Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:33 PM
proc·ess 1 (prss, prss) n.
pl. proc·ess·es (prssz, prss-, prs-sz, prs-)
1. A series of actions, changes, or functions bringing about a result: the process of digestion; the process of obtaining a driver's license.
2. A series of operations performed in the making or treatment of a product: a manufacturing process; leather dyed during the tanning process.
3. Progress; passage: the process of time; events now in process.
4. Law The entire course of a judicial proceeding.
a. A summons or writ ordering a defendant to appear in court.
b. The total quantity of summonses or writs issued in a particular proceeding.
6. Biology An outgrowth of tissue; a projecting part: a bony process.
7. Any of various photomechanical or photoengraving methods.
8. Computer Science
a. A running software program or other computing operation.
b. A part of a running software program or other computing operation that does a single task.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.