We are doomed forever

T0mShane

Cannizzaro: Word in NFL circulating that former Bills HC Doug Marrone was high on @woodyjohnson4 list until smear campaign by one writer "spooked" him

The ******* owner lets a professional troll influence his decisions. Did it in 2012, and is doing it now. There really is no hope.

Sell the team, Woody.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who'd be stupid enough to buy into this horse sh*t? That he was basically already handing over the contract to Marrone before somebody showed him a headline in the Post where some former Jet employee who is out of a job trashes Marrone and suddenly Woody is like "Noooooooo! Quick! Burn the damn contract! We can't hire him! Don't let him sign it! Goooo!!!!". You'd have to be a special kind of gullible to believe that. Even Fatcesa said on his own show that plain and simple the interview didn't go too well, something turned Woody off about Marrone when they talked. That's it. The people around Woody wanted him to hire Marrone but he just didn't pass when they interviewed.

Who'd be stupid enough to buy into this horse sh*t? That he was basically already handing over the contract to Marrone before somebody showed him a headline in the Post where some former Jet employee who is out of a job trashes Marrone and suddenly Woody is like "Noooooooo! Quick! Burn the damn contract! We can't hire him! Don't let him sign it! Goooo!!!!". You'd have to be a special kind of gullible to believe that. Even Fatcesa said on his own show that plain and simple the interview didn't go too well, something turned Woody off about Marrone when they talked. That's it. The people around Woody wanted him to hire Marrone but he just didn't pass when they interviewed.

You'd be surprised.  I mean, Cannizarro said somebody told him it's "the word"....that's pretty much like having it all on tape.

The ******* owner lets a professional troll influence his decisions. Did it in 2012, and is doing it now. There really is no hope.

Sell the team, Woody.

Seriously what is new with this team? Would be better off by Woody sending team to LA and getting a new franchise.

I'll take any excuse to think the team is doomed, but this is a little weak. JLC and Francesa both said Marrone interviewed poorly, and the latter in particular would race to a microphone with a story like this.

Agreed, maybe it got them to delve deeper into him, But even Woody knows that somebody out there has an agenda against any successful person.

Sell the team, Woody.

I don't believe that for a minute.  I heard Mike Westhoff on the Kay/Lagreca show yesterday, he said his very reliable sources told him Marrone had an awful interview.  There is no way Woody is letting that a$$hole Mansih Mehta influence him.  As proof, Mehta dislikes Maccagnan also, but it appears he will be our next GM.

Are we now going to have a 10+ page thread "bashing" Woody over some rumor???  Really???

Could it be possible that Marrone DID interview poorly and didn't have a proper plan for the team

and that "spooked" Woody???  If that's the case thank goodness Woody was "spooked"

Are we now going to have a 10+ page thread "bashing" Woody over some rumor???  Really???

Could it be possible that Marrone DID interview poorly and didn't have a proper plan for the team

and that "spooked" Woody???  If that's the case thank goodness Woody was "spooked"

The Bashing is Justified, What good org hires a coach before a GM. this is now twice in a row.

The Bashing is Justified, What good org hires a coach before a GM. this is now twice in a row.

It doesn't make at least SOME sense to you that we'd try everything we can to make sure we get the best HC out there with all those other teams trying to do EXACTLY the same?! What's your solution? Wait? Hire a GM first, let the other teams pick up the best HC cancidates and then end up with...what...Sparano? Mangini? Rex? Give me a break. The GM's are not going anywhere, we have our pick, whenver we want. There are no GM openings in the NFL right now. However, we do have half a dozen teams going HARD after the best HC cancidates. Of course they're a priority.

And last time I checked we haven't hired a GM yet, so calm down.

I don't believe Woody would be influenced by an obviously biased Mehta. I do find it funny though that Marrone had a terrible interview.  The guy has been a head coach at 2 places before and supposedly killed the Bills interview which led to him being hired.  I think people just make this crap up.  Woody had a plan to interview a bunch of candidates and he may like Quinn better, it doesn't mean Marrone was awful.  No one really knows what goes on behind those closed doors.

I don't believe Woody would be influenced by an obviously biased Mehta. I do find it funny though that Marrone had a terrible interview.  The guy has been a head coach at 2 places before and supposedly killed the Bills interview which led to him being hired.  I think people just make this crap up.  Woody had a plan to interview a bunch of candidates and he may like Quinn better, it doesn't mean Marrone was awful.  No one really knows what goes on behind those closed doors.

Perhaps by "awful" it was meant that he and Woody didn't share the same philosophy. Maybe Marrone demanded a certain GM, or a final say on personnel.  It doesn't mean he went in there like a blithering idiot.

They Hired Quinn, cant announce it before SB

lol, they can announce it as soon as the hawks lose.  they will interview him one last time as well most likely.   I'm sure they discussed quinn with macc and macc with quinn.  woody's #1 goal is a happy marriage, that is what he is after

the order it is announced is completely meaningless

Perhaps by "awful" it was meant that he and Woody didn't share the same philosophy. Maybe Marrone demanded a certain GM, or a final say on personnel.  It doesn't mean he went in there like a blithering idiot.

Could be. I wonder just what philosophy Woody might have.  Woody loved Rex who probably talked to him and made him feel like one of the guys.  Marrone would probably have no patience for that, like Mangini, who probably didn't want to waste time  talking football to an entitled rich guy.

lol, they can announce it as soon as the hawks lose.  they will interview him one last time as well most likely.   I'm sure they discussed quinn with macc and macc with quinn.  woody's #1 goal is a happy marriage, that is what he is after

the order it is announced is completely meaningless

Hawks are going to SB

Is that your same Crystal Ball that guaranteed a Bama national championship?

I guaranteed NO NC for Bama, they have lost so many Jrs over past 3 yrs, they are loaded for BEAR next yr. I wanted Bama to play FSU in 1st rd, always felt that was an easier game, Making Final 4 is a major accomplishment!

Quinn is a done deal. I have no issues with him, but good Orgs have GM make the hire.

I guaranteed NO NC for Bama, they have lost so many Jrs over past 3 yrs, they are loaded for BEAR next yr. I wanted Bama to play FSU in 1st rd, always felt that was an easier game, Making Final 4 is a major accomplishment!

Quinn is a done deal. I have no issues with him, but good Orgs have GM make the hire.

quinn interviewed at 4 places.  there may be strong feelings, but the NFL is a big boy league, lots of people get scammed nothing is done until the ink is dry

macc announcement probably coming monday.  if hawks are out, quinn announcement probably comes thursday.  if hawks are still in, woody's nerves get tested

Archived