PATS' BRANDON SPIKES UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR AN ALLEGED HIT AND RUN

jeaniec

I obviously didn't go to law school, but they can't prove DUI at this point because he fled. So he's got that going for him at least.

He would have been better off staying and getting the DUI. Hit and run is a worse offense.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In NYS fleeing is way less serious then crashing into another car drunk.

Of course they released him, now the media can say what a class act they are for not putting up with a player comitting a crime.

Boy, the Pats have had one crappy off season.  :happy0071:

I obviously didn't go to law school, but they can't prove DUI at this point because he fled. So he's got that going for him at least.

In many states, (NJ for one) the penalties for leaving the scene can be about as severe as those for DUI.  In addition, even though blood alcohol level can't be scientifically proven, if there are witnesses that attest to Spikes drinking that night, the judge can infer DUI or levy the harshest penalty available to the court, if the judge so desires.  

Who are bigger scumbags, the Gators under Urban Myer or the Cheatriots?

It's a tough question, although it seems as if the Football gods have punished the Gators for their ways, yet somehow keep rewarding with Cheatriots.

Its strange but is there any shock that BB and Myer have a close friendship? 

It's a tough question, although it seems as if the Football gods have punished the Gators for their ways, yet somehow keep rewarding with Cheatriots.

If going to the Sugar Bowl only once in the last 5 years is punishment, sign me up.

If going to the Sugar Bowl only once in the last 5 years is punishment, sign me up.

But of course... a shining example of "the Patriot Way"

Headcoach: scumbag

Owner: Scumbag

QB: Scumbag

Lion's share of fan base: Scumbags

Were you a fan of the Gators during the Tebow years? With the exception of Tebow, I'm pretty sure Meyer recruited nothing but thugs with gang affiliations during those seasons. BTW, I'm not saying Bowden and FSU didn't do the same thing (if anything, they were worse during the 80s-90s).

What do you mean by taking the leap?

I feel that he's poised to have a pro bowl type season.

I'm just not sure how the Bills are going to be able to deal with his contract demands next year.

Well, what is the tallest building in Buffalo?  The leap may have something to do with that.

He's probably going to be our starting QB - doubt that this would cause him to want to take the leap - can you cite an article where you read this?

I feel that he's poised to have a pro bowl type season.

I'm just not sure how the Bills are going to be able to deal with his contract demands next year.

GM Whaley will get the job done.

I don't know.

20 million a year is the going rate for a Super Bowl winning QB.

Tyrod Taylor is not a SB winning QB -  we are not going to the SB this year either.  After 15 years,  we'll take playoffs - have to crawl before you walk

But of course... a shining example of "the Patriot Way"

Headcoach: scumbag

Owner: Scumbag

QB: Scumbag

Lion's share of fan base: Scumbags

Headcoach:  Nobody.

Owner:  Absent

QB:  *crickets*

Fan base:  Whiny hypocritical fan boys. 

Weird situation. Was it hit and run? Car was found near accident site.

If I was his lawyer, I'd argue the other car left and he stopped. He was too shaken by the experience to drive home. He was afraid to report it because he didn't think it was a big deal since the other car left and he was afraid for his career. Basically try to build a failure to report plea. Of course it is obvious BS but hey, that's a lawyer's specialty.

Who's your college team?

Were you a fan of the Gators during the Tebow years? With the exception of Tebow, I'm pretty sure Meyer recruited nothing but thugs with gang affiliations during those seasons. BTW, I'm not saying Bowden and FSU didn't do the same thing (if anything, they were worse during the 80s-90s).

I was fortunate enough to be stuffed between the Spurrier and Myer years and got the Zook years, baby!  Though I was in Doak when the team carried him off the field the day you named it Bowden Field.  Also graduated right before the back to back Basketball Champ years too.  So yes, I've been a fan before those years.  And yes, Urban recruited the scum of the earth.  That first National Championship, with mostly good dudes, were all Zook's recruits. Then Urban's recruits started showing up and yep, they were all thug turds but they were winning.

And yes, you cant talk...at all.  haha

Archived