I am going to state the painfully obvious....

BowlesMovement

I can't believe I am hearing the we should of kept Rex BS after the 2nd preseason game. Can we give our new coach some time before we kick him out of town, he inherited a mess. Then with the Geno and Sheldon BS. Bowles already said that they are not game planning they are letting these guys play to evaluate them. I am concerned about our offense, but as far as our D goes let's see what happens against Cleveland. Hopefully Bowles is calling the defensive plays.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My gut says no.  And,  Rex will be in Buffalo for a long time

My gut says you are tired of hearing all the Jets fans talking down your new HC ... So felt like some payback was in order.

Our team certainly needs to improve on their 1st quarter performance all around though ... So you do have good timing for when to deliver your counter-punch.

Well done!

Was at the game last night.

6 takeaways...

A.    Williams is a beast and is something special.

B.    Petty looked sharper and more composed than last week.

C.    Marshall looked good.

D.    Galley needs to throw it downfield more to spread the defense.

When Fitz was at QB, he didn't throw any passes more than 10 yards.

E.     Special teams needs work on both sides of the ball.

F.     17 penalties is way too much.

All is certainly not lost.

I didn't wish ill will on Mangini or Herm when they left, and I won't on Rex.

That said, all three carried HUGE red flags into their next jobs because all three, somehow, believed they were shortchanged by the Jets and that their way was the Gospel truth to football success.

Neither of the 3 conducted any retrospection to determine what worked and what didn't in order to improve on their failings.  As such, Mangini and Herm repeated the same prior mistakes with the Jets and failed miserably.  By Rex assembling the same staff that he had with the Jets for the most part and all his bravado, will he avoid the same fate?

Mangini had  Chad,Favre and Clemens who never developed.. Herm had Vinny and Chad and Rex had Sanchez and Metal Mouth.. The thing Rex is repeating is not having a decent QB unless someone develops this year we will see..

My gut says no.  And,  Rex will be in Buffalo for a long time

That is a pretty big prediction. You think he will stay there after they fire him in a few years?

I hadn't really thought about that. But if the upper tier housing market is in bad shape, maybe he will have to stay. He might not be financially able to take a big loss on the house.

We made a huge mistake letting our HC Rex Ryan leave. The team looks like complete garbage. They are undisciplined, uninspiring, and both the offense and defense look completely lost. Bowles is in way over his head, Gailey looks like a disaster, and Rex is going to be wildly successful in Buffalo. Why does this always happen to us???????????

Since we are stating the obvious, they never should have let Sal Alosi go.

Any coach that is willing to put his body on the line for the job is a keeper.

There's no denying that Rex is a defensive genius (IMO).  Greg Roman is pretty much running the offense.  My only concern is our QB.  However,  I  was really impressed with Tyrod Taylor's performance (thursday night's game) and EJ , who looked good, could have been much better with our first line defense.

Greg Roman will run the offense a couple weeks and then Rex will force the offense more and more conservative and force more and more wildcat. It is what he does every year. 

Obviously our defense will be worse, but hopefully our offense won't suffer like under Rex.

I don't like bowles at all, but come on. New system, new QB, new players. We won't know what kind of team we have until week 4 or five.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

LOL, you don't like Bowels why?

This thread?

LMAO

:bs_lame:

We made a huge mistake letting our HC Rex Ryan leave. The team looks like complete garbage. They are undisciplined, uninspiring, and both the offense and defense look completely lost. Bowles is in way over his head, Gailey looks like a disaster, and Rex is going to be wildly successful in Buffalo. Why does this always happen to us???????????

Actually, this is Rex residue. The team has played undisciplined and uninspired for the last 4 years. Give it time and it will go away. Rex will be lucky to go 8-8 this year. Did you really expect the team to be firing on all cylinders week two of the new regimes first preseason? I'm sure you did troll. 

Actually, this is Rex residue. The team has played undisciplined and uninspired for the last 4 years. Give it time and it will go away. Rex will be lucky to go 8-8 this year. Did you really expect the team to be firing on all cylinders week two of the new regimes first preseason? I'm sure you did troll. 

And finally Rex gets the blame..LOL

My gut says you are tired of hearing all the Jets fans talking down your new HC ... So felt like some payback was in order.

Our team certainly needs to improve on their 1st quarter performance all around though ... So you do have good timing for when to deliver your counter-punch.

Well done!

I like Bowles.  I just think it's going to be a while for your team   to make a comeback and he'll be run out of town before he has a chance to make it happen.

i'm honestly not that worried about the efense at all. theres too much talent for them not to be decent. as long as there arent any significant injuries the defense will be fine. the jets success or lack of will come down to qb play....just like it always does in todays nfl. you just cant really have sustained success unless you get really good play from your quarterback. its just that simple really

This is as comical as quitting on him at this time. Same thing.

The team hasn't shown any improvement, Bowles hasn't won or lost a game, and the NY media hasn't sunk its teeth in him yet.

And this has what to do with breaking balls?

Respectfully I disagree, Roman and Rex are both Run heavy coaches who are now in what should be the hardest division to run the ball. They got McCoy now but honestly Jackson is going to be a better fit for both Rex and Roman as they both seem to like pushing bulky backs through the middle as opposed to letting them find gaps so they can use their vision, I also wouldn't expect to see a ton of passes to McCoy this season. I think Buffalo is going to be a good team as they have a lot of talent but this is going to be one of the toughest divisions to win.

Not sure how much they will use Jackson.  Whaley and Rex wanted to cut him but Pegula stepped in and said he's not going anywhere.  Personally,  I think (and so do our fans) that Fredex still has it but I won't be surprised to see him play more of a mentor role this season.  It also may be his last year.  He might retire.  

Archived