Geno gets mixed response from fans re: instagram post

AFJF

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The heartbreak of these guys lol. Brandon Marshall and Nick Mangold takes a photo with Fitz right after he resigns and guys were having a field day about how Geno stinks and "look how his teammates react putting photos on instagram". Geno puts an emoji and these guys are losing their sh*t. lol.

Those in glass houses.

This thread is kind of laughably ridiculous considering the desperate attempts some are making to translate it into outrage they made up.  With that said, you're quite literally the last person on this board with any room to judge on that kind of stuff.  This type of nonsense is pretty much the content of every single thing you ever post around here.  Just because it's in favor of/against different players doesn't make your drivel any better than their drivel.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Easy, he seen what it turned into. (Jets fans)

If that was his actual intention then there would be no need in deleting it. Grow up. 

I am convinced you are Geno Smith.  It makes perfect sense.

Please suck over at Jets Insider.

Thank you.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Those in glass houses.

This thread is kind of laughably ridiculous considering the desperate attempts some are making to translate it into outrage they made up.  With that said, you're quite literally the last person on this board with any room to judge on that kind of stuff.  This type of nonsense is pretty much the content of every single thing you ever post around here.  Just because it's in favor of/against different players doesn't make your drivel any better than their drivel.

As I said, losing their sh*t!

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Social media will be one of the top three causes of the fall of man, along with global warning and participation trophies.

“When u realize fitz throws 6 interceptions and ur still the backup"

“When Brandon Marshall was your best friend for 2 months but now he’s in love with a lumberjack and doesn’t answer your texts,”

LOL, perfect.

SAR I

Lol the social media police.  

I wonder if social media interpretation will be a class one day, like literature now.  There would be an excess of professors available at least for that one.

Honestly, I couldn't care less.  I root for Sheldon Richardson, after he decided to evade police, while smoking, with a gun and kid in the car.  I could live with a few emojis.   

I think this just goes to show either the immaturity or lack of restraint by Geno's part. That being said, if that we his only transgression, or he was the starter it wouldn't effect me either way.

It is different to tweet when someone is signed or if someone (or the team) achieves something great. I am not sure I see the value of sending a pouty face out there, maybe I am just too old and not 'hip' with some of this social media. I also don't get into the 'show me attention' posts (that some of my friends do on FB).

If you love Geno, it won't bother you; if you hate him, then it is more fuel to the fire. Clearly, the reaction wasn't what he expected. I also don't know what he was thinking (if anything). In the grand scheme of things, however, there is nothing to see here. He didn't throw Fitz under the bus, he didn't DUI, he didn't fight or steal. Not sure where the outrage is.

I'm a Jets fan and a Geno Smith fan.

I wouldn't have done that and don't think it's a good thing he did it.

That said, the abject hate he's been subjected to has got to be wearing on him AND the fact that he can't even get a snap after 4 or 5 INTs from the starter.

22 minutes ago, phill1c said:

That said, the abject hate he's been subjected to has got to be wearing on him AND the fact that he can't even get a snap after 4 or 5 INTs from the starter.

He brought it on himself by being lazy, unprepared, petty, immature, and unprofessional, and that's before you take into account he doesn't have NFL caliber ability.

He'd better make that $5,019,000 last or he's going to be the oldest grocery bagger at Stop & Shop if he uses the same judgement with money he's demonstrated here towards leadership so far.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He brought it on himself by being lazy, unprepared, petty, immature, and unprofessional, and that's before you take into account he doesn't have NFL caliber ability.

He'd better make that $5,019,000 last or he's going to be the oldest grocery bagger at Stop & Shop if he uses the same judgement with money he's demonstrated here towards leadership so far.

SAR I

Again, the amount of energy you spend hating Geno is really pathetic. We get it, You hate him. It's real downer for his fans to see every post from you some sort of hate. It really brings down my head. But maybe it's time to find the 'ignore' button.

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Geno can't do anything right

It's sounds funny but it's actually true.

If the NFL drew up a book on what not to do as a franchise quarterback prospect they couldn't have done it better than Geno's actions themselves.  Media boycotts, social media trolling, social media baiting, social media sexual misconduct, failure to show at a sponsored football event, failure to pay teammates debt, locker room harassment, narcissism, and that's before you take into account anything actually related to performance on the field.

The guy is a train-wreck.  He'll be gone very soon.  We have that to look forward to.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Again, the amount of energy you spend hating Geno is really pathetic. We get it, You hate him. It's real downer for his fans to see every post from you some sort of hate. It really brings down my head. But maybe it's time to find the 'ignore' button.

Let's see if we can make something positive out of this.  We're both Jets fans.

The reason I go off on Geno is because he did significant damage to me in the 2013 and 2014 seasons that can't be reversed, the ability to vent is therapeutic in a way, it's helping me cope.  The other reason I go off on Geno is because I cannot actually fathom how he has any fans, it actually took me a few months to realize that the pro-Geno posts were on the level and not completely sarcastic. My jaw literally hung wide open when I came to realize that the 6 of you really like the guy and think he is the answer to our 45 year dilemma.

So, in an effort to build a bridge to a thousand points of light, can you tell me how one becomes a Geno Smith fan?  What is it that makes you think he's The One and is being persecuted by the Jets FO?

