•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Poll: Should the JETS cut Stephen Hill

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Should JETS cut Stephen Hill (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Should JETS cut Stephen Hill

1. Yes. Cut him already. (38 votes [79.17%])

Percentage of vote: 79.17%

2. No. Keep him on the team. (9 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

3. I always have trouble making decisions (1 votes [2.08%])

Percentage of vote: 2.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,546 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

Have your say.

Edited by JetsFanInDenver, 28 August 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#2 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,352 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

marty needs someone to go deep on his play action calls.  keep him as the #4

decker

kerley

nelson

hill

hakim

saunders

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#3 Jetlife33

Jetlife33

Gotham City Football Club

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

marty needs someone to go deep on his play action calls.  keep him as the #4

decker

kerley

nelson

hill

hakim

saunders

No Salas?  :cry:

New-York-Jets-Helmet-2.gif

#4 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,352 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

maybe instead of nelson. 

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#5 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,147 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

Piss on that noise.  Salas has to make this team.

Edited by Il Mostro, 28 August 2014 - 08:23 PM.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#6 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,546 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

Why does Saunders make it ? A whole bunch of guys can fair catch a punt. Kerley too.

#7 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,352 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

Piss on that noise.  Salas has to make this team.

has to ?    every summer some guy does well against the #3's.  salas dropped a simms laser tonight, right in both hands.  he's no lock

#8 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,352 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

Why does Saunders make it ? A whole bunch of guys can fair catch a punt. Kerley too.

4th round pick.  they get at least 2 years

#9 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,599 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Draft politics. He was the first of three WRs they took this year, and none of them are flashing, but is Idzik willing to IR one and cut the other two? I don't think so.

Of course, draft politics is also the only reason to keep Hill around, too, so it all balances out. If he was originally a fourth rounder, no one would give a crap if the Jets were looking at cutting a big fast guy who can't catch.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#10 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,546 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

4th round pick.  they get at least 2 years

Draft politics. He was the first of three WRs they took this year, and none of them are flashing, but is Idzik willing to IR one and cut the other two? I don't think so.

Of course, draft politics is also the only reason to keep Hill around, too, so it all balances out. If he was originally a fourth rounder, no one would give a crap if the Jets were looking at cutting a big fast guy who can't catch.

That's the problem with the JETS drafting of WR's:

Step 1. Draft them way ahead of where they deserve.

Step 2.  Keep them on the team no matter what.

Step 3. After investing 2 years in prospect then cut them.

Step 4. Rinse and repeat. Draft a WR way ahead of where they deserve.

And then we wonder why we don't develop WR's on this team.

I would just like to see how Hill does in Season 3 on this team when WR's usually break out. After investing 3 training camps and 2 regular season I just want to see if he can offer us anything in Season 3. Given his cost he should be on the team. We do anyone else on this team with his size and speed.

#11 Jets Voice of Reason

Jets Voice of Reason

Are you listening?

• Members
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

I would just like to see how Hill does in Season 3 on this team when WR's usually break out. After investing 3 training camps and 2 regular season I just want to see if he can offer us anything in Season 3. Given his cost he should be on the team. We do anyone else on this team with his size and speed.

Which receivers are you even referring to? As far as I know Hill was the highest drafted receiver since Santana Moss and I don't even think we've taken a WR in the 3rd round or above since Moss either besides Hill.

Remember that time a few months ago when I said I had blue balls, and you, well, you gave a brother a hand?

That would be it for me..

#12 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,546 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:51 PM

Which receivers are you even referring to? As far as I know Hill was the highest drafted receiver since Santana Moss and I don't even think we've taken a WR in the 3rd round or above since Moss either besides Hill.

I was referring to Saunders getting drafted in the 4th round and as correctly pointed out his merit to make the side is based on draft politics.

#13 Jets Voice of Reason

Jets Voice of Reason

Are you listening?

• Members
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

I was referring to Saunders getting drafted in the 4th round and as correctly pointed out his merit to make the side is based on draft politics.

This makes no sense. Who have we actually done this with? What guy did we cut bait on too early and he actually developed into something? The way I see it, they just suck at actually picking a good WR.

Remember that time a few months ago when I said I had blue balls, and you, well, you gave a brother a hand?

That would be it for me..

#14 Obrien2Toon

Obrien2Toon

Harbaugh or Bevell please!!!

• Members
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

Add Wilson too. Get rid off these bust draft picks, admit our mistakes and move on. Wilson has been no better than Dowling, the only difference is Bellicheck has the balls to admit he blew the pick and move on.

#15 joewilly12

joewilly12

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

We have 3 WRs Decker Kerley and Nelson other than that we suck at WR so much for that deep WR draft.

#16 deucebag

deucebag

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:13 PM

Well Amaro is like a Hybrid receiver.

Izdik blew it with this draft, should have come away with a quality WR.

Who should make the team IMHO:

Decker and Hill start.  Kerley in the slot.   Nelson, Gates and Saunders on the bench.   

Gotta think matchups - Hill and Gates are your speed guys, Nelson and Decker are possession WRs.  Kerley is neither tough enough nor fast enough to start opposite Decker.

#17 Drums

Drums

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

Hill is a turnover waiting to happen.  He is the Sanchez of WRs.  I've tried rooting for him and I felt bad for him when he got hurt last year but this preseason I have seen zero improvement.  He still looks the same as he has always looked.  

Edited by Drums, 28 August 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#18 joewilly12

joewilly12

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:18 PM

Hill is a turnover waiting to happen.  He is the Sanchez of WRs.  I've tried rooting for him and I felt bad for him when he got hurt last year but this preseason I have seen zero improvement.  He still looks the same as he has always looked.  

Agree

#19 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,546 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

This makes no sense. Who have we actually done this with? What guy did we cut bait on too early and he actually developed into something? The way I see it, they just suck at actually picking a good WR.

We are doing it now!

#20 House Jet

House Jet

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:15 PM

im kinda torn. on the one hand i wanna see what he could do in year three, he started out strong  both years until he got hurt plus hes big and fast but on the other hand hes still catching with his body, on top of that he sits the rest of the game? idk if that was his decision or not but if that was me id be begging to get back on the field and make an impression or at least to try and save my job. although i must say he was getting open it just seemed like simms didnt ever look at him, i also specifically noticed him beating press a few times

bottom line i couldnt care less what happens to him as long as salas is on this team. guy can catch and he knows how to run routes

#21 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,579 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:17 PM

We need another receiver pretty badly...butt Hill is a negative play waiting to happen. I dont see how he makes the roster this year...we dont have time anymore to wait for it to click. It just doesnt seem like it will.

#22 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

6 Years Is Enough. Time To Fire Rex

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

Have your say.

Unfortunately this shouldn't have even been a question because he should have never been a Jet. 

NYJetsScript.gif

#23 Jolot

Jolot

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

Yes ..immediatly

#24 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,579 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

The receiver, KR/PR, cornerback situation couldnt have been handled any worse...the AFC blows. There's zero reason to have this much cap space right now with how little depth this squad currently has.

Edited by Matt39, 28 August 2014 - 10:21 PM.

#25 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,546 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

Unfortunately this shouldn't have even been a question because he should have never been a Jet. 

Yes. But now that he is a JET for 2 seasons at the end of Training Camp 3 what do you say........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users