Fitzpatrick fans read this.

joewilly12

This might be a record for most neg rep on a post lol.

Considering this classic one occurred back when the number of neg reps were limited, -12 was very impressive:

Would be even worse if he didn't give himself positive rep for it :rl:

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How bad is the bearded one? The Jets are Fitzpatrick’s fourth team in four years. If he stays healthy enough to start the Jets’ season opener Sept. 13 against the Browns, they will be the sixth team for which he starts. He has started 89 games in 10 seasons — he is 33-55-1 — and not one of his teams has ever made the playoffs. The good news is that means he should fit in just fine with the Jets.

Record means nothing to me. That's a team effort. His stats speak more

Here is an interesting graph about Fitz compared to a few other starting QBs in the league.

Yep.  Fitz is the best of both worlds as far as stopgaps.  Good enough to play at the level of an average QB but not someone the Jets will invest multiple years on and overpay. 

Here is an interesting graph about Fitz compared to a few other starting QBs in the league.

Yeah but he only won 6 games most of his career!!! Therefore he is the Ivy League Jamarcus Russell!

Yep.  Fitz is the best of both worlds as far as stopgaps.  Good enough to play at the level of an average QB but not someone the Jets will invest multiple years on and overpay. 

Not to mention a much better mentor to Bryce Petty.  That could be a huge plus.

Did you ever watch football? Do you understand what they're trying to do? Two training camps and from your mothers basement you know a player, any player won't develop. Good for you. Send your resume to all 32 teams.

Just don't tell people that the guy who can't beat out a shltty QB, the so called worst QB in the league, DUH, should start. Why? Because he can't beat out a QB who sucks. Makes sense

If you watched football you'd obviously know Geno sucked. The stats says he sucks, the eye test test says he sucks, NFL offensive coaches say he sucks. But keep on believing that he's a franchise qb. I'm sure that will work out just swell for you. 

this statement makes it seem like Geno had nothing to do with it. "Circumstances" like owing people money and taunting them about it? it's the same immaturity that caused him to fall to rd2 three years ago. He doesn't have to be perfect as a QB but he should be getting better as a person. That isn't happening. 

I've clearly stated numerous times that Geno is an immature a$$hole and that's why he's no longer the starter.  He created the circumstance.  Never denied that but you have selective reading and like to use portions of posts to make your point so I'll forgive you for accusing me of exonerating Geno in this situation. 

I've clearly stated numerous times that Geno is an immature a$$hole and that's why he's no longer the starter.  He created the circumstance.  Never denied that but you have selective reading and like to use portions of posts to make your point so I'll forgive you for accusing me of exonerating Geno in this situation. 

Sorry, "circumstances" made me believe you were a Geno Smith lover.  ;)

My point is anyone putting stock into Geno looking good in training camp or winning a "qb competition" is horribly naive. It's the same sh*t of Geno year 3, Geno looks good in traing camp, beats out the veteran proceeds to suck ass when he starts playing regular season games. Ever heard the definition of insanity, it's expecting things to change when doing the same thing over and over again. Geno sucks, his role in the league is a backup qb. He's not starter material, the fact that this team continues to waste time developing this moron blows my mind. He's garbage and is the reason why this team is one of the worst teams in the NFL. In case you didn't realize we went 4-12 with this moron blowing games with his stellar 3 picks on 7 passes or something like that.

Who cares what he is, if he's the best QB on your roster, beats out the competition he starts and you hope he does better than the year before. It's simple

Wow, just no way. There seemed to be a lot of pressure from the GM's office to start Geno, but on the field, he was getting seriously outplayed. If Sanchez hadn't gotten hurt, he would've been the coaches' choice to start opening day. And that would've been the best possible scenario for Geno, too, who clearly was not ready. Idzik making a unilateral decision contrary to what was playing out on the field would not constitute Sanchez being beaten out badly. Sanchez lost his job to injury. Only at that point had he started his last game for the Jets.

I didn't think so. But more to the point, here wasn't a chance that they were going back to Sanchez after miserable play again down the stretch and his benching. As players said at the time. Rex couldn't go into the lockerroom and tell his players that the QB who sucked and cost them games would be back leading the team

Sorry, "circumstances" made me believe you were a Geno Smith lover.   ;)

Lover?  No.  But did I want him to start the season?  Yes.  For the reason I've mentioned too many times at this point.

The good thing now is, we can ally rally around the conquering hero and hope he can do something he's never done before and win more than 6 games.  He certainly has the talented surrounding him to finally do so...but this is the Jets so his average of 6 wins per seems just about right.

Man. Geno could whiz on your leg and you might make comments about humidity.

Coaching and front office gave every chance in the world for Geno to start (his "upside" at that point far eclipsed Sanchez's known quantity, some foreshadowing there) but he was godawful and Rex reluctantly had to name Sanchez, who didn't shine much brighter, the starter.

