What if?

LionelRichie

what if Sheldon RIchardson didn't call that ill-fated TO in Green Bay?   

the Jets offense looked as good as it's looked in years in the 1st half of that game.  The int at the end of the half was costly but w/o the TO the Jets still win the game, Geno is a confident hero, and the Jets are 2-0 heading home to play a weak Bears team. 

Yes, this season is about draft position and cleaning house but does anyone wonder what the record would be today if the ref followed the rules and didn't call a TO?  

the Jets offense looked as good as it's looked in years in the 1st half of that game. The int at the end of the half was costly but w/o the TO the Jets still win the game, Geno is a confident hero, and the Jets are 2-0 heading home to play a weak Bears team.

Yes, this season is about draft position and cleaning house but does anyone wonder what the record would be today if the ref followed the rules and didn't call a TO?

Turning point of the season.

8 of the games we ultimately lost we easily could have won with a different play here or there. But that's what separates great teams from bad teams, the average variance of a win or a loss in the NFL is somewhere around 3 points.

SAR I

what if marty trusted geno enough not to call for the TO in the first place ?

it's a talent thin poorly coached team.  if everything broke just right they would be 6-10

MM did trust Geno vs. Green Bay.   The first half was all about attacking GB with different looks, mostly pass to set up the run.  

I understand just how bad this team is talent wise, especially in the secondary.   I could bump post after post where i was ridiculed for bringing realism to an Idzik fellatio party after the Raiders game.  Still...with all the Jets flaws I kind of believe that if they beat Green Bay they'd be somewhere in the 7-6 / 8-5 range right now.   Confidence is everything in sports and it cannot be faked.  

the Jets offense looked as good as it's looked in years in the 1st half of that game.  The int at the end of the half was costly but w/o the TO the Jets still win the game, Geno is a confident hero, and the Jets are 2-0 heading home to play a weak Bears team. 

Good teams create their own opportunities. They overcome bad calls.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that the Jets have won their division only twice in the past 44 years.

He would drop that stupid nickname "Woody". "Buzz" is much cooler.

As long as woody woodpecker owns the team we're doomed. Idzikiot will be back next year after he hires Dan Quinn and passes on Jameis Winston for someone who sucks and Odell Beckham scores 3tds against us next year while the giants win another Super Bowl.

PLEASE WOODY SELL THE TEAM

That game was really the whole toppling point of the season, and I think even before the timeout fiasco, the end of the first half drive was what killed it for me.  Before that, this was the best start of the season that I remember, being all excited that we may have had a young franchise QB, good defense, and a good offense looking promising.  And then I believe Winters missed the block, which ended up leading to Geno's knees being clipped as he throws to a wide open Sudfeld, and then Sudfeld looking like he saw a UFO in the sky as he backed away from it.    

I don't know if it would've cured all of our problems, especially our porous secondary, but atleast it would've given the team a lot of confidence.  For all the good luck that we had last year, we went completely the other way this year.  Pretty much everything that could go wrong for us, ended up going wrong.  

I don't think I was as high about this team during the first half of that Packers team since the win over the Pats in the playoffs, and to fall apart like this is pretty sad.  

We'd have tied the game, not won it. Still more likely that GB win IMHO.

Rodgers would've had the ball with 4:57 and the game tied 31-31.

What if Mornhinweg (a 20-year NFL coach) learned the rules and knew an OC couldn't call TO?

Rodgers would've had the ball with 4:57 and the game tied 31-31.

What if Mornhinweg (a 20-year NFL coach) learned the rules and knew an OC couldn't call TO?

Or simply trusted his QB to sort the alignment issue in the first place - which he did?

WOW. Psychic energy. I kid you not i was about to post a thread titled What if? but it was going to be What if Rex and Idzick dont get fired and they stick with geno...

In that case, the New Jersey billboard business will skyrocket.  :winking0001:

Archived