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Let's see if we can make something positive out of this.  We're both Jets fans.

The reason I go off on Geno is because he did significant damage to me in the 2013 and 2014 seasons that can't be reversed, the ability to vent is therapeutic in a way, it's helping me cope.  The other reason I go off on Geno is because I cannot actually fathom how he has any fans, it actually took me a few months to realize that the pro-Geno posts were on the level and not completely sarcastic.

So, in an effort to build a bridge to a new thousand points of light, can you tell me how one becomes a Geno Smith fan?

SAR I

Sorry, but to me, you sound like a very sad, hateful, immature, racist person. So, really, beyond showing some maturity and giving up hate, I don't know what to tell you other than your posts are very repetitive and offer no value to a football discussion. There's never a single relevant fact to them, just derivatives of "I hate Geno..." To me, a Black man, I can't really respect your opinions because they don't offer anything of substance.

I mean, really, Geno Smith did damage to YOU?? How idiotic.

Thanks for reaching out, but I don't think there's any real common ground.

14 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Sorry, but to me, you sound like a very sad, hateful, immature, racist person. So, really, beyond showing some maturity and giving up hate, I don't know what to tell you other than your posts are very repetitive and offer no value to a football discussion. There's never a single relevant fact to them, just derivatives of "I hate Geno..." To me, a Black man, I can't really respect your opinions because they don't offer anything of substance.

I mean, really, Geno Smith did damage to YOU?? How idiotic.

Thanks for reaching out, but I don't think there's any real common ground.

Racism:  I hated on Chad Pennington 10x more than Geno Smith and he's the whitest white-guy alive so there's that.  I would also say that what you just said about me is about the most racist thing, ever.  FWIW the Jets jerseys my kids and I wear are Bart Scott, Ladanian Tomlinson, Darrelle Revis, Quinton Coples, and Calvin Prior, but let's let that go.  Racist.  How low.

Substance: I gave you the opportunity to school me on why I am being way too hard on Geno Smith and show me the mistake in judgement myself and millions of Jets fans across the world have shown towards him.  So what is it?  Trust me, no one wants one of the quarterbacks on our roster to be the next Tom Brady more than I do, so it would thrill me to learn that that guy is Geno Smith.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Racism:  I hated on Chad Pennington 10x more than Geno Smith and he's the whitest white-guy alive so there's that.  I would also say that what you just said about me is about the most racist thing, ever.  But let's let that go.

Substance: I gave you the opportunity to school me on why I am being way too hard on Geno Smith and show me the mistake in judgement myself and millions of Jets fans across the world have shown towards him.  So what is it?  Trust me, no one wants one of the quarterbacks on our roster to be the next Tom Brady more than I do, so it would thrill me to learn that that guy is Geno Smith.

SAR I

God, you're just soo boring.

As much as I don't appreciate Ryan Fitzpatrick's talents, I don't hate him. Hate diminishes the hater. Clearly, you don't realize how diminished you appear to be.

And, really, I feel like I've wasted so much time ALREADY talking to you about Geno Smith. He hasn't actually taken a single regular season snap in over a year. Hasn't been the starter in a year.

That you could hate Pennington, who is head-and-shoulders better than Ryan Fitzpatrick shows how hate has diminished your intellectual capacity. Pennington was accurate. He had no arm, but he was cerebral (smart) and productive. Fitzpatrick is not even Pennington good.

I haven't found the Ignore button. Do you know where it is?

31 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I would advise that, just use ignore. Throwing racism labels around is a very dangerous thing to do.

Someone can hate on Geno based on his football accomplishments (or lack thereof).

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

God, you're just soo boring.

As much as I don't appreciate Ryan Fitzpatrick's talents, I don't hate him. Hate diminishes the hater. Clearly, you don't realize how diminished you appear to be.

And, really, I feel like I've wasted so much time ALREADY talking to you about Geno Smith. He hasn't actually taken a single regular season snap in over a year. Hasn't been the starter in a year.

That you could hate Pennington, who is head-and-shoulders better than Ryan Fitzpatrick shows how hate has diminished your intellectual capacity. Pennington was accurate. He had no arm, but he was cerebral (smart) and productive. Fitzpatrick is not even Pennington good.

I haven't found the Ignore button. Do you know where it is?

I hate players that decimate our franchise and waste years of our lives as investments that don't pay off.  Nothing wastes more time than a young quarterback who never reaches his potential, Chad Pennington and Geno Smith are the same quarterback and both set us back about the same amount of time.

As for your deflection, again, tell me why Geno Smith is a great quarterback prospect and how millions of us don't see it.

SAR I

The Jets are in a bad spot. Petty isn't physically ready. Fitz just crapped the bed and is about to face the Seahawks.

When you go to Geno and he leads the teams to the playoffs they will regret not locking him up long term when they had the chance.

Just now, Maxman said:

I would advise that, just use ignore. Throwing racism labels around is a very dangerous thing to do.

Someone can hate on Geno based on his football accomplishments (or lack thereof).

the notion that "hate" is ok seems ridiculous...for grown ups.

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

the notion that "hate" is ok seems ridiculous...for grown ups.

I meant hate in the football sense not on a personal level. They can "hate" the way they felt watching Geno play QB the first few years of his career.

Archived