How many wins do you see on the remaining schedule?

AFJF

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are alot of winnable games on this schedule

this team still hasn't quit on Rex

all those who want this guy fired should listen up

a head coach's first responsibility is getting the guys to play. He's essentially a high paid cheerleader in many programs. Rex does that AND the defense. You all bash him for the O but fact of the matter is he has a group of NFL professionals playing hard in what everyone knows is a meaningless situation. 

That's a good coaching job, when it happens. 

I know you all will say "But BItonti, F U and also why didn't they play hard earlier in the year?" 

and to that I would respond "Imagine if Idzik let him have a real QB competition with Vick."

What kind of GM buys into Geno Smith? I mean, really? 

a head coach's first responsibility is getting the guys to play. He's essentially a high paid cheerleader in many programs. Rex does that AND the defense. You all bash him for the O but fact of the matter is he has a group of NFL professionals playing hard in what everyone knows is a meaningless situation. 

I know you all will say "But BItonti, F U and also why didn't they play hard earlier in the year?" 

and to that I would respond "Imagine if Idzik let him have a real QB competition with Vick."

How many years now has the team "played for Rex" when our season was over?  The guy is a slacker.  Has been since day one.  Every year it's the same sh*t.

Agree on your comment about Geno and Idzik.

Oh feck Bitoni's gone full Rex apologist! - I like Rex but face it, his time here is over! - it's time to burn it all.

For the record they should fire both of em or neither of them.

Rex is doing his job better than Idzik is doing his job. I understand the need for change. 

I don't mind firing Rex and getting someone good.

Letting Idzik pick the next HC will be {insert bestiality joke here}

How many years now has the team "played for Rex" when our season was over?  The guy is a slacker.  Has been since day one.  Every year it's the same sh*t. 

Rex Ryan is not a Bellichek or Parcells. But he is as good an NFL HC as Pete Carroll or John Fox. the difference is on offense.

BTW we all know Chip Kelly's high powered offense got reamed at Lambeau this  weekend (hooray for Sanchez). But that's a team who would kill for a Rex Ryan running their defense. 

Ya need both to win in his league. 

a head coach's first responsibility is getting the guys to play. He's essentially a high paid cheerleader in many programs. Rex does that AND the defense. You all bash him for the O but fact of the matter is he has a group of NFL professionals playing hard in what everyone knows is a meaningless situation.

First off, Rex is a terrible HC. He is awful in all aspects of in-game management, neglects the offensive side of the ball to the extent that he's often on the defensive headset while the offense is on the field, his teams are routinely unprepared and undisciplined, and he is rigid and inflexible in refusing to adapt his schemes to fit his roster. He only excels in throwing people under the bus to excuse his own failings.

His apologists are the reason we'll be a perennially bad football team until he's fired. So long as a sizable minority of this fanbase lobbies for this clown, Woody won't fire him, and we'll continue to be bad.

Rex is a glorified DC (and an overrated one at that), who is in over his head as a HC.

this is Marvin Lewis' coaching record

Team Year Regular Season Post Season
Won Lost Ties Win % Finish Won Lost Win % Result
CIN 2003 8 8 0 .500 2nd in AFC North - - - -
CIN 2004 8 8 0 .500 3rd in AFC North - - - -
CIN 2005 11 5 0 .688 1st in AFC North 0 1 .000 Lost to Pittsburgh Steelers in AFC Wild Card Game.
CIN 2006 8 8 0 .500 2nd in AFC North - - - -
CIN 2007 7 9 0 .438 3rd in AFC North - - - -
CIN 2008 4 11 1 .281 3rd in AFC North - - - -
CIN 2009 10 6 0 .625 1st in AFC North 0 1 .000 Lost to New York Jets in AFC Wild Card Game.
CIN 2010 4 12 0 .250 4th in AFC North - - - -
CIN 2011 9 7 0 .563 3rd in AFC North 0 1 .000 Lost to Houston Texans in AFC Wild Card Game.
CIN 2012 10 6 0 .625 2nd in AFC North 0 1 .000 Lost to Houston Texans in AFC Wild Card Game.
CIN 2013 11 5 0 .688 1st in AFC North 0 1 .000 Lost to San Diego Chargers in AFC Wild Card Game.
CIN 2014 6 3 1 .650 - - -
Total[10] 96 89 2 .519 0 5 .000 -

Rex can't even beat that....

