### NY Jets vs Philadelphia Eagles--- Game Thread ###

Maxman

In the past. When Jeremy Kerley was our starting WR. Not now. In the past. I'm tired of hearing this sh*t. Fitzpatrick has been this type of QB his entire career. People want to parade around this board like he is some sort of game manager/"safe" QB. He isnt. He never was. He never will be. Yet people are soooo content with him starting under the guise that he is a different QB than what his past play has shown. Geno is better. Deal with it.

Geno has not shown he's is better.  He's not.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame.  Thought we had something different here but I think the true colors shined today.

Losing to that hapless team is pathetic.  To put up a stinker like that at home with a chance to go 3-0 is another thing, 

I think we should always judge 16 games on one half of football

Geno was thrust into the starting role when he wasn't ready, with an abysmal receiving core and sub-par offensive line.  There are better receivers here now.  You have to play him to see what you have.  You know you cannot win with Ryan Fitzpatrick.  He is just awful.  Lets put Geno in, see what we have, and then keep drafting QB's until you find one.

Geno is awful.

I think we should always judge 16 games on one half of football

I'm not judging on this game alone...barely winning games when you create 5 turnovers was a telling sign.  This game was telling.  If they dont win the turnover battle or have to play a clean game, the Jets will lose.  

don't know what game you were watching ... there were a ton of drops

On passes thrown behind, over and anywhere but on the receiver.  

You obviously werent watching the game if you think any of this was on the receivers and not squarely on Fitz.  He lost the game today

Jets played as bad as they could possibly play and they only surrendered 24 points and lost by 7. It was just one of those days, it happens. The Jets will rebound against Miami, they're a much better football team than they showed today and everybody knows it. I look forward to thrashing Miami, they're a joke.

the voice of reason

Shame.  Thought we had something different here but I think the true colors shined today.

Losing to that hapless team is pathetic.  To put up a stinker like that at home with a chance to go 3-0 is another thing, 

Do you rally think they are hapless?  Their d did not look too bad to me.

Always judge players based on training camp reports 

Well you should, thats what the whole idea of having an open competition was based on.  Its why Geno was the starting QB at the time 

Until your guy is losing the competition, then its training camp

o-line sucked and skill guys can't get open or break tackles.  how did the run game look to you ?

I don't know. I saw a number of open guys throughout the game and the ball was checked down or thrown into coverage elsewhere instead.

Was far from the only reason for the loss, but the receivers weren't covered all game. Not by a long shot.

Geno has not shown he's is better.  He's not.  

Guess what. When he was given the opportunity in training camp, he did.  All of the same issues Fitz showed in TC have shown up in the regular season. There is absolutely zero reason to believe that he is going to change that based off the regular season. 

Guess what. When he was given the opportunity in training camp, he did.  All of the same issues Fitz showed in TC have shown up in the regular season. There is absolutely zero reason to believe that he is going to change that based off the regular season. 

hopefully we will never encounter the beast known as GeeNope

If Fitz doesnt throw a pick in the EZ, after a TO in FG range, miss countless receivers, throw most passes behind his receivers we easily win this game.  

Even the two passes that missed to Smith that weren't picked off were awful throws!!!  Just awful.......

He can't throw outside the numbers... It is clear...

I don't know. I saw a number of open guys throughout the game and the ball was checked down or thrown into coverage elsewhere instead.

Was far from the only reason for the loss, but the receivers weren't covered all game. Not by a long shot.

There were guys running all over the field...they were either not thrown to or horribly missed. 

Archived