Sheldon pleads guilty...

BroadwayJets

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 games minimum.  If Quincy E got 4 games after the charges were dropped, you have to give Sheldon at least 6 for pleading guilty.

So domestic violence and traffic fines is equal to you?? Try telling Ray Rice that the league is big on punishment for beating women even though a case was dropped that usually means the female was paid off..

So domestic violence and traffic fines is equal to you?? Try telling Ray Rice that the league is big on punishment for beating women even though a case was dropped that usually means the female was paid off..

Not to me.  Just stating that we have charges dropped in one case and a guilty plea in another.  One would think an admission to guilt would hold more weight, but it is the NFL.  Ray Rice really didn't get much of a "real" suspension when you think about it.

Two years of probation.  Could be just what we needed to get him in line.  Doubt he'll risk jail time.  Not that I want Wilk to go, but it's seeming like that's a strong possibility.

If Sheldon can clean up his act (even if forced by probation), sign Snacks, and Williams keeps progressing...  could potentially work out for the best if losing Wilk means potentially having cap space to bring in an outside speed rusher.

Not to me.  Just stating that we have charges dropped in one case and a guilty plea in another.  One would think an admission to guilt would hold more weight, but it is the NFL.  Ray Rice really didn't get much of a "real" suspension when you think about it.

Has any team signed him after that?? That's pretty big punishment to me..

Has any team signed him after that?? That's pretty big punishment to me..

If teams thought Ray Rice was still a dynamic running threat, a team would have signed him, he was not signed becuase he is an old, small RB, who is not worth the hassle he will bring. If he was worht the hassle, he would have been signed.

If teams thought Ray Rice was still a dynamic running threat, a team would have signed him, he was not signed becuase he is an old, small RB, who is not worth the hassle he will bring. If he was worht the hassle, he would have been signed.

True he's 29 and if he was AP or someone of equal talent someone would sign him..

I'd have to agree with this. Who was more hated than Michael Vick?

While eligible to play, he stops getting signed when teams stop believing he has anything to offer on their roster.

No suspension.  No NFL-related rule was broken, no one was harmed, and there is validity to the NFL suspending him for this plea.

Don;t get me wrong, our joke justice system SHOULD have put this idiot away, in real prison, for a while.

But since they didn't, the idiot in question should fight, in court, ANY suspension the league hands out.  

After all, we have seen how well that works.

No suspension.  No NFL-related rule was broken, no one was harmed, and there is validity to the NFL suspending him for this plea.

the one NFL rule he did break was not informing his team of the offense. in light of his previous suspensions he might not be in position to be 'let off with a warning' 

prediction: he gets suspended for 1 or 2 games max

Don;t get me wrong, our joke justice system SHOULD have put this idiot away, in real prison, for a while.

But since they didn't, the idiot in question should fight, in court, ANY suspension the league hands out.  

After all, we have seen how well that works.

Besides, he is an NFL defensive lineman.  Resisting arrest is kinda his job.

Archived