Actually, questioning your logic anymore is the absolute last thing anyone is going to do.

hey i predicted the F U tho 

this is Marvin Lewis' coaching record 

Rex can't even beat that....

Rex has 4 playoff wins, Lewis has 0. 

The original question was how many of these games are winnable, the answer is more than people think. prob not getting to 8 but 6 or 7 is possible if Vick stays healthy. 

I think we can win 1-2 more games.

I don't have any confidence in Vick, I said it last week that the Pittsburght D made him look good, just like they made Mettenberger look good. Just like the Carolina D made Sanchez look good.

We're going to struggle vs Miami and Buffalo's defenses, both of which look better than ours. I think we can beat Tennessee's awful run D, and Mettenberger. It's not going to be pretty... sigh.

I don't have any confidence in Vick, I said it last week that the Pittsburght D made him look good, just like they made Mettenberger look good. Just like the Carolina D made Sanchez look good.

We're going to struggle vs Miami and Buffalo's defenses, both of which look better than ours. I think we can beat Tennessee's awful run D, and Mettenberger. It's not going to be pretty... sigh.

Torn on this after giving it some more thought to be honest.  I just can't look at this secondary on paper and assume they'll beat anyone.  Ugh...

Torn on this after giving it some more thought to be honest.  I just can't look at this secondary on paper and assume they'll beat anyone.  Ugh...

It's going to come down to whether Vick and our run game can keep our defense on the sideline, and probably will also hinge on our DL being able to tear through the opponents OL and harass the QB. 

Basically, if we're going to win, our opponents weaknesses have to be served to our few strengths on a silver platter.

It's going to come down to whether Vick and our run game can keep our defense on the sideline, and probably will also hinge on our DL being able to tear through the opponents OL and harass the QB. 

Basically, if we're going to win, our opponents weaknesses have to be served to our few strengths on a silver platter.

And consistency, I think that's a big part of it.  Some of these games early in the year were kept close because the DL was doing a great job of  harassing the QB through the first half or three quarters, but that's a lot to ask of three huge men in consistently beating the guy(s) in front of them for the whole game with so little room for error.  As soon as the pressure lets up they're finished.

No, me neither. The Pittsburgh game was a rare one for him in that he didn't turn the ball over at all. Can't expect much more of that down the stretch, especially when the team is playing from behind - which will almost certainly be the case more often than not.

I'd happily take a 4-12 season if those two more wins came from sweeping the fish, but I don't see that happening. We'll see how the Jets do this week with two weeks to prepare against a Buffalo team that didn't even have two days. Lol. I suspect the people worried about draft position will be breathing a sigh of relief. Last week's win was that last moment of lucidity in a dying team's life. They avoided the record losing streak, now it's back to business as usual.

Not to mention that it was his first start in a long time and they didn't know what to expect. As the film builds up on him he'll go right back to how he was his last few games in Philly.

No, me neither. The Pittsburgh game was a rare one for him in that he didn't turn the ball over at all. Can't expect much more of that down the stretch, especially when the team is playing from behind - which will almost certainly be the case more often than not.

I'd happily take a 4-12 season if those two more wins came from sweeping the fish, but I don't see that happening. We'll see how the Jets do this week with two weeks to prepare against a Buffalo team that didn't even have two days. Lol. I suspect the people worried about draft position will be breathing a sigh of relief. Last week's win was that last moment of lucidity in a dying team's life. They avoided the record losing streak, now it's back to business as usual.

And to be fair, the only reason had  had no turnovers was because the officials missed his fumble that Pit recovered.

If you can't you don't deserve to be in the playoffs. It's really that simple. That's how you'll know.

They need a sweep to be in the playoffs anyways. They still have to play the Pats and the Broncos. Thats their 5 losses, assuming they beat out Ravens, Vikings and sweep up. Only then its 11-5. I see them going 9-7 and losing both to us. They beat up a bunch of crap teams and shocked the Chargers. 

And to be fair, the only reason had  had no turnovers was because the officials missed his fumble that Pit recovered.

people will conveniently forget that when raging that refs never give the jets any calls due to conspiracy or whatever

This particular argument to save Rex is also gone at this point. 

not an FU, just that reading back this post struck me this morning...it's like Rex read your post and decided to break it as well.

My estimate of 1-4 was too high.  I don't even think we can beat Tennessee anymore.  Can I get a -1 win for the remaining 4?

Archived