Simms, I think, showed a flash or two that made more some interesting messageboard grist, but we were f'd at quarterback. The hope was Geno would improve after a few starts. The hope for Geno has evolved into some hope he improves after a few more seasons. As starting QB. God help us all.

All except Rex didn't name Sanchez the starter.

And none of this should a thing to do with what anyone thinks about Geno. Sanchez wasn't going to start, there was no way Rex was going to his team and tying to sell them on Sanchez being able to win after his last two seasons,

If you watched football you'd obviously know Geno sucked. The stats says he sucks, the eye test test says he sucks, NFL offensive coaches say he sucks. But keep on believing that he's a franchise qb. I'm sure that will work out just swell for you.

What is this th 5th post where you've lectured me how he sucks as your way of explaining how he won 8 games as a rookie. But keep saying he sucks. And keep ignoring that he did improve in year 2. While repeating he sucks. Move on already.

What is this th 5th post where you've lectured me how he sucks as your way of explaining how he won 8 games as a rookie. But keep saying he sucks. And keep ignoring that he did improve in year 2. While repeating he sucks. Move on already.

Kid got benched throughout the season last year. Boy what potential, flashes I tell you flashes.

Kid got benched throughout the season last year. Boy what potential, flashes I tell you flashes.

So true...Geno doesn't even have support in the locker room aside from Marshall...and the only reason Marshall is behind Geno is because Marshall is kinda like a born again Christian for idiots these days.

Yes he did, he deserved and needed to sit. He did, once, not throughout the year. Came back and had the second highest QB rating in football playing like anyone would want their QB to play over the last 5 games of the season.

So? .

you have never seen Qbs get better in year 3 and beyond? at this point after the incident it probably is time but it was worth a shot to give him one last chance going into this season.

It used to once be said it takes a QB 3 years to develop.. we have all heard it before .. But you add Luck and Wilson day 1 success in the league and people think it's now the standard and not the exception

How bad is the bearded one? The Jets are Fitzpatrick’s fourth team in four years. If he stays healthy enough to start the Jets’ season opener Sept. 13 against the Browns, they will be the sixth team for which he starts. He has started 89 games in 10 seasons — he is 33-55-1 — and not one of his teams has ever made the playoffs. The good news is that means he should fit in just fine with the Jets.

you needed to start a new thread for this crap ? You that desperate for attention ?

Yes he did, he deserved and needed to sit. He did, once, not throughout the year. Came back and had the second highest QB rating in football playing like anyone would want their QB to play over the last 5 games of the season.

So? .

And your point? Fitz through 6 tds against the Jags but Geno supporters blow that game off while fellating Geno for his Miami performance.

Wow, just no way. There seemed to be a lot of pressure from the GM's office to start Geno, but on the field, he was getting seriously outplayed. If Sanchez hadn't gotten hurt, he would've been the coaches' choice to start opening day. And that would've been the best possible scenario for Geno, too, who clearly was not ready. Idzik making a unilateral decision contrary to what was playing out on the field would not constitute Sanchez being beaten out badly. Sanchez lost his job to injury. Only at that point had he started his last game for the Jets.

Don't bother. Jet nut is a fool who loves whoever the starting QB is. Hell be bashing Geno more than anyone when he is out of the league next year flipping burgers.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

He won 8 games with nothing but a top 3 defense, top 3 running game, and the weakest schedule in the league. If I remember right we won 3 very fluky games, and were outscored terribly for the season, but good QBs win games.  

Archie Manning was 35-101-3

And your point? Fitz through 6 tds against the Jags but Geno supporters blow that game off while fellating Geno for his Miami performance.

Very relevant point

If Fitz's best game under mildly unusual circumstances shouldn't count ... Neither should Geno's

Sorry JIF & friends ... This is not NE ... Let's play fair!

Don't bother. Jet nut is a fool who loves whoever the starting QB is. Hell be bashing Geno more than anyone when he is out of the league next year flipping burgers.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

How would you know? You consistently miss the point, don't have a clue who I like or don't like. You're too stupid to realize slats and I agree.

You've taken this talent to three boards now.

Fitz was exactly what you should expect from him. No stupid mistakes. no 20 yard sacks, no butt fumbles, no stupid INTs at the wrong time, yet also nothing spectacular as a QB. If we get a good year from Ivory and our defense plays well, the crutches of Marshall and Decker will make Fitz just serviceable enough to win with. 

Rex may still have a job if he had a Fitzpatrick backing up Geno the last 2 years. 

Fitz was exactly what you should expect from him. No stupid mistakes. no 20 yard sacks, no butt fumbles, no stupid INTs at the wrong time, yet also nothing spectacular as a QB. If we get a good year from Ivory and our defense plays well, the crutches of Marshall and Decker will make Fitz just serviceable enough to win with. 

Rex may still have a job if he had a Fitzpatrick backing up Geno the last 2 years. 

You are right, Fitzpatrick managed the game well.

Archived