Carson Wentz Pro Day.

Tony The Wiz

Just watched Carson Wentz Pro Day. Was Excellent and only one bad ball due to his first throw with water squirted on it. He reminds me of a better athletic Carson Palmer.  Him and Goff are running neck and neck in my book. Goff has much more tape and Wentz is more athletic and a better arm.  Browns have to pick him if they are smart but who knows. 

8 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

If that's the case trade up and take him.  This team's going nowhere without a franchise QB.

True but the Jets could not trade up that many spots. You would have to give the bank for this. But the Jets could get Paxton Lynch who is not that far from Wentz. Lynch needs to be coached up but he has everything in size, athleticism, arm, and toughness but he has something these other QBS don't have is a chip on his shoulder. Only Memphis gave him a scholarship.

How come Wentz was never picked up by the bigger college programs if he's THAT HANDS DOWN talented? not knocking the guy, serious legit inquiry?

Considering all the shenanigans these big programs go through to get top talent, how'd he slip to SDSU (I know he's legacy there) and never upgraded?

7 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

How come Wentz was never picked up by the bigger college programs if he's THAT HANDS DOWN talented? not knocking the guy, serious legit inquiry?

Considering all the shenanigans these big programs go through to get top talent, how'd he slip to SDSU (I know he's legacy there) and never upgraded?

He said he was a three sport player and that in high school he was a pitcher and had shoulder tendinitis so he took a year off at QB.

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Brandt said it was one of the best pro days he has ever seen from a QB.  Cleveland should take him if they have a brain.  If not some team will trade up for him.

You gotta ask yourself why was Jackson the only HC there?

Either hes going later OR the Entire NFL thinks hes going to Cleveland. 

8 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

He was a Baseball player.  He didnt even start playing QB till like his Senior year in HS because I think he got injured playing Baseball.  He was a shrimp and had an insane growth spurt in High School.  I think he just wasnt on anyone radar because he developed so late and didnt really play a ton of High School Football. 

Jacksonville has the the cap space, and the need for Mo Wilk, is Mo Wilk, and 20 enough to move up top 5?  Getting to 1 from there would be easy as Tennessee wants the Ramsey kid, but would prefer not to take him at 1.  Dropping to 5 ensures him still as Wentz, and Goff would go 1, 2.  Then Tunsil, and either Bosa, or Jack Cowboys preference, and then Titans get Ramsey at 5, and pick up something extra for the future via picks.

2 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

He said he was a three sport player and that in high school he was a itches and had shoulder tendinitis so he took a year off at QB.

Thank you kind Sir for that answer. "What's an "itches" is that Dakotan for B1tches?

PS - pitcher. got it. thanks

1 minute ago, JiF said:

He was a Baseball player.  He didnt even start playing QB till like his Senior year in HS because I think he got injured playing Baseball.  He was a shrimp and had an insane growth spurt in High School.  I think he just wasnt on anyone radar because he developed so late and didnt really play a ton of High School Football. 

Ah. makes even more sense. thanks. LONG LIVE PHIFE!!!!

39 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

True but the Jets could not trade up that many spots. You would have to give the bank for this. But the Jets could get Paxton Lynch who is not that far from Wentz. Lynch needs to be coached up but he has everything in size, athleticism, arm, and toughness but he has something these other QBS don't have is a chip on his shoulder. Only Memphis gave him a scholarship.

Couldn't you say the exact same thing about Petty?

43 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Jacksonville has the the cap space, and the need for Mo Wilk, is Mo Wilk, and 20 enough to move up top 5?  Getting to 1 from there would be easy as Tennessee wants the Ramsey kid, but would prefer not to take him at 1.  Dropping to 5 ensures him still as Wentz, and Goff would go 1, 2.  Then Tunsil, and either Bosa, or Jack Cowboys preference, and then Titans get Ramsey at 5, and pick up something extra for the future via picks.

EDIT: can they afford both Malik and Wilk on that line?  Not sure about that.

1 hour ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Just watched Carson Wentz Pro Day. Was Excellent and only one bad ball due to his first throw with water squirted on it. He reminds me of a better athletic Carson Palmer.  Him and Goff are running neck and neck in my book. Goff has much more tape and Wentz is more athletic and a better arm.  Browns have to pick him if they are smart but who knows. 

Is it because they share the same first name?

4 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Why not, Rivers is 34yrs old??? have him sit on the bench for 2-3 then take over.

While I still like the idea of letting a rookie wait and learn, not too many teams are drafting a QB in the top 4, and then letting him sit for 2-3 years.

37 minutes ago, JiF said:

Is it because they share the same first name?

No but if you watch college football like I have you see two QBS who are around 6:5 and are an accurate passer. They throw a nice ball and are smart. The difference is Carson Palmer at USC wasn't athletic and rarely ran for yards where Wentz could take off like a Flacco and make some good yardage.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Brandt said it was one of the best pro days he has ever seen from a QB.  Cleveland should take him if they have a brain.  If not some team will trade up for him.

They said the same thing about Jamarcus Russell, and look what happened there lol

6 minutes ago, King P said:

They said the same thing about Jamarcus Russell, and look what happened there lol

Brandt actually said the best one he had ever seen was Bradford.  And as we know pro days can have the opposite affect as well.  Bridgewater couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at his pro day and looks to be fairy promising for Minny.

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

We have no QB. I'd be calling Tennessee right now after this pro day...but that's me.  He's not getting passed 2.  I don't know what Mac feels though. I've believed in this kid since last year so I admit that I have a bit of a bias.  I say go get him.

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Ben Roethlisberger went to Miami Ohio. 

Thats not a big college program, yet Roethlisberger is arguably the best QB drafted the past 15 years. 

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Silly rabbit, didn't you LEARN ANYTHING from the Redskins-Rams RG3 trade?

k2-_797e88ab-327e-43cd-b058-4aaa9f19ea51

You could argue it would have worked out though, if not for the injury. 

And these guys aren't the same style of "running, duel threat" QB's. 

Archived