NY Jets Forum

Talk about Robert Saleh, Joe Douglas & the NFL in our NY Jets message board.

114,240 topics in this forum

• 49 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 11 replies
  1. Good luck Sunday...

• 10 replies
  2. Not For Nuthin'....

• 9 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. Rex Grossman Benched

• 24 replies
  4. Quote this picture! 1 2

• 36 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 102 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 33 replies
  5. T-Jones smack down!!!!

• 22 replies
  6. Marvin Lewis 1 2

• 42 replies
    • 0 replies
  7. Buffalo Conference Calls

• 0 replies
    • 93 replies
    • 72 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 7 replies
  8. LB Mackey Traded to Bucs

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  9. Montgomery Joins the OL

• 0 replies
  10. Justin Miller Goes on IR

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  11. OL Daniels Comes Aboard

• 0 replies
  12. OL Daniels Waived

• 0 replies
  13. DB Ihedigbo Released

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • No one should want to use a 1st round pick on an OG.  That's horrible value.  I can't vouch for RT for next year, but it's possible that if Moses stays healthy and is willing to sign a reasonable deal, he could be extended.  Hopefully, AVT will get healthy and stay that way this year.  In the past one could find quality RTs in the middle and lower rounds, and it wasn't as important as LT, but the game is changing and defenses move their best pass rushers around, so RTs have to be better pass blockers than they were in the past, and LT and RT are becoming more on the same level.  I'm seeing more teams using more high picks on their OLs due to the scarcity of quality OL, and am seeing more that OTs are being expected to be able to play on either side.  Personally, even in this very strong and deep draft for OTs, I don't think that any of the OTs that will be drafted in the 3rd round or later will ever be a quality starter.  They are just too limited athleticially/talent-wise.  Who knows what next year's OT class will look like?  There may only be 2-3 OTs that are potential starters.  If the Jets want a starting-caliber RT out of that draft, they may have to use their #1 pick on one.  Hopefully, they won't.  Hopefully, they can add a topnotch WR prospect in the 1st round, have Moses start again, and draft an OT in the 2nd or 3rd round that has talent/potential, but just needs development and can sit for a year and learn.
    • I think, based upon the Jet Nation mock draft, I would give this pick to @Beerfish, since he correctly predicted the Jets would trade back and pick Fashanu. (In the same JN mock, I correctly predicted the Chiefs would trade up and pick Worthy, but this isn't about me  )
    • So many. McCaferty, Washington, Dez Walker, Johnny Wilson* , Javon Baker (Sleeper)  Johnny Wilson*  Height: 6 - 6 |Weight: 231 lbs |RAS: 9.7 Strengths - Outrageously long receiving threat with a dominating frame and wingspan - Offers eye-catching explosiveness and initial accelerative capacity for his size - Long strides, combined with stride frequency, amount to legitimate deep speed - Effortlessly elongates and snares high passes, and has stellar sideline awareness - Physicality translates well both at route stems and as a RAC threat in space - Extremely tenacious blocker who understands leverage and dominates with his traits
  • Available Subscriptions