Cotchery to Steelers

CrazyCarl40

Weird that he's the victim of such a viscous smear campaign, yet he's going to a team that embraces a rapist yet excommunicates a guy for smoking weed.

Totally weird.

Side note; notice how the 2 ever so important WR's that the Jets couldnt live without have both only signed 1 year deals?

Hmmm, I wonder why that is? Weird too, ya know?

Totally weird.

Side note; notice how the 2 ever so important WR's that the Jets couldnt live without have both only signed 1 year deals?

Hmmm, I wonder why that is? Weird too, ya know?

I want to know how Cotchery is going to get more playing time on the Steelers so he can showcase his skills and get a big contract.

He should have contacted the Cards. Who do they have other than Fitzgerald now that Breaston is a Chief?

you must be kidding me.... yes lets see the JEts lose a great possession receiver in the 2nd half of the year and the team that beat us in the playoffs gain one?

If by possesion reciever you mean dropping 1/2 the passes sent his way, then yea...

As Jet fans, we all started to see Jerricho Cotchery break down right in front of our very own eyes. At the age of only 29, he's already a shell of what he once was. Cotchery is a player who's been on a steady decline over the years. He's gone from 82 receptions, 961 receiving yards and 6 TD's back in 2006... to only 41 catches, 433 receiving yards and 2 TD's last season. He's also missed 4 games due to injury related issues over the past two years. I'll miss Jerricho, I'm sure he'll contribute with the Steelers over the next year or two (if healthy), but I also believe it's safe to say Pittsburgh fans won't see what our fan base has always seen in Cotchery; the best of Jerricho has came and gone. Hopefully we'll see Jeremy Kerley come into his own over the next two years, developing as our slot WR of the future, while the Steelers watch Jerricho decline from here on out.

So it's pretty clear that Jerricho's concerns were NOT about being buried at 3 or 4 on the depth chart.

Actually I'm pretty sure it WAS one of his concerns. He originally left Pittsburgh without a contract because of the fact that he'd be a # 5. Then, with no other options, he came back and signed with the Steelers. Being signed for more than one season probably was the deciding factor.

Archived