Poll: Should the JETS cut Stephen Hill

JetsFanInDenver

Should JETS cut Stephen Hill  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should JETS cut Stephen Hill

• Yes. Cut him already.
    • No. Keep him on the team.
    • I always have trouble making decisions

Why does Saunders make it ? A whole bunch of guys can fair catch a punt. Kerley too.

Draft politics. He was the first of three WRs they took this year, and none of them are flashing, but is Idzik willing to IR one and cut the other two? I don't think so.

Of course, draft politics is also the only reason to keep Hill around, too, so it all balances out. If he was originally a fourth rounder, no one would give a crap if the Jets were looking at cutting a big fast guy who can't catch.

4th round pick.  they get at least 2 years

Draft politics. He was the first of three WRs they took this year, and none of them are flashing, but is Idzik willing to IR one and cut the other two? I don't think so.

Of course, draft politics is also the only reason to keep Hill around, too, so it all balances out. If he was originally a fourth rounder, no one would give a crap if the Jets were looking at cutting a big fast guy who can't catch.

That's the problem with the JETS drafting of WR's:

Step 1. Draft them way ahead of where they deserve.

Step 2.  Keep them on the team no matter what.

Step 3. After investing 2 years in prospect then cut them.

Step 4. Rinse and repeat. Draft a WR way ahead of where they deserve.

And then we wonder why we don't develop WR's on this team.

I would just like to see how Hill does in Season 3 on this team when WR's usually break out. After investing 3 training camps and 2 regular season I just want to see if he can offer us anything in Season 3. Given his cost he should be on the team. We do anyone else on this team with his size and speed.

I would just like to see how Hill does in Season 3 on this team when WR's usually break out. After investing 3 training camps and 2 regular season I just want to see if he can offer us anything in Season 3. Given his cost he should be on the team. We do anyone else on this team with his size and speed.

Which receivers are you even referring to? As far as I know Hill was the highest drafted receiver since Santana Moss and I don't even think we've taken a WR in the 3rd round or above since Moss either besides Hill.

Which receivers are you even referring to? As far as I know Hill was the highest drafted receiver since Santana Moss and I don't even think we've taken a WR in the 3rd round or above since Moss either besides Hill.

I was referring to Saunders getting drafted in the 4th round and as correctly pointed out his merit to make the side is based on draft politics.

I was referring to Saunders getting drafted in the 4th round and as correctly pointed out his merit to make the side is based on draft politics.

This makes no sense. Who have we actually done this with? What guy did we cut bait on too early and he actually developed into something? The way I see it, they just suck at actually picking a good WR.

Well Amaro is like a Hybrid receiver.

Izdik blew it with this draft, should have come away with a quality WR.

Who should make the team IMHO:

Decker and Hill start.  Kerley in the slot.   Nelson, Gates and Saunders on the bench.   

Gotta think matchups - Hill and Gates are your speed guys, Nelson and Decker are possession WRs.  Kerley is neither tough enough nor fast enough to start opposite Decker.

Hill is a turnover waiting to happen.  He is the Sanchez of WRs.  I've tried rooting for him and I felt bad for him when he got hurt last year but this preseason I have seen zero improvement.  He still looks the same as he has always looked.  

im kinda torn. on the one hand i wanna see what he could do in year three, he started out strong  both years until he got hurt plus hes big and fast but on the other hand hes still catching with his body, on top of that he sits the rest of the game? idk if that was his decision or not but if that was me id be begging to get back on the field and make an impression or at least to try and save my job. although i must say he was getting open it just seemed like simms didnt ever look at him, i also specifically noticed him beating press a few times

bottom line i couldnt care less what happens to him as long as salas is on this team. guy can catch and he knows how to run routes

has to ?    every summer some guy does well against the #3's.  salas dropped a simms laser tonight, right in both hands.  he's no lock

Yes, "has to".  Who cares what happens in pre-season Game 4 garbage time?  He has simply been better than Nelson and Hill.  Period. 

Hill - Will never be able to use his height and size advantage to fight for balls (like Calvin Johnson) because he needs his body to help him catch  the ball.  I don't think they can break him of this habit.  Time to move on

Hakim - I watched him last night on KR's.  Maybe its just me but other than being really fast he seems to have no feel for setting up his blockers and letting the wedge create holes for him. He just seems to sprint into the action vs. being patient and timing his moves.  If Rex didn't talk him up, I never would have considered he'd make the final roster.  

Saunders - I think you gotta keep him based on draft position even though I don't think he had a single punt return this pre-season that generated positive yards

Salas - That Simms pass would have decapitated him in the days of Jack Tatum.  I could see where he took his eyes off the ball anticipating getting destroyed.  He's a keeper.

Gates - Had me remembering David Clowney on that TD catch.  Another fast dude made of glass that won't come thru when the game is on the line.

Simms - I think we should carry 2 QB's and cut him.  If his last name was Smith or Jones he'd probably already be gone.  If Geno were to go down you could replace Simms' talent off the street if you had to.  Strong arm but zero touch.

Archived