Jets need to get Drew Brees if the Saints make him available

joewilly12

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen Brees play many times this yr and for the most part he has been bad. Had a couple of very good games, Not worth $18M a yr and with Revis getting $16M, makes no sense.

Even a bad Brees is much better than we've had here in a while.  But has he really been bad this year?  Granted I haven't seen many Saint games, but weren't his bad games when his shoulder was bothering him?  Other than those I thought he was doing good/great.

I have seen Brees play many times this yr and for the most part he has been bad. Had a couple of very good games, Not worth $18M a yr and with Revis getting $16M, makes no sense.

if the guy is completely done then so be it, but if he can play - why not?  What are the other options? Another journeyman? Give Geno another year?

QB is pretty much the only thing that matters.  

Im not all in for Brees I'm all in for the Jets having a franchise QB 

They have already started clearing cap space when they let Coples go.

With Dee Milliner and Calvin Pace likely to follow, the Jets can get cap money enough to pay Brees. He still has enough left to get the Jets a bridge to Petty.

Brees and Manning both scare me age and durability are major factors.

Manning is finished, but Brees is still slinging the ball like Favre did when he led the Jets to 8-3, before his arm fell off. I think Brees could bring similar results if he stays healthy. Peyton Manning however, is beat up and beat down.

This guy is really poorly informed for a journalist. Kaepernick is going to get cut, there's no need to trade for him. Trading a 2nd rounder would be stupid.

If you trade for Brees and his massive deal, it's going to eat up the majority of the cap room to improve the rest of the team. Same goes for Stafford. This team has many holes and trading draft picks for a 37 year old QB is ill advised.

Stafford I just don't think is very good. Maybe he could improve here with a better o-line and run game. I'm just not sure how much. He has more  picks than Fitz this year. 

yeah, unless someone else likes Kaep and doesn't want to risk losing him by letting him hit the open market.  This poor guy has it right, there's a chance he does go in a trade. 

Brees is not getting the kind of money that eats up your cap.  It will be big but short and risk free kind of deal.  Like we and Minny gave Favre.  Stafford is 27 and you sign him for the long term but protect yourself.  Stafford has been more than good, he's been great playing in a shlt hole city and a mostly shltty and poorly run team.  5k yard seasons with 40+ TDs., things we've never been close to don't suck.

No way. Brees is 40 years old and makes 20 mill a year. Terrible idea!

No way we would go after him at 20 mill.  However he still has some years left, QB is the most important position on a team and the guys we are spenidng or will spend big dollars on are not living up to their hype.  They should at least explore upgrading QB,the 1st truly worrying thing I have heard re our front office this year has been that they love what fitz is doing and want to resign him, thus making him the starter next year.  I like Fitz, think he has done a good job but as an org if you are not looking to improve QBing then you are making a mistake.

he has his money and his ring.  why would he come here to have the tabloids trash him ?

he will play out his deal in NO then sign as a FA with a west coast team or a dome team

the saints asking price and his asking price will be absurd

Yeah his 355, 359, 335, 312, 505, 387 yard games this year and his 20tds vs 9 ints indicate that.

I'd go after Brees very very quickly, as usual asking cost is a factor but I'd even shed salary elsewhere to get a real Qb on this team.

Brees would give the Jets 3 years (less if Petty is the guy) to find and develop a QB.

As Beer stated, the guy is still a very productive QB. No way the Jets would ever get that kind of production from Fitz or Geno.

we've been in rebuild mode for 3 decades.  When in reality we just simply haven't had a QB.  When you have a QB you're never rebuilding.  And when you don't you're always rebuilding   

If you have a chance to get a QB that can win - even if he's older and even if it's for a year or two, you do it.  

You can still continue to draft QB's.  No QB=rebuilding, good QB=continual contention

all we have to do is look at the patriots for the proof. year in and year out it seems like they have lost talent....yet they are constantly winning the division and favorites for a superbowl. why? one reason. tom brady. it tells you one thing....whne you have a great quarterback you can always compete. i've had enough oif this "we are 6 players away so why would we waste money on a qb" argument. its silly and makes zero sense. once you get a quarterback....thats when you can fill in the few areas that need some upgrading. 

I kind of hate the idea of getting a vet at the very end of his career but the reason I'd consider it is because our D is built to win in the next 2 years.  After that window, this franchise will get yet another makeover. 

The NFL is the "not for long" league more than ever these days.  Franchises can go way up or down very quickly.  Rookie QBs start and are expected to produce right away.  If we get Brees and if our D stays healthy and we can hopefully have a good draft next year, we could potentially be good. 

Having said the above, we still have BB and Brady in our division so we're probably better off just starting yet another rebuild now.

I kind of hate the idea of getting a vet at the very end of his career but the reason I'd consider it is because our D is built to win in the next 2 years.  After that window, this franchise will get yet another makeover. 

The NFL is the "not for long" league more than ever these days.  Franchises can go way up or down very quickly.  Rookie QBs start and are expected to produce right away.  If we get Brees and if our D stays healthy and we can hopefully have a good draft next year, we could potentially be good. 

Having said the above, we still have BB and Brady in our division so we're probably better off just starting yet another rebuild now.

The D has been bad as of late slow LBs and a very questionable secondary and no pass rush not a Super Bowl wining D by far. 

Whats the point?  This team is not a qb away from the super bowl.  Brees doesnt play well outdoors.  We would get marginally better but our rebuild would be put off for a few years.  Start building for the future now.

where does this idea that brees is bad outdoors come from? is he better in a dome? yes....any qb would be....especially since he plays in a dome AT HOME. it only makes sense that no adverse weather plus a home field advantage would make his numbers better in a dome. his outdoors numbers? 

64% completion rate (2411/3775)

td - 179 (4.7%)

int - 98 (2.6%)

90.0 passer rating

It's not rocket science necky.

I'm not sure the Jets have a clear-cut strategy on which direction they want to go regarding the QB position.

Brees would give them time to figure that out.

agreed 100%. the strategy is obviously to find a young franchise qb. they dont grow on trees. if they could acquire drew brees to man the position for 3 years and (very important) to mentor any potential young franchise qb....its a no-brainer. otherwise whats our option? fitzpatrick until we find one? lol. dude is sh*t

Archived