, not Affleck's. To be honest.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JiF said:

Eisenberg as Luthor was fantastic.  I loved him.  He was sooo good.  Really changed the view of that character in the movies.

Interesting. This is why I plan to see it regardless, I think the trailers set this movie up for a lot of pre-conceived bad reactions, as many of you are already alluding to here in the past page.

Ultimately, I don't give a **** what critics say.