The only solution to salvage this season is to trade for a QB.

joewilly12

Fitz' upside is more along those of Rich Gannon.

Anyone that says he's not any good didn't watch him play last year. He just looks like a real NFL QB.

He's far better than Geno, and better than anyone we've had around here for a long time.

By the most critical measure Fitz was no worse than 18th in the league(ESPN), or as high as 8th(PFF). 9th in passer rating.  

He spent his entire career coming from behind. He's a better QB playing tied, or with the lead. If our defense plays well, and Marshall, and Decker stay healthy he can win a lot of games.

Fitz is a streaky, short-term stop gap. Essentially wasting more time because the Jets are still without a franchise QB. He will play 3 good games, then 4 bad ones. The Jets ceiling is 10-6 with a divisional playoff exit. Whoopy doo. Been there, done that. More likely 8-8.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peyton, and Luck are really the only top picks that are among the elite.

Off the top of my head the best non top 10 picks, and not the first QBs drafted Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Romo, and Ryan. Obviously you do not need to have the number one pick to find a franchise QB.

I'm still looking forward to how Fitz looks on a team with a great defense, a consistent running game, and multiple receiving options. He's never been on a team where he didn't need to win games from behind. He has looked very good in games where he has an early lead.

Sounds good.... Let's hope.

game one our D looked old however.

Sounds good.... Let's hope.

game one our D looked old however.

Peyton, and Luck are really the only top picks that are among the elite.

Off the top of my head the best non top 10 picks, and not the first QBs drafted Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Romo, and Ryan. Obviously you do not need to have the number one pick to find a franchise QB.

I'm still looking forward to how Fitz looks on a team with a great defense, a consistent running game, and multiple receiving options. He's never been on a team where he didn't need to win games from behind. He has looked very good in games where he has an early lead.

And Pitt cut a 9th rd pick named Johnny Unitas..That would be a 4th rd pick today the same as Petty..Hmmm :winking0001:

Fitz is a streaky, short-term stop gap. Essentially wasting more time because the Jets are still without a franchise QB. He will play 3 good games, then 4 bad ones. The Jets ceiling is 10-6 with a divisional playoff exit. Whoopy doo. Been there, done that. More likely 8-8.

Perhaps I missed it earlier in the conversation ... But what would you have preferred this year?

Perhaps I missed it earlier in the conversation ... But what would you have preferred this year?

I am a firm believer that Mariota would have solved the franchise QB drought. I am very pleased that Leo Williams fell to the Jets at #6 and they did the right thing and drafted him. However, I really was hoping the Jets would figure out a way to get to #2. Even the Steel Curtain needed Bradshaw to win Super Bowls.

So we've gone from the Jets can make to the playoffs if Fitz starts over Geno to we need to trade for a QB, any QB because we're going nowhere with Fitz at QB?

Discuss

Welcome to Jetnation, where the sky has been falling since 2005.

I am a firm believer that Mariota would have solved the franchise QB drought. I am very pleased that Leo Williams fell to the Jets at #6 and they did the right thing and drafted him. However, I really was hoping the Jets would figure out a way to get to #2. Even the Steel Curtain needed Bradshaw to win Super Bowls.

Correction......Bradshaw needed the Steel Curtain to win Super Bowls. :winking0001:

Correction......Bradshaw needed the Steel Curtain to win Super Bowls. :winking0001:

+1 Exactly before the rule change that started in 1978 Bradshaw was tough but nothing to get excited about.. The Steel curtain was the force that drove the team, once the offensive rule changes went into effect Bradshaw's stats looked better check it out..

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/players.nsf/ID/05110003

Mariota looked terrible facing the worst defense in the NFL. Take his d-ck out of ur mouth for 2 seconds.

Leonard Williams is going to have a much better NFL career than mariota.

Appreciate the reply ... If the cost was next 4 first round pics ... Or next 3 and Mo for Mariota you'd do it?

So are you. 

Tebow scored more points than the entire Jets team in the first pre season game. 

I think fitz will be an adequate starter for the jets, if he stays healthy. with the past 5  or so years  of qb play, adequate qb play should be welcomed with open arms. fitz is the best option as of this moment

I think fitz will be an adequate starter for the jets, if he stays healthy. with the past 5  or so years  of qb play, adequate qb play should be welcomed with open arms. fitz is the best option as of this moment

Only option at this moment.  i hope he does well here and I will support him until then he's just another Jets JAG backup like so many before him Mirer,Fiedler,Carter,Brunell,Vick.......

Archived