Chan Gaily Ranked #3 Offensive Coordinator...

njjetman

Thank you!!!

What a great find!!

One wonders what would have happened if the Jets at least approached the drafting and development of Sanchez with this kind of care? 

Even if it doesn't work it was a smart move and I can be happy as a Jets fan that at least we are attempting to do the correct thing...

If Chan Gaily can get Geno Smith to play consistently well at quarterback then he will be touted as a miracle worker and a savior for the Jets. Since he is ranked as the 3rd best Offensive coordinator in the NFL then there is no reason for the Jets to struggle in scoring. They do have a decent amount of talent in the wide receiver depth chart.In the past the trend for the Jets was to always settle for the field goal instead of the touchdown because their drives would always stall out. Hopefully this season the Jets change the usual narrative and  score more touchdowns instead of  settling for 3 point attempts. I can only hope it goes that way.

MM was ranked dead last last year for NFL OC's..

Well I don't know anything about the rankings, who created them and what criteria they used. Just saying that every Jets message board that I read was inundated with countless posts praising him being hired, his resume being cited in thread after thread. I thought he was a good hire as well, not trying to say that I knew better, just that I'm more skeptical this year.

I like the hire, but I'm skeptical. Morninwheg had an excellent resume when we hired him as well. Show me the points - I'm tired of watching a boring team that can't score.

The glowing reports of MM had to do with the success of the O in Philly. Every report included the warning that Reid was an offensive coach who ran successful offenses before Philly and could be more of the reason why the Eagle offense was top rated.

We should know rather quickly. If Chris Ivory gets 20+ carries vs. Oakland, the Jets might have the right guy. If Ivory gets 11 carries and Geno throws 40 passes with multiple picks... take a hike Chan.

Jets open against browns not oakland.....In Chan I trust I'm sure he will mix it up and adjust well to the teams strength and the other teams weakness

Jets open against browns not oakland.....In Chan I trust I'm sure he will mix it up and adjust well to the teams strength and the other teams weakness

Thanks again for the video.

What I liked about their analysis was the fact that it appeared to be very fair and balanced, in that they gave solid reasons why Chan is a very good OC.  What I like about Chan is people believe that Chan will give Geno a fair shot at being an effective starting QB and that is all we can ask.

I don't know how Chan can be ranked number 3 now he's be out of the NFL for 2 years.. I know the Bills new OC Roman is ranked in the top 10 around 6 or so..

Read his WIKI page....  Gailey has had very little long term success.

I like what I hear but geez....  what has he accomplished at the professional level?

They used the "riding off into the sunset" thing with Gailey multiple times in that video. Cowboys never actually did that. If you ride off into the sunset that means you'll have to make camp just outside of the town you just left. Dumb.

I have seen hundreds of Westerns and that thought had never occurred to me. Amazing!

The problem is the fact remains, being an NFL qb takes time for some. And as jets fans , some of you have ruined the process of Geno getting better for yourselves because you bash him everyday. If that time ever comes that he is a legit qb , you have already made up your mind based on a few games from his first couple of years that you will never like him. You will continue to point out flaws in his game even if we are winning.

I don't know how Chan can be ranked number 3 now he's be out of the NFL for 2 years.. I know the Bills new OC Roman is ranked in the top 10 around 6 or so..

Well he hasn't sucked lately so there is that

The problem is the fact remains, being an NFL qb takes time for some. And as jets fans , some of you have ruined the process of Geno getting better for yourselves because you bash him everyday. If that time ever comes that he is a legit qb , you have already made up your mind based on a few games from his first couple of years that you will never like him. You will continue to point out flaws in his game even if we are winning.

Yeah his development is dependent on message board posts. I will win power ball tonight. I will win power ball tonight. I will win power ball tonight...

Kind of pointless without any context. Who's number 1? Norv turner?

Here's the ranking of the 3 top offense coordinators according to nfl.com

Who will garner attention in next offseason's hiring cycle? Well, obviously, that'll depend on how things play out in the 2015 campaign. But as of right now, these three guys stand out among current coordinators:

1) Teryl Austin, defensive coordinator, Detroit Lions

2) Josh McDaniels, offensive coordinator, New England Patriots

3) Hue Jackson, offensive coordinator, Cincinnati Bengals

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000498592/article/ranking-the-top-20-coordinators-across-the-nfl-who-is-no-1

We should know rather quickly. If Chris Ivory gets 20+ carries vs. Oakland, the Jets might have the right guy. If Ivory gets 11 carries and Geno throws 40 passes with multiple picks... take a hike Chan.

I thought it was how many points and yards the offense gets that counts, not how a fan wants the run/pass divided in the first week of July.  If they split the ball the way you describe and move it all over the Raiders and score a ton of points I don't think anyone will complain

They used the "riding off into the sunset" thing with Gailey multiple times in that video.  Cowboys never actually did that.  If you ride off into the sunset that means you'll have to make camp just outside of the town you just left.  Dumb.

The final scene of "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" had Clint riding off into the sunset.  Now I know you're not dissing Clint!

Also worth mentioning are "Shane", and "Pale Rider".

I declare this the silliest post of the day.

